• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#91 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:05 PM

I enjoyed the live Stanley Hotel investigation, but I am not entirely convinced about the voice in the basement. I used to have a cat who meowed a lot like that. If you'll notice, there was no "h" sound at the beginning of the "hello", either. What they interpreted as creepy laughter also didn't sound like laughter to me at all. Going by the cat theory, cats sometimes make a freaky chattering noise when they see insects. Again, that's what it sounded more like to me.

#92 matt32

matt32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:47 PM

after watching the show on several occasion it seems they do try to be honest.. however the time spent on each area is way to little and doing one day spot inspections is just half as work.

if they want to give a better show i believe time elapsed with days showing the paranormal activity would give more in depth analysis of the area they investigate..

second i feel this for some time that the methods used to detect paranormal activity are outdated!!! with that said who will be the one to come up with something new?

last thing to say is to bad some good threads started some time back died and no feedback was given to some idea evad or dave if your out there what happen? with your dry ice?

peace matt32

#93 jleach70

jleach70

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:44 PM

I enjoyed the live Stanley Hotel investigation, but I am not entirely convinced about the voice in the basement. I used to have a cat who meowed a lot like that. If you'll notice, there was no "h" sound at the beginning of the "hello", either. What they interpreted as creepy laughter also didn't sound like laughter to me at all. Going by the cat theory, cats sometimes make a freaky chattering noise when they see insects. Again, that's what it sounded more like to me.

When I was watching it with my kids, first thing I said was "sounds like a cat". I've got two cats and they can make all kinds of weird sounds. It's pretty common to to hear cats that sound like babies crying and stuff like that.

#94 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:07 PM

I just feel that any group that spends about 4 hours investigating and making a tv show on proof is it little silly. I just feel people have investigating must spend much more time in a location to see if its really haunted

JMHO!!!

#95 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:02 PM

What about Steve missing the book being picked up off the blanket on the bed & thinking it was a face? Any thoughts on that?

I had to laugh at that one. When he told Jason and Grant that the face was there a good 1 1/2 hours, I said to myself, here comes a good laugh. I was right! Poor Steve. Didn't he play the whole tape? He would of saw that if he did. Oh well, the laugh was on him! Dave

I agree Dave. It just makes me think that they are a little careless when it comes to going over the evidence. Why would he take that chance on tv? It also makes me doubt the entire show when they show something like that. They are always showing them clowning around, eating, drifting off to sleep & many other things when they are going over it so how are we supposed to really believe that they are for real?
It's just Becca Posted Image

#96 retnuh76

retnuh76

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:49 PM

4 hours?? Are you serious?? TAPS puts this argument for rest every show. They always either show what time it is or usually show how many hours they are into the investigation for each clip. Most of the investigations are 6-8 or more hours long. With the Stanley Hotel, that could have been a cat but then it makes several different weird noises, so its tough to say. I have several friends with cats and have never heard that laughing sound from them. The last episode in Ireland was alright, but again with the spooky evp's. Man those are creepy.

#97 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:51 PM

They spent 3 hours investigating the Lizzie Borden house and about 4 hours talking with some of the new owners. but lets say 10 hours... I don't think you can spend 10 hours in one day and saying we belive this place may or may not be haunted. I feel that more time is needed. at least 3 days to really get a feel for the plase. it just all seems like its rushed to me.

JMHO

#98 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:00 AM

In my opinion it isn't just the amount of time spent at a location. Let's say you are there for an hour even and capture 10 decent EVP, have personal experience and a couple of photographs and a video of an apparition. Do you need to spend another 2 days to make a determination? It is very difficult to spend days and days at a single location. I know that our team can't do that. We don't have that luxury and the people that own the place don't want to give up their home to this invasion for days either. If it is a place like the William A. Irvin that we investigated, they had to hire staff to be on board with us and they can't afford to pay the staff for several nights in a row to babysit a group. Granted, it is a tough thing but I don't see how people have the luxury to investigate over and over at a location unless it is a personal friend or someone from the group doing a long study. The best you can do is give it the time you can and go from there. That is why if we don't find any evidence and can't get back we don't tell them that a place is not haunted but rather that we didn't capture anything in the time we spent there. Just my 2 cents worth.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#99 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:35 AM

I think they should have spent a little more time at that bed and breakfast where they have seen the monk. The girl was clearly dissapointed. I'm not saying they had something there but maybe if they spent a little more time it would have convinced me.

#100 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:48 PM

Look at the bulletin that I got on my Myspace page today.

TAPS members Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson had such a blast meeting so many of you at the Stanley Paranormal Retreat a few weeks ago they couldnt wait to join us on The Queen Mary Jan 14-17th for a live investigation of the famous haunted ship.

The line-up is amazing
Jason Hawes, Grant Wilson, Donna LaCroix and Lisa Dowaliby from the TV show Ghost Hunters.

Paranormal Investigator from Court TV's Haunting Evidence, Patrick Burns.

Psychic/Sensitive from the Biography Channel's Dead Famous, Chris Fleming.

World reknowned psychic medium Peter James as seen on over 40 episodes of TV's SIGHTINGS!

Dave Schrader and Tim Dennis, hosts of the paranormal radio show, The Darkness on the Edge of Town / DarknessRadio.com!

The entertaining Russ Clarke and his Comedy Hypnosis show and more!

For all the information and to join this historic event and to get your tickets go to : http://www.darknessr....com/queenmary/

HURRY TICKETS ARE MOVING FAST!

Darkness Radio is proud to present these amazing paranormal retreats. Be a part of history and join along with the celebrity ghost hunters and people just like YOU that share an interest in the paranormal!

One small ticket price gets you into all the events for 2 days and 3 Nights!

http://www.darknessradio.com/queenmar

Sounds like it could be really fun....wish I lived closer!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#101 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:05 PM

that sounds like a blast! wish i could be there. Anyone know when the show premiers this season???????????????
Posted Image

#102 melodious

melodious

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:43 PM

I am personally a big fan of the show, but that's not to say I don't have a few things that bother me. I really don't need any RotoRooter footage, and beyond that, I could live without the drama with Brian. They really work that angle pretty hard ( I assume for the people who love a little drama in their paranormal). But the thing that bothers me the most is when they hear or see something and start running towards it. Voila, it's gone. You'd think at some point they would try a different approach. I'm more of a lay back and just listen kind of person. Let it do it's thing. Just be quiet and listen at times and maybe if you don't rush towards it, it will put on a good show for you. On a good note though, I definately appreciate the work they are doing and look forward to a new season.

#103 Roxie Z

Roxie Z

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:11 AM

My favorite episode was in the very old haunted castle.... The eccentric guy who owns it seemed to be quite a study himself! All in all my opinion is that I do like to watch the show, but I often find it anti-climatic.

My 2 cents...
Bestselling Local Author & Proprietor of New England Curiosities Tours & Events. Experience local legends, lore and mystery. New England CuriositiesPosted Image

#104 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:29 AM

the one at the stanly hotel was cool, the second time they went, I was not allowed (or able) to stay up for it.

The show is pretty cool, though I take first person envestigations over anything (you know, the ones where you are a part of the envestigation.)

#105 Magrathea82

Magrathea82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, ghost hunting

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:22 AM

The founder of the ghost group i joined was at Waverly when TAPS went up there. Honestly, I thought that place was kinda creepy.
When life throws you a fast one, either duck or catch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users