109 replies to this topic

#1 Stacked

Stacked

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:21 AM

Hi,

Now I have yet to be able to watch a full episode of "Ghost Hunters", so perhaps I am not giving the show a chance (my sister, "Loves it")...but...hmm, sometimes it just to much "realtiy TV" (at least early on)...Great name tho!

I don't question their sincerity...but sometimes their technique. Now, I am no Ghost Hunter...but sometimes, it is almost as if some of the team...well...doesn't get it!

What do you think?

"Stacked"

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,555 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:19 AM

I think their technique is just fine. I know they have newer team members that are still in training....that might be who you are seeing.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 Robert Hawkins

Robert Hawkins

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:22 AM

I personally like the TAPS team very much. and I do not question their sincerity in the least. One thing you have to remember, it is a TV show. The Sci-Fi network still has to try and "sell" the show. Can the drama and all get frustrating? of course it can. But when watching the show, you have to look past that, and look at it for its initial purpose, show a wonderful investigation team at work.

#4 cheercoach05

cheercoach05

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:cheerleading, the supernatural, spending time with my family

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:45 AM

I have to agree with you guys. TAPS seems very knowledgable to me. And it's true, Sci-Fi is making a show, so they have to make it interesting. So keep in mind that the way Sci-Fi edits each show is the way they want you to see it, with the distracting music and sound effects and all that crap. Plus, they take an investigation that's hours and hours, and whittle it down to usually a 30 minute spot, which includes about 15 minutes of actual investigation footage. To me, Grant and especially Jason, seem like "no nonsense" kinds of guys. I appreciate that about them because they are not willing to chalk something up to "supernatural" just because they can't explain it in the first two seconds. There's been so many times when something really cool happens, and after a few minutes they "debunk" it, or figure out exactly what the noise was. I personally don't think Jason and Grant are putting on any kind of show for the cameras. I think they do exactly what they would normally do, and just let Sci-Fi do what they gotta do with the footage. But it's a GREAT show and definitely worth giving a chance! :clap:
"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!" - The Cowardly Lion

#5 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:53 AM

Well, as far as I am concerned they are unprofessional and have the wrong attitude for paranormal investigation.

There was an episode this past season where Brian took a camera and used duct tape over it and stuck it to an anitique table in someone's home. Our cameras of this nature are all on tripods, we don't have to wreck furniture or prop them up or tape them to things, we set them up and let them roll. We are even able to set them up on a staircase. In the first season, the rest of the team is investigating while Jason is out fishing. Very unprofessional to say the least. That says that he doesn't care about the client or the reason they are there.

They only use digital equipment. That is no good at all since digital has so many problems it isn't viable evidence. That is all I am going to say in here, if you want to know more visit our site.

They go in with the attitude to debunk everything. That is totally wrong. John Zaffis said it best; "if you are trying to debunk everything you will". You can't go into it trying to prove everything either because the same applies. N.M.P.I. goes in neutral and lets the evidence speak for itself. The evidence will tell us if it is haunted or not.

In my opinion they got lucky and got a show...that's cool...good for them. My group would never conduct business like they do. I am probably the only one here that feels this way but that is just my opinion.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Robert Hawkins

Robert Hawkins

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:28 AM

They only use digital equipment. That is no good at all since digital has so many problems it isn't viable evidence. That is all I am going to say in here, if you want to know more visit our site.

We all know your biased opinion on digital equipment. But, just because you are so biased against it, doesnt mean everyone is. I could get into a debate when it comes to digital equipment based on your groups thoughts and opinions.. but, i am not going to do this. but, i can say that just because you discredit it, dont mean you should discredit ones that do use it.

#7 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:42 AM

We all know your biased opinion on digital equipment. But, just because you are so biased against it, doesnt mean everyone is. I could get into a debate when it comes to digital equipment based on your groups thoughts and opinions.. but, i am not going to do this. but, i can say that just because you discredit it, dont mean you should discredit ones that do use it.

