• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 wsteed04

wsteed04

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Psychology and the Paranormal

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

Greetings to all, as I am new to your site. This might end up being a long post and if so, I sincerely apolgize for being long winded. My question is this: Can one develope sensitivity later in life?
I am 48 years old and am starting to catch glimpses of things out of the corner of my eye. Movement, light, things of that nature and have the sense that I am being watched at times, especially at night. I was in the kitchen one night and had the feeling that I was being watched from outside. So strong in fact that I walked outside and looked around to see if anyone was out there. Couldnt find a sign of anyone being out there. Another day, I thought I saw someone walk by the front room window on the porch. Waited for a moment to see if anyone would come to the door or pass by on the street but no one did. Walked outside again and looked around but found no one.
I have always had a sense of things, I guess, to some degree. My Grandmother, who raised me, passed away when I was 10 and I remember sitting in class experiencing the overwhelming feeling of her having passed away. My Grandfather came for me an hour later with the news of her passing.
In addition to that, I was at work one day when I got very very sick at around 1030 in the morning and had to go home. I had just made it home and sat down when I got the call that my daughter had been killed in a car wreck at about 1030 that morning. Nine days before her 17th birthday. Things like that I have always been aware of and accepted them as mearly being a very strong bond and attachment to that person, but I have never started seeing or catching glimpses of movement before.
Thought it might be a problem with my eyes so I had them checked but they are fine. I have been unemployed for a time now due to back problems and was worried about keeping my mind active since I really dont have much to do all day except take care of my two boys when they are not in school and my 2 yr old twin girls, so I started meditating and trying to expand and exercise my mind thru reading and puzzles. I dont really think that anything is mentally wrong so I quite truthfully dont know what to make of it. Anyone with any ideas? Can you start developing sesitivity later in life or am I just going stir crazy?
"An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."Charles Dickens

#2 J.E. Seanachaí

J.E. Seanachaí

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy writing, gardening, and, of course, sharing ghost stories.

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

I suppose you can explain the objects in your peripheral vision as a nuance of aging eyes. As we grow older, our eyes can become more sensitive. My cousin [who is spiritually gifted] sees objects that look like tissues floating in her peripheral vision, but she does not believe that the phenomena is connected in any way to her spiritual ability. If I become tired [I am gifted but to a lesser degree], I see flashing lights. See this article at The Eye Digest.

As for the sensations you have felt before the deaths of family members [I'm so sorry to hear about their passing], I don't think that can be explained away as easily. Can we foretell future events before their happening? I don't know. I believe that all the events in our lives have already transpired and we're the actors in a director's castoff play. Having said that, I do believe that we can have glimpses or "previews" of what is to come. Why do I believe this? I, too, have had premonitions of family members' deaths. Yes, they were terminally ill at the time, but they did indeed die shortly thereafter.
J.E. SeanachaíAuthor of the ghostly book, Haunted Voices from My Past: True Narratives of an Ohio Family

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:31 AM

Welcome to GhostVillage.

I see that you have started the same topic in the Spirit Communications board so I am closing this down.

Active Topic here
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users