• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 hoppip

hoppip

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:21 PM

I had this really strange dream last night. I dreamt that I was speaking Italian and I could understand it. I dont know what this dream means but it was certainly strange. I could hear and I remember the voices <_< . Anyone have any comments on this?? :blink: Oh, and I dont know how to speak Italian.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,206 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:06 PM

Mel, there are more things unexplained, than we know!

B)

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#3 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 11:07 PM

I once had a dream that I spoke fluent Hebrew.

But it is just a dream.

When you woke up, you couldn't remember the exact words that were spoken, right?

Dreams are funny that way.
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#4 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 12:32 AM

I think it could be one of two things: one, you were dreaming of a past life when you spoke Italian, or, being in the astral plane, you may have been talking to a spirit guide who speaks Italian.
petunia4998

#5 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:12 AM

While dreaming, Petunia? Really?

I must admit I am curious.

Is it your position that we can traverse the astral plane in our dreams?

If so, when we wake up, how can we tell the difference between a regular dream about showing up for class naked and, oh, say, an "other worldly" trip?

What is your criteria?
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#6 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:53 AM

I'm sure everyone (or just about) knows of when I encountered a brown lad in a dream. He was speaking some language I couldn't understand. Upon waking, I wrote down the phonetic spelling of what he told me. Over a year later I met him in real life half way round the world. By that time, I recognized his language as Portuguese and spoke it nearly fluently. This kid also dreamt of me before our encounter in the physical realm and couldn't understand my English.

He was searching for a life path, and I was a missionary. After teaching him for a few weeks, I baptized him (my first real baptism).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#7 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:40 PM

Camille, we always travel astrally when we sleep; everyone does it. It's god's way of keeping track of us and for us to resolve problems and talk to our teachers and get guidance. Dreams are nothing more than remembering what we did in the astral, but it's hard to remember because when we return to this dense plane, things are very distorted. And sometimes dreams are hard to remember. And I'm not quite sure what you mean about the naked dream; what is that please? I don't know if I've ever had one. It's hard to interpret dreams because they're so personal and mean different things to different people. Did I answer your question sufficiently, or did I leave gaps? I always leave gaps.
petunia4998

#8 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:47 PM

I've had a few dreams where i thought i was speaking a different language, for some reason just thought it was when i was dreaming but a few times waking up and realising what the words were that you were saying , i noticed that it was complete gibberish lol, just random nonsence lol
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#9 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 15 February 2005 - 03:59 PM

Petunia, you've never had the dream where you find yourself at school or work then realize you're only in your underwear or even naked?

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#10 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:49 PM

Aloha,

Will you tell us what the young boy told you in your dream? Were you able to determine what it was based on your phonetic notes?

Petunia,

Are you familiar with the Akashic Hall of Records?
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#11 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:18 PM

This all seems so esoteric, doesn't it?

I guess it all depends on how we view the brain:

1. Does it produce consciousness and our sense of awareness?

2. Or is it merely a tool, a vehicle, to "something else"?

I am a little hesitant to say it is the second. First, it undervalues the beauty and and power of the brain. It also, by implication, ignores the fact that our physiology is part of who