Thoughts on TAPS

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#76 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:38 PM

Ok, let's try to express our thoughts on this particular show without degenerating into outright insults to members of that show.

Thanks.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#77 heavenlee

heavenlee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:51 PM

Ok, I m wondering if we are watching the same show. I was watching the best of taps on my ipod comming home from mexico. Yes the were goofing off but, if the werent it would of been boring..They were showing the top ten most exciting moments. Most of the moments is where they debunked what findings they had. They showed how they were pulled off. i dont think it is nice to call people names, unless you know them personally and the names fit! JMO~Hlee
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#78 retnuh76

retnuh76

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:03 PM

I thought last nights episode of TAPS where they reviewed all that happened at the Stanley Hotel was excellent. First though, I gotta give my opinion of the glass breaking. I dvr'd that part of the show, as on last night's show they showed the replay of that incident. I have to disagree with the previous post claiming you hear the piece of glass fall on the table then the glass break. The sound in the room was not good to start with, combined with the fact that the TV was on, and I replayed it over and over and I cannot determine which happened first. To claim that its for sure that you hear the piece of glass fall then hear it break is wrong. The sound quality is not good enough to make this determination, plus there is quite a bit of background sounds, like clicking, going on so in my opinion something happened in that room and it was crazy. As for last nights show, that hotel is nuts!! There was sooo much action going on, I have to visit it soon. The little girls voice they heard in the basement was one of the spookiest things I've ever heard. So many shows end with little activity, so its good to see them go to a place thats truly haunted.

#79 flower

flower

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:31 PM

I also was watching TAPS's last night. They seemed to have a new face or two on the show. I really liked what I saw. There was no bad vibes amongest themselves and the show was all about their investigation. I didn't find anything I watched boring. When we do our investigations I find them far from boring. Like the investigators on TAPS's you are to busy looking and senseing as to what is going on around you. You are also waiting for some visuals and voices to be heard....waiting for something to make you go WOW. When I am sensing something going on during an investigation I can't wait to go and listen to the EVP's and look at pictures that we have collected. I use this to back up my "feeling" as to what was going on around me during the investigation. GOOD JOB TO TAPS!! Loved the shows I watched last night!!

Edited by flower, 09 November 2006 - 04:32 PM.

#80 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:52 PM

I loved the EVPs of the voice down in the basement. It was so clear. Unfortunately too many of their findings are things that happen when the camera is not on that particular spot. I think I trust them for the most part, though. I think this season is much better than last season.
petunia4998

#81 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:38 PM

What about Steve missing the book being picked up off the blanket on the bed & thinking it was a face? Any thoughts on that?
It's just Becca Posted Image

#82 Apri1

Apri1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:swimming, reading, writing, learning languages at a very slow pace because i'm stupid, video games, movies, music, spooky paranormal stuff

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:17 PM

It stems from the stupid girl they have doing their research, if you look at the girls on the show their either really stupid or just total BAD_WORDes. I wonder what their wives think about them spending so much time with these females.I wouldn't have it . I guess that just me , but if my ol' man had a hit show my BAD_WORD would be doing some investigating with him. I'd be all about some ghost hunting!! :Spaz:

I don't understand the problem of men working with girls. It's not the stone age. It happens every day. I find this post to be really weird actually. If you dont want your husband working with girls then maybe he should never go outside .......... eh ....

Anyway I love this show and the entire cast. I dont think they bicker or fight. They have silly cute discussions sometimes. I think you guys dont watch a lot of reality tv. Watch some then you'll know what horrible fighting is and this show will look like Mr. Rogers neighborhood ^ ^

Also these guys do not summon up ghosts. they cant help it if a ghost shows up or does not show up. dont yell at them for a ghost not showing up on a certain episode.

oh and now i love watching those ghost shows with stuck up scientists who say that people who beleive in ghosts are all too hyper and there are other explinations ... well taps says that there are AND proves those explinations are not the thing bothering people. i love it! i want to yell "IN YOUR FACE, JERKS!" at those guys who think that people who've seen ghosts are just imaginign things. of course there are people like that but its not all people.

Edited by Apri1, 09 November 2006 - 07:22 PM.

#83 squirrelgardens

squirrelgardens

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak to spooky destinations.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:12 AM

Nice to see the Northern Minnesota people like myself speak their mind.

I watch TAPS and have a love hate for the show. However, all I want to say is I wish they would showcase the locations more. More history and layouts of the locations instead of the dysfunctional relationships.

Just my 2 cents worth. But come on folks some of us just want to know about the locations. TAPS is going to get contacted for some of the good ones.

PS> It takes a lot of guts to say something negative about TAPS. It is like a cult.

Edited by squirrelgardens, 10 November 2006 - 07:12 AM.

Mother of three fur babies. Lover of all wildlife.

#84 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:48 AM

Going in with the goal of debunking it is the ONLY way to prove if there is a haunting or not. Thats my biggest problem with shows such as Worlds Scariest Places and Most Haunted. They assume the place is haunted, and make no attempt to explain things logically. TAPS rules becasue like the show often shows, many times supernatural activity can be explained. I'm not doubting the paranormal, I've seen quite a bit of stuff and have actually been woken up by a ghost, but letting the eveidence speak for itself is not the way to go. What if your evidence can be explained by logic or science? Why not prove it?? Sorry, but for my money you can't beat TAPS. The way they do it, when they declare a place haunted you really believe it. All the other shows I have major questions when I watch them. I will check out your site and see what your group is all about.

