27 replies to this topic

#16 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:39 PM

I would be a little more freaked about the threat of the living walking down the road at night than any spirits. It's nice to know you made it back okay.

I think at first the little peculiarities (feelings of being watched) was just amplified by the fact that it was an impromptu late trip the the store and every little thing from then on fed your fear.

I've had those same fear driven epsiodes. I would have been sprinting back home, forget the chips. Make toast!

lol!! Its the strangest thing though since I usually go walking around at night I have to admit it was the first time I felt so uncomfortable about it but I do see a relevance in your point
Usually when I'm out on my walks theres someone at home with my grandma
so I'm figuring that the discomfort I had was much to do with leaving her alone for even a few minutes. (at least thats what ive decided upon to have a bit more control over that situation :Spaz: )

Axman I wish I had an emf detector but youve given me a very good idea because I do have a small handheld compass...If I'm not mistaken I've read that they'll go a little haywire when electromagnetic fields are being disrupted
(And ghosts can do the same thing I think?)
Ill follow your suggestion and take some notes to see what I come up with. :yawn:
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#17 Goddess Four Wins

Goddess Four Wins

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality, spititism, spirits! Oh! And other things, too!

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

I've got a little different take on this...sorta...*smile*

Because I hear voices, too...

Some times, I just hear my name being called. That's happened for as long as I can remember. When I was younger, I'd get out of bed and ask my mother if she or my stepfather had called me for something. Of course, they hadn't, and I used to think they thought it was just an excuse for me to get out of bed, after bed time...

Mom says she remembers all those times...but she hears herself being called, too, so at least she doesn't think I'm crazy...

Most often, I hear little snippets of conversations. I tell people (not many, mind you!) that it's like sitting on a bench in the mall, catching little bits of conversations of people as they walk by. The words are distinguishable, usually, but they hold no special meaning to me.

I've come to think, during those times, when I don't really get the conversations, that the "veils" between our reality and whatever reality those voices are coming from is thin, and I just happen to be witnessing someone passing closely. (It's when I wonder if they see me as a "ghost.")

The voices that call me are a little different. Some are very soft and others are shouting! I don't know how many times I've just said, "What?? I'm right here. What do you want??"

I'm thinking I should have my tape recorder handy, but it usually just happens out of the blue...

I've not been afraid, but then again, it's part of my beliefs that I've got a very strong shield and some kick-butt guides that protect me. I think a protective talisman is a good idea, if you're afraid...and asking for protection from the spirit world, whatever your beliefs, can't hurt either.

I just wanted you to know, I believe you...and don't think you're crazy. Whatever the reason for what happened, just arm yourself as best you can, and get out there! Hopefully, whatever you witnessed with those two guys talking wasn't directed at you...

Much Love...GFW
*I left the D out of my name so anyone searching for me can't find me! LOL They don't all need to know about my other addiction!*

#18 lulaboo

lulaboo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:19 AM

Well at least I'm not the only one!!! I never discredit anybody who claims to hear voices especially when I can hear them.
For me I have to say that most of the time it's like hearing a distant radio during a news break and someone keeps changing the station to get back to the music...Very few are the times that it's like a very soft whispering in my ear. Either way, I think that if I just stay very still and quiet all thats in my head I can make out whats being discussed.
Because just like you said hearing parts of conversations other people have whilst passing by and it's not specificly directed at me. The only thing that it affects is my curiousity as to what they're talking about, but that's about it.
When I know they're communicating with me, it's not something I can hear with my ears or in my head. Its like i'm given a detailed emotion to experience and somehow I can decipher a message from it...
And I don't know if this sounds off the wall but...In turn, using that method, I've been able to rely on the folks who've passed on to deliver a few messages for me. For any reason that I couldn't get to a phone if I was running late getting home and no one need worry about me.

I guess it boils down to that I'm far more comfortable with the emotional method of communication because for me it's natural and very personal, less shocking.
Not that I don't see how hearing them with either my ears or in my head is unnatural and less personal.
But I think you may understand if I said that I've grown accustomed to overhearing conversations which I felt had nothing to do with me because I know my life doesn't depend on it. It's the only way I can explain it.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#19 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:48 AM

I once heard voices coming from inside my garage. It sounded like two men quietly whispering about something. I freaked. I was home alone at night so I called the police.

They came out, guns drawn, opened my garage to find no one.

They checked the perimeter of my home, nothing.

This happened again months later. Again, I called the cops, they came out, drew their guns, no one, yada, yada, yada....

It happened again, this time in the day, BAD_WORD off I opened my garage door, my cocker spaniel was biting his behind, making noises EXACTLY like men murmuring!