This is not the forum for that debate for sure and I appreciate you keeping this thread on track. I am just giving my opinion based on many years of experience and I am not asking everyone to discredit it, I do for very good reason and like I said, that is my opinion based on those years.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:24 AM

Yup, this forum is specifically for discussing various paranormal media (books, tv, movies, websites), and this exact thread is for expressing your personal opinions on the TAPS show and website. Which krcguns has done, just like everyone else.

If you wish to debate/discuss the pros and cons of investigating with digital equipment, please do so in the appropriate forum and do not derail this thread.

Back On Topic...I have never seen the TAPS show, as I don't think it's been aired up here in Canada....or if it has I don't know the channel/time/day.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#9 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:36 PM

First things first, Yes, they got lucky on having there own tv show. Would'nt we all want to be in their shoes? I know darn well I would. Brian is Brian. He just makes me laugh when he conducts an investigation. He just loves to run!!!! And a agree with Krc on his little taping job of the camera. Hello? Ever try a try pod? If I am not mistaken, did'nt he tape one to a window and later it fell off? Jason and Grant go in as skeptics. You have too!! I think maybe they go a little to far as trying to debunk certain things that they captured. For instance, on the episode where that caught the app on the locker. You can clearly see what they captured. For Gods sake, the man was wearing a cap and uniform.( they were using a $3,000 infared video camera) And they still tried to debunk it. The show has its pros and cons. Thats all. No commet on the digital thing, its not worth mentioning here. They hit it big! Oh one more thing, I think Steve and Paula work the best. Besides Jason and Grant, the two seem to know what they are doing. Brian? Who is he? Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#10 FLJeepTJ

FLJeepTJ

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, fishing, NASCAR, Hockey, looking for single women. LOL!

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:16 PM

I personally enjoy the show. I think that all being said, they do a far better job of investigating than 90% of the folks I've seen out there running around snapping photos hoping to catch an ORB and then claim they got a picture of something paranormal. Are Jason and Grant too skeptical? Maybe for people that truly think that ghosts exist. But why try and convince people who are already convinced? Ghost Hunters is in my opinion a much more credible show than Most Haunted ever will be. But I have to admit I love watching Most Haunted.... It is a fun show.
When my ship comes in, I'll probably be at the airport....

#11 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:16 PM

I like the T.A.P.S. guys and I think the "Ghost Hunter" show is great. :Spaz:

#12 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

I forgot to mention this, Don't you just love those brand new SRV's that they are driving? Life is good and they are doing what they love to do! oh, and the equipment too! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#13 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:38 PM

First things first, Yes, they got lucky on having there own tv show. Would'nt we all want to be in their shoes? I know darn well I would.

Personally, I wouldn't want my own show. To me that's not what ghost research is about. I'm not saying that the people on the show "Ghost Hunters" are doing anything wrong, I'm just saying that I wouldn't want my own show. Personally, I think it would be a hindrance to Grim Undertakings. Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to own all of the gear, spend all of my time researching, and going to all of those great haunted locations....but that's why I buy lottery tickets! :lol: :hug:

#14 Banned

Banned

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:20 PM

the show is ok. the only thing that is corny is that no matter what house they go to (even the one where grant got burned on his back) they say "we're her to help!" but then at the end of the show all they say is "yeah you got a ghost but everyone is safe, gotta go, bye!" i would be like "well yeah of course" you could tell that hester from the myrtles felt that way too.

well and its lame when jason flatters himself into thinkin that his saying something is haunted in like god came down and said it. lol.

Edited by Vampchick21, 15 June 2006 - 07:49 PM.

#15 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:59 PM

First things first, Yes, they got lucky on having there own tv show. Would'nt we all want to be in their shoes? I know darn well I would.

Personally, I wouldn't want my own show. To me that's not what ghost research is about. I'm not saying that the people on the show "Ghost Hunters" are doing anything wrong, I'm just saying that I wouldn't want my own show. Personally, I think it would be a hindrance to Grim Undertakings. Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to own all of the gear, spend all of my time researching, and going to all of those great haunted locations....but that's why I buy lottery tickets! :blush: :hug:

Yea, I think you are right. I bet there is alot of work that involves the show. I am already stressed out enough. I am just happy doing investigations with Julie and the spirits that follow us!! LOL They can have it! I would rather spend time with my kids! Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users