I think that debunking is a two part thing and perhaps that is where confusion lies. When you are in an investigation and a door slams for instance, you try to debunk it and find out what mundane reasons there are for it to have slammed. Most of the time this is just a personal experience and not proof of the paranormal anyway. What I am referring to is going into the evidence with the attitude of debunking. If you are not neutral during the process of looking at evidence you can debunk everything and anything with any excuse that sometimes is way more far fetched than the existance of ghosts. You have to let your evidnence speak for itself...of course when you find an anomaly in your evidence you must try to find out if there is a logical reason for the anomaly from a mundane cause. If not, it falls under paranormal. If you look at your evidence only to debunk, you are not giving it a fair evaluation as your opinion is already formed when you sit down to take a look.

Myself and someone else is making a pitch to NBC very soon for a show of this style but without all of the drama (referring to the personal issues) but it isn't about just famous haunts that we have seen a million and one times but with real people, real investigations professionally conducted and with real help for the people if they wish it. It would appeal to the novice investigator as well as the seasoned one.

Edited by krcguns, 10 November 2006 - 09:50 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#85 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:12 AM

Going in with the goal of debunking it is the ONLY way to prove if there is a haunting or not. Thats my biggest problem with shows such as Worlds Scariest Places and Most Haunted. They assume the place is haunted, and make no attempt to explain things logically. TAPS rules becasue like the show often shows, many times supernatural activity can be explained. I'm not doubting the paranormal, I've seen quite a bit of stuff and have actually been woken up by a ghost, but letting the eveidence speak for itself is not the way to go. What if your evidence can be explained by logic or science? Why not prove it?? Sorry, but for my money you can't beat TAPS. The way they do it, when they declare a place haunted you really believe it. All the other shows I have major questions when I watch them. I will check out your site and see what your group is all about.

Myself and someone else is making a pitch to NBC very soon for a show of this style but without all of the drama (referring to the personal issues) but it isn't about just famous haunts that we have seen a million and one times but with real people, real investigations professionally conducted and with real help for the people if they wish it. It would appeal to the novice investigator as well as the seasoned one.

Krc..that's great about trying to start a show!!!! I hope NBC picks it up for you guys as I'm a big watcher of NBC!!! Good luck Krc & keep us posted on how things go!!! :clap:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#86 dan_nwmps

dan_nwmps

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:07 PM

I wonder what their wives think about them spending so much time with these females

I would hope thier wives like mine would have enough trust in me knowing we are profesionals in the field.

Personaly I am sick of hearing about TAPS this is beating a dead horse its the same points you would read 3 seasons ago when it started.
Everyone has thier own methods and not all of them we agree with.. I have visited alot of sites of groups that make people in this field look WAY worse then taps does.
"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."Lord Thomas DewarPosted Image

#87 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:22 PM

I wonder what their wives think about them spending so much time with these females

I would hope thier wives like mine would have enough trust in me knowing we are profesionals in the field.

Personaly I am sick of hearing about TAPS this is beating a dead horse its the same points you would read 3 seasons ago when it started.
Everyone has thier own methods and not all of them we agree with.. I have visited alot of sites of groups that make people in this field look WAY worse then taps does.

If my husband or boyfriend were into investigating the paranormal, and worked around females...I think trust would have to be the foundation of any relationship. If there's no trust, then there's nothing...in my opinion. I'd be excited for him...and couldn't wait to hear what he had found!!! Not that there wouldn't be times I'd be rightt by his side- I love to investigate!!! :hug:

I too, have come across many sights that are just horrible when it comes to proof of the paranormal. I guess that why I love GV because people ask questions, they want to eliminate everything. And it's ok to not believe everything posted. I've seen sights where dusties seem to rule their kingdom! LOL!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#88 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:24 PM

I did find the last show very interesting. When Grant and Jason in the basement hearing the voice of a girl. Same thing happened to Dave and I at Morely after we had asked to be locked in by security. We were in the basement taking recordings and asking questions when a loud, disgruntle, male voice yelled "Get OUT" form the stairway above us. We caught that to on recording, but on playback it came out as a loud whisper Get OUT, not as intense as what we heard with our ears....or as clear as TAPS had their EVP play out. I can't imagine how much energy that spirit had to produce that. We were left just as stunned as they were. Very neat to see how intelligent hauntings interact. I understand that they are followed by a camera man, but I really would like to see more of their video evidence, spiritography, and hear more evp. I see them using the emf and recorders, but even with temp. drops they are not taking pictures or even reading off their emf on camera...why? I would like to see them research the history more, just not go by the rumors of the hauntings from the locals and do more than shine a flash light in an area that they hear and sense activity. I did see that Jason and Grant are the producers of the show....so how much say do they have over their own show? I do like to see the different techniques that they use, but if I had all that expensive equipment you better believe I would be putting it to use. Good Luck on pitching the show Brian, hope it works out for you! Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#89 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:36 AM

What about Steve missing the book being picked up off the blanket on the bed & thinking it was a face? Any thoughts on that?

I had to laugh at that one. When he told Jason and Grant that the face was there a good 1 1/2 hours, I said to myself, here comes a good laugh. I was right! Poor Steve. Didn't he play the whole tape? He would of saw that if he did. Oh well, the laugh was on him! Dave
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#90 RON3002

RON3002

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:52 AM

Yes good luck Brian on getting NBC to pick up your show.
RON

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users