I could not believe it! Sometimes there are explanations for those voices we here! Thank God for me in this instance!
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#20 lulaboo

lulaboo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:28 AM

I once heard voices coming from inside my garage. It sounded like two men quietly whispering about something. I freaked. I was home alone at night so I called the police.

They came out, guns drawn, opened my garage to find no one.

They checked the perimeter of my home, nothing.

This happened again months later. Again, I called the cops, they came out, drew their guns, no one, yada, yada, yada....

It happened again, this time in the day, BAD_WORD off I opened my garage door, my cocker spaniel was biting his behind, making noises EXACTLY like men murmuring!

I could not believe it! Sometimes there are explanations for those voices we here! Thank God for me in this instance!

ROFL!! Ive had something like that happen a few years back...
My ex husband and I were woken up in the middle of the night because we heard some odd noises coming from the living room. I was convinced it could have been a prowler and because he said he would have known if someone had broken in to the apartment it must be a ghost (he knew things like that he said)...
Well he was brave enough to follow me into the living room after we argued about what it could be and we heard the odd rustling sound again but saw no one and nothing out of the ordinary. I flipped on the light switch and a paper bag which was sitting next to the front door began to move. Honestly I never saw that man jump so high in his life when my kitty Brittany (rest her sweet whiskers) jumped out of that bag. Even I gave out a little yelp because it was pretty startling but all she had been doing was playing with the Christmas lights I had taken down the day before. I couldnt stop laughing for a few minutes after that.
Sure enough it's times like that which can be pretty scary because you really dont know whats going on until you have a look for yourself...but when you find out its the simplest most rational explanation there could possibly be you just have to laugh for the sake of relief. :whip:

#21 Goddess Four Wins

Goddess Four Wins

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality, spititism, spirits! Oh! And other things, too!

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:26 PM

hahahaha! I always look for a natural or rational explanation first...and have been duped a couple of times, when I went off looking for something paranormal.

But back to the voices...I often hear them in white noise: the hum of my cpu, the whir of my box fan. Sometimes, it's like you said about radio stations...I just can't hear enough to catch anything and know it's not relevant to me.

But...

I once heard a lady singing...and I managed to record the words. It sounded like something from the 30's?? Here's what I heard:

You'd do well to love me
You'd do well
You'd do well to love me
I can tell

Oh, I can't state
That you'd do great
But I know Baby
You'd do well

I did an online search for anything similar but came up empty-handed...although I know not all the lyrics from the 30's would be online.

Just strange...

Much Love...GFW
*I left the D out of my name so anyone searching for me can't find me! LOL They don't all need to know about my other addiction!*

#22 lulaboo

lulaboo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:47 PM

But back to the voices...I often hear them in white noise: the hum of my cpu, the whir of my box fan. Sometimes, it's like you said about radio stations...I just can't hear enough to catch anything and know it's not relevant to me.

White noise is alot of fun for me for the most part because I've been able to teach myself to focus on the repetetive sounds the motors make and find familliar sounding words to repeat over and over in my head...
When that happens I can basicly tune out my own self induced litany, which in turn, helps me to tune out anything else that comes along that doesn't pertain to me (Because I'm very easily distracted)
Unfortunately it doesn't apply to the airconditioner, washer/dryer unit or the stereo when the speakers are on but nothing is playing. Even running water sets me on edge...I guess it's because the sounds are largely inconsistent and don't have a regular rhythm that I can rely on for the sake of personal control...If that makes any sense :whee:

#23 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Bump! Lets here what everybody else thinks of this encounter.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#24 no1plumbrr

no1plumbrr

Would let the taxpayers foot the bill to go to a GV convention

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Interests:DENISE
    ghosts, aliens, and anything crazy.

FEARS: clowns and now BEP, thanks guys you rock ! ;)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

I wish I could control my ADD enough to listen, I know I would hear something, I have some tag-a-long spirits and I think a new one where me and my baby just moved into..... may have to try, any suggestions.... oh and the dog is always chasing something, day or night
In love with an awesome woman
SHALOM my friends !

#25 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

What is it like to have a spirit follow you everywhere?
Right this way to my haunted space.

#26 no1plumbrr

no1plumbrr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

Its good for me.... its my grandfather and sometimes his father tags along. Especially if I am building something
SHALOM my friends !

#27 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

That must bring you peace to know they are always there.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#28 no1plumbrr

no1plumbrr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

It does help, sometimes I feel something dark, not sure what to think about it. Need a reading ....
SHALOM my friends !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users