Places of foreboding

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 spider_rob

spider_rob

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, legends and folklore, history, reading, PS2 and Wii

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

You ever enter a building and have the horrible sensation to leave right away? I get that way around certain places i have gone to. Some places i had to go to often growing up. My step-fathers parents house, the back room of a store that i worked at from time to time, and even my old churches rectory! None of these places held any bad memories of events. It was just from the moment i walked in i felt the urge to run like h$ll out of there. I, of course, never did! The worst feeling of it, believe it or not, was at my churrches rectory! I served as an alter boy and loved it dearly. I always felt close to God and the monseigner there was the most kind hearted man i have ever met. I went there to help him decorate for Christmas and help spring clean a few times. Just thinking about the feeling still creeps me out to no end!

Anyone ever have this happened to them?

spider-rob :)
I'll Kill you and the NIGHT!! -Leon Belmont

#2 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:06 AM

Yes, many, many times. But I don't let it bother me. Usually this is my way of knowing that there is something "not so nice" there in most cases. And sometimes it is also my way of knowing that something is fixing to happen to me that is not financially/emotionally/physically good that has to deal with that location or someone in that location.
Posted Image

#3 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

That's happened to me several times most of the time I ignore it and go ahead with what ever I'm doing but then sometimes especially if I'm on an investigation, the feeling is so strong it can't be ignored. That is when you really should beat it, Cause more than likely it's a warning.

#4 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:15 PM

Yes, I have experienced that feeling of foreboding in different places on numerous occasions.... I believe it is a warning.... but also, I believe that it can be one of the tell tale signs of a dmonic presence..... depending on the situation, of cours.....

I also receive intense feelings of foreboding when certain tragic events are about to take place, like untimely deaths.... it really bothers me and I feel a helplessness about the situation.... I choose to pray for the individual/s involved, as it is the only logical thing for me to do, especially when no other information is picked up from the situation..... If I do pick up on other info, I alert those whom appear to be involved........

peace...
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#5 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:07 PM

Hi

Being a sensitive you do get those feelings, however, I wouldnt say I needed to run away, its just that you can generally pick up the feeling of the place whether good, bad or indifferent.

Mark :)

#6 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

I get that all the time. I usually interpret it on the energy that is in the place. I think places hold on to memories of what happened there. So if you are sensitive, then you will pick up the stronger memories a place holds. It makes sense that you would get a bad feeling a certain parts of a church, especially given what happened to so many young boys in churches. Also many times when people go to church it is to pray when thing are not going well in their lives, so those memories and feelings are absored into the room.

It can also be recent events too. Like you walk into a room full of people and immediately get a vibe of happiness, anxiety, pain, fear, etc. Or you walk into an empty room that was just occupied and the feelings of what happened are still lingering.

As Mark said, you don't have to run out of a room, nothing will hurt you. You're just one of the lucky who can pick up the feelings. Do you work on developing these abilities Spider Rob?
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#7 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:13 AM

Mostly I enjoy the sensation of the connection that the history of a place emits. Whether there is a sense of some thing beyond my current comprehension or not, the form of times gone is appealing to me. There have been places, both old and new however, where I have had that feeling. Anxious, hopeless, dreadful. I get that often though in very new, very symetrical structures. The structures feel empty to me. Lonely. Void of form and energy. Lacking presence. Cold and stark. The form just doesn't agree with me. There is no such form as these in nature. Only man made. A conflict is the best description I come up with in a flash. For the most part I prefer a structure of art. a structure deep in tones, dimensions, color, and lines moving in many directions of curvature and symetry. Stark lines and stark light are offensive to me.

#8 ryan002

ryan002

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:28 AM

I get those feelings that I have to leave many times, but since I am a psychic I also pick up on many other things and it can be hard on me
Ryan"If the Dead can't rest in peace, how on Earth can the living?"

#9 spider_rob

spider_rob

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, legends and folklore, history, reading, PS2 and Wii

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:10 AM

All this feed back is great! I have never ran from a place before. Personally, it bothers me not scare me enough to leave. I would like to try to develop these feelings into a better sense of what is happeing. I have not been in a place like that in years.

-spider_rob :wave:
I'll Kill you and the NIGHT!! -Leon Belmont

#10 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:00 AM

I think places hold on to memories of what happened there. So if you are sensitive, then you will pick up the stronger memories a place holds.

I agree completely. I don't really believe myself to be sensitive, but I discovered this surprising (to me, anyway) feature in some locations about four and a half years ago when I was looking at buying my first house. I looked at several houses a day and I would walk into each one and just "feel" what kind of memories were made there. That's really the only way I can think of to explain it. Some places just feel empty to me, but I will say that there was one house in particular that I did NOT buy, simply because of the feel of the house. I also do a lot of bargain hunting at garage and estate sales...and I've felt some weird things at some of those as well.

(And all this coming from a skeptic! If I say it, you know that I gotta believe it! :clap: )

Edited by AnnieV, 11 February 2008 - 10:01 AM.

Posted Image

#11 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:49 AM

I've had that feeling many times. The one that really sticks in my mind is the cellar at the Farnsworth house in Gettysburg PA. There was major bad JUJU coming from behind the door to (what they call) the catacombs.

Then, there was the Howard St. Cemetery in Salem Mass. I've talked about that place many times on GV.

Tinker's Creek Cemetery in Valley View OH is another one. This is a place I entered knowing absolutely nothing about the history, and the feeling in there was overwhelming. And I had about 6 people with me that will agree.

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 13 February 2008 - 05:53 AM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#12 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

Oh yes! lol! My friends and I went to a local cemetary one night because of the legend that surrounds it. As soon as we stepped onto the property, I immediately got the feeling that "something" there was not happy with our presence. I've been to quite a few cemetaries, and none have given me the feeling that one did. It was pretty overwhelming. I felt as if I was being surrounded and watch by something...and I had a very strong feeling that it wasn't just "one". I didn't freak out, I just suggested that we leave after about 15 minutes. Ultimately, I just think that they wanted to be left alone. Everyone locally had heard rumors and whatnot about the cemetary and a lot of kids and teenagers would vandalize the property. This has been about 13 or 14 years ago. I drove by there about a year ago and noticed the church has finally gated everything thing and keep it locked unless in service.

Edited by Cynthia_TN, 12 February 2008 - 12:32 PM.

Posted Image

#13 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:19 PM

I wish I had some sort of the sensitivity you folks have :) . Any beginner's exercises I can do to bring out this 'talent'?

Whatever

#14 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:15 PM

I wish I had some sort of the sensitivity you folks have :P . Any beginner's exercises I can do to bring out this 'talent'?

Hey Axlfoley!!.... a feeling of foreboding is just an awareness or heightened instinct.... I believe, personally, that most of us are capable of being "sensitive"(though I dislike using this word because it has been so generalized) to our environment and tuning in on that which is not yet completely defined or understood..... but in order to do so, a person has to detach from what is concrete and take a "leap of faith" (because it's kind of scary at first) to identify an instinctual inclination that comes from within.... most people brush it off and try to follow logic, solely, and get to a point they don't recognize the butterflies (or knots) in their stomach or a little voice of direction..... meditation is a good way to help clear ones head, detach from the concrete and get in touch with the more spiritual aspects of life.... and, my personal view point is prayer and meditation to be exact....

I hope this helps, hunny.... there are many others out there wondering the same thing... I have been working with a young lady who is also on the GV board and who once stated nearly exactly what you have here..... she is beginning to be more aware and has recently experienced that feeling of foreboding..... and dealt with it accordingly.... :)

peace....
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#15 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:51 PM

Testament to there being a little bit of sensitive in all of us: We have a "villiage" locally made up of homes from different eras and locations. They are real homes that have been moved, and are decorated and functioning as they did in their time. One of the homes came with the former owner as a bonus. Whomever it is doesnt particularly care for their house being part of a museum. It is always empty. People stick their head in, say theres nothing to see here, and leave.
There is nothing left to say.Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users