How to Communicate With the Dead

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#31 73Shovel

73Shovel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:There's nothing like being under the great southwest sky...an experience that proves we are not alone. Around 2am on an old v-twin, with a pocket full of sticks, puts you in touch. You have a band of brothers that are in it for the speed, travel and respect. Spirits are cool. <br /><br />~ Radio<br />~ Speed<br />~ FLH Shovel Head<br />~ Guitars<br />~ Cadillac's<br />~ Hillbilly Music<br />~ Spiritography<br />~ My Life<br />~ Friends &amp; Family<br />~ Art<br />~ Creative Energy<br />~ Life

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:09 PM

By the way, with some very aberrant results to the mirror room, Dr. Raymond Moody, recanted its use and withdrew his support of his own writings.

God bless, J

Hmmmmmmmm...can you back that up?

Last time I heard him speak about it, he was positive about it.

#32 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:20 AM

Some people feel the intense need to communicate with someone who is dead. Usually, they desire to contact a loved one that they have lost or some simply harbor a fascination with death or the dead. When one wishes to reconnect with the presence of someone they have lost, they may turn to methods involving communication with the dead.

When one is interested in contacting the dead, there are a few techniques that can be followed, according to a Dr. Raymond Moody, who claims to be quite an expert when it comes to near-death experiences, as well as the afterlife. Moody suggests a technique that was used during ancient times for those who wanted to receive a vision. It is said that Nostradamus used this approach when he was foretelling the future. It simply involves a large mirror, as well as a variety of suggestions to ensure a positive and successful line of contact. Below you will find a checklist to follow when you want to attempt communication between the dead.

1) To gain a clear state of mind, one should refrain from consuming products that contain dairy and caffeine the day before an encounter is attempted. Fruits and vegetables should be the only simple foods that are consumed.

2) When attempting to contact the dead, you should position yourself in the quietest section of your dwellings. Watches and jewelry should be removed; loose clothing should be worn. Relaxation is the key for those who wish to contact the dead. Distractions, such as clocks and phones should be unplugged. When complete silence is achieved, a large mirror should be placed in front of you. The mirror should be at an angle that promotes comfortableness.

3) If you are having trouble reaching an altered state of mind, looking at artwork or listening to calming music can achieve a sense of awareness conducive to this type of act.

4) If you are trying to contact a loved one, you should surround yourself with some of their photographs, as well as their personal items. Touching the objects will bring you closer to who you are trying to contact. Some of the items you may choose to set about you may include family films, photo albums, old letters, glasses, a piece of their clothing, as well as a few of their favorite things. Anything that evokes feelings or memories should be used.

5) Light a candle and put it behind you. When dim light is used, it is best that it be placed behind your body. It is said that twilight hours is the best time to communicate with the dead because many people experience altered states. Some can mirror gaze surrounded by bright lights, but this takes time to get use to, as well as achieve.

6) When you are ready to mirror gaze, you should be in a comfortable, relaxed position. You will gaze into the mirror without trying to see anything; it will be similar to looking at something that is located far from view. You may start to feel a tingling within your fingertips.

7) The mirror may seem cloudy after some time, while others have reported that the mirror becomes darker in color. When things within the mirror do not seem as clear as they did before, you may be ready to experience contact with the dead.

8) Complete silence should still be maintained. Allow yourself to view the images that appear to you within the mirror (if you are lucky to experience this phase). The images that you may encounter will probably last for only less than a minute. Some people are able to view images for as long as 10 minutes, but this may take some time to develop. Sometimes you may not see a thing, but will instead hear the voice of your loved one. Some have claimed to actually feel their touch. Experiences with mirror gazing can be quite varied.

****taken from an article by Yona Williams****

Thanks MoonChild this was very informative .

:headbang:

#33 JT & RA

JT & RA

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

Wow. This one weirded me out to read. My mother, also a sensitive, had contact with a spirit once through a mirror in her bedroom. She doesn't know who it was, and has since been terrified of looking into a mirror in a dark room (she refuses to have a mirror in her bedroom). We were just talking about it today as a matter of fact, wondering what about mirrors is it. I've noticed that I sense my father the stronger in my bedroom, and had an intense contact this afternoon in our master bathroom (a huge wall-size mirror). I kept looking into the mirror at the bedroom behind me, as if I were to see something.

Question.... how do you contact a spirit whose already trying to make contact with you? When I go see my mother next month, I'd like to try with her to make contact with my father. I posted this in another place in the forum, but I believe he's been near me for the last few years, specifically in this house, and I believe he's tried to make contact with me last night and today. I've been feeling his presence lately, but last night and today I actually felt him touch me. But I'm afraid to make first contact on my own (a great big chicken), and so is my mom, so we're going to try it together. Question is, how?

~Joanne

#34 JT & RA

JT & RA

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:43 PM

Wow. This one weirded me out to read. My mother, also a sensitive, had contact with a spirit once through a mirror in her bedroom. She doesn't know who it was, and has since been terrified of looking into a mirror in a dark room (she refuses to have a mirror in her bedroom). We were just talking about it today as a matter of fact, wondering what about mirrors is it. I've noticed that I sense my father the stronger in my bedroom, and had an intense contact this afternoon in our master bathroom (a huge wall-size mirror). I kept looking into the mirror at the bedroom behind me, as if I were to see something.

Question.... how do you contact a spirit whose already trying to make contact with you? When I go see my mother next month, I'd like to try with her to make contact with my father. I posted this in another place in the forum, but I believe he's been near me for the last few years, specifically in this house, and I believe he's tried to make contact with me last night and today. I've been feeling his presence lately, but last night and today I actually felt him touch me. But I'm afraid to make first contact on my own (a great big chicken), and so is my mom, so we're going to try it together. Question is, how?

~Joanne

#35 JT & RA

JT & RA

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:48 PM

This is most confusing. After typing quite a lengthy reply I was told that I could not edit the post...I was trying to reply to Joanne. I did 'save' the message I had typed, but now have no idea where it is saved. So, I'll try to post this to see if it will show up as a reply to Joanne. If it does, then I'll re-type my original message, since the first typing is 'somewhere in the ether'. JT & Ra

#36 JT & RA

JT & RA

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

This is most confusing. After typing quite a lengthy reply I was told that I could not edit the post...I was trying to reply to Joanne. I did 'save' the message I had typed, but now have no idea where it is saved. So, I'll try to post this to see if it will show up as a reply to Joanne. If it does, then I'll re-type my original message, since the first typing is 'somewhere in the ether'. JT & Ra

Last night I was trying to reply to Joanne. As stated above, I typed in a lengthy reply then lost it because I didn't do something correctly. It was too late last night to re-type it. I will try again here.
TO JOANNE: This is JT, RA is my spirit channel. RA advises me that all spirit contact should staart with prayer to ask for protection from the evil that would come to you without God's protection. I will give you a simple prayer, but you must use your own personal method of prayer.

#37 Zulphur

Zulphur

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:My interests span from a huge variety of things some of these are..
    Music, B - horror Movies, HI - FI, Reading, Travelling, computers, meeting new interesting people like you?

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:28 AM

Welcome, Hightension, to GhostVillage. Glad to have you with us. First, make sure you read here a lot. There is a lot of good information for you, if you are willing to take the time to find and read it. Don't just look at the page you have up - go to the bottom of the screen and you will see that you can access past pages/threads. You might find your questions answered there. And when you post, you might want to slow down when typing - a few well placed periods and apostrophes will make your posts easier to read and more likely to be answered. I hope you enjoy your time in the village - you'll make lots of great friends who will help you in any way we can! :whoohoo:

hey redhead thanks iv been talking to someone about this for a while now and things have gotten alot better and easier thanks alot for replying

Iīve heard that you should not contact spirits if you dont know what you are doing

I would like to contact Ian Curtis the singer of Joy Division, read more about him here.
Ian Curtis

what should i do If i would like to contact him in a safe way.

Edited by Zulphur, 03 August 2007 - 09:29 AM.

"That is not deadWhich can eternal lieYet with strange aeonsEven death may die."'(H.P. Lovecraft)

#38 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

Zulpher, the problem with contacting the spirit world is that, once we open our mind with an intention to reach out, the spirit world will get connected, but as humans, we are not in a position to tell if the entity that connected with us is indeed the right one we want. Moreover, entities with selfish motives can mimic the actual spirit, and take us for a ride. It is all a mind game, and hence unless we do take appropriate measures on the mind level, it is quite dangerous to initiate the contact. I am not expert, but I have heard that visualizing yourself in a bright white light can help, and also keeping with you some of the religious symbols etc that you believe in. It is about closing your own mind when the wrong entities contact you. Someone with more experience will surely be helpful for you. Good day!
Posted Image

#39 Zulphur

Zulphur

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:My interests span from a huge variety of things some of these are..
    Music, B - horror Movies, HI - FI, Reading, Travelling, computers, meeting new interesting people like you?

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

Zulpher, the problem with contacting the spirit world is that, once we open our mind with an intention to reach out, the spirit world will get connected, but as humans, we are not in a position to tell if the entity that connected with us is indeed the right one we want. Moreover, entities with selfish motives can mimic the actual spirit, and take us for a ride. It is all a mind game, and hence unless we do take appropriate measures on the mind level, it is quite dangerous to initiate the contact. I am not expert, but I have heard that visualizing yourself in a bright white light can help, and also keeping with you some of the religious symbols etc that you believe in. It is about closing your own mind when the wrong entities contact you. Someone with more experience will surely be helpful for you. Good day!

so itīs actually possible...
I guess I should not try to contact him on my own. Maybe someone here could do it...
"That is not deadWhich can eternal lieYet with strange aeonsEven death may die."'(H.P. Lovecraft)

#40 Lacrymosa

Lacrymosa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:digital art, web design, painting, drawing, photography, reading, writing, research, the paranormal, parapsychology, the occult, concerts, bar shows, music (grunge, symphonic metal, hard rock, gothic rock, 80s synthpop.)

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

my problem is, it comes to me naturally, but I am unable to initate it. Contact comes and goes as it wants to. I'd like to be able to make contact when *I* want to.

( blood, brains & rock 'n' roll )

#41 bloopmaster

bloopmaster

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:31 AM

i agree

#42 Amazingmommy

Amazingmommy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:12 PM

I thought I would let everyone know how I communicate with the other side. First, It started a very young age. I first started seeing them then it went away when I was in my middle 30ís. Now 39 itís back.
Iím also a paranormal investigator, but for a living Iím a hypnotist. Two years ago while conducting a weight loss hypnosis session for two ladies in there mid 40ís I had a unexpected guessed. I normally close my eyes as I start to put them into the state. Doing this time I noticed that I was able to pick up energy (if that is the best way to explain it). I was in the middle of the session and I opened my eyes. There standing behind the sofa was a young boy about 18. He was wearing a light beige button down shirt with a tie and khaki pants.
He was transparent and had his arms around the two ladies (whom are also sisters). He faded into the air. I kept talking in my hypnotist face never missing a beat. The whole time Iím thinking ď crap, do I tell them what just happened and who was heĒ Well I decided not to say anything out of fear I would be laughed at. So after the session I was just about to leave when one of the sister started crying. I have had this happen before. It usually happens because they have just have a realization or a spiritual experience of some kind.
I was not ready for what was about to be said. The sister who was crying was thanking me. I told her she did all the work she is ready to move forward with her goals. She said no, Gigi you donít understand. She said she lost her son to a drunk driver last year. Then 2 weeks after his death she found out she had breast cancer. I felt moved to say something. I asked her if I could tell her something I experienced. I explained what happen and described him in detail. She was so happy, I explained he was there to let her know he was ok and she too was going to be fine. She agreed and she felt the same thing. The other sister also felt his presence on the room. The family had taken all his photoís down, because the mother of the young boy was having a very difficult time with his passing. She went to get a photo to show me. Yap, I said that is who I saw. She told me the clothing I saw him in was what he was laid to rest in.
This has not been the only time that I have had this happen it is endless the times it happens. I felt lead to start excepting myself as a go between for the other side. Iím still sharpened my skills and learning not to be afraid. I have seen some pretty scary things, and learning to stay calm is very important. I have most recently discovered that I have a spirit guide. I most recently contacted my spirit guide and in the middle of it the room became full of people wanting to make contact. It felt like a mad sale at Bloomingdales or something like that. Then best way to explain it is there is only one phone on a desert island and itís only working for a period of time and hundreds of people want to use the phone at once. Once strong female voice came in and said thank you we need you. Then it was gone. I was a little shaken and not telling my husband anything I went to sleep on the sofa while he watched TV. The next night I had a image appear to me. I felt they get very frustrated when I do not understand what they are saying. So with all that I have decided to work on my vibrations and trying to hold it to make contact to deliver messages. Has not been easy, I have thought I needed a mentor who has been there done that.
My mother use to tell me it was my imagination, if I ever have children that would not be the case.
Itís important to read the signs, acknowledge and validate these things when they happen. Even acknowledge our loved ones who have passed, because they do listen and the are with us. Not in the physical scene. After loosing my grandfather when I was in the 5th grade, I understood that the hurt we feel is only a physical loss (no longer having that person here physically), but life goes on outside of our human perception.
Thank you for letting me share
Lady_Gigi

Hi,

I am new to this chatroom. I have a problem. I am psychic and I often try to communicate with the dead. I was using a Ouija online just a few hours ago. I was asking about myself, but it started giving me details (sketchy) about a real-life crime. I have two details that might give the police a lead and it could save someone's life, but I don't know if I should attempt contacting the authorities or not.

I don't want to get involved if the board is only playing with me. I don't want to say nothing if I could save somebody.

What should I do, do you think?

Amazingmommy

#43 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:59 AM

I am psychic and I often try to communicate with the dead. I was using a Ouija online just a few hours ago. I was asking about myself, but it started giving me details (sketchy) about a real-life crime. I have two details that might give the police a lead and it could save someone's life, but I don't know if I should attempt contacting the authorities or not.

You could send an anonymous tip letter to the applicable law enforcement agency via snail mail.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#44 Sarmotifan

Sarmotifan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:43 AM

Or use the anonymous tip line.
In magic, anything is possible.You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.Teaching it how to flush is another matter.

The broomsticks are mounted. The ghosts are a-fright. Enchanting takes wing, On All Hallowsí Night.

#45 jenillumine

jenillumine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Of loving heart~ Finding my way thru the unity in the multiverse.<br /><br />Constant student of new idea's and thinking outside the box.<br />Medium in potential~ Good listener/Friend and intuitive.<br />

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:27 PM

Communicating With Spirits!

The best way to communicate is to first ensure your well grounded & centered before opening the door to the spirit world deliberately. Your not always safe and it could result in attachments to you if your not careful. Once your safety is assured just sit in a quiet area of your home, calm your mind with no distractions around you and and direct your focus to whom your trying to communicate.

If your aware of a presence just request that they make contact with you. Spirits can communicate by way of telepathy not just in the form of speaking directly or drawing symbols on the wall. You don't even have to be psychic to communicate or a medium for that medium despite some claims made. You can also request that they manifest into the physical right before you and depending on the energy available to them they just might.

One must also remember to never invite a spirit to stay with you or in your home. Once the message(s) are delivered upon communication it might be wise to request that they move on. It's not good for the spirt (either spiritually, emotionally, or mentally) to take up house in your home. Your also the main source of energy which is life to them...So if chaos starts to happen in your homelife for no apparent reason you will know who is feeding off of all that energy your creating!

Namaste

Ty for this post. :D

I totally agree with your suggestions here.
And we must use discernment at all times.
Making sure not to invite those into our lives
unknowingly.

You can open doors/portals very easily and leave
them open. Allowing whomever to come and go freely.

For me, i get impressions when I calm/quiet my mind
and listen to ambient music.
Love and Light~
Jennifer
Posted Image"Better to ~illuminate~ than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate." -Saint Thomas Aquinas

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users