How to upload photos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Flip

Flip

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:25 PM

Can someone give me a clue how to upload a photo. When I hit the little insert image tab. It says I must enter a URL. I have a really cool photo to share,but what a time I'm having. Please help.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:36 PM

Welcome Flip, please follow the instructions below:

Go to http://imageshack.us Upload the picture you want from your computer. Click on the HOST IT button, and once your picture is uploaded, you will get a screen like this:
Posted Image
All you have to do is to COPY and PASTE the code that says Thumbnails for Forums (1). This would show your picture as a thumbnail on GV, when clicked would display the larger picture.

If you want to display the actual picture, COPY the code that says "Direct Link to Image" and post in between the tags. This way the image would be displayed as the sample I have shown above.
Posted Image

#3 FALL(ing)ANGEL

FALL(ing)ANGEL

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:i love music (metal and hiphop) i like reading about the occult and trying new things like evp,ouigi,etc.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:04 PM

Can someone give me a clue how to upload a photo. When I hit the little insert image tab. It says I must enter a URL. I have a really cool photo to share,but what a time I'm having. Please help.

me too!!! wanna upload a pic but it sez please contact board member.i did, and she gave me this. duz anyone know whats goin on?

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

Well, I am not a "she" but a "he" :)
never mind. If you failed to upload after following the steps I send you in IM, we may need to check it again. Give us some time to rectify this. Thank you.

BTW: try the steps mentioned about once more and do let us know.

Edited by MoonChild, 08 February 2007 - 04:21 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:48 PM

Presently you can use an image hosting site, such as Imageshack, to upload photos into your posts.

However, there is a problem with the boards that is currently preventing some members from uploading photos from their computers onto their profiles. This is being looked into, and hopefully will be resolved shortly.

Until that time, if you want to show us what you look like, feel free to post a picture of yourself, using an image hosting site, on our "Pictures Of GhostVillagers" thread in the Real Life Board
Posted Image

#6 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:53 AM

I had a problem trying to put a photo of myself in my profile. I am not quite sure how to make the image smaller. It's too big.

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

If you are using Adobe Photoshop check this link: http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=18392

But the same process can be followed in any of the image editing software, though the keys and options to do it might be different.

Edited by SattvicMoon, 22 September 2007 - 10:33 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:22 PM

Thanks Moonie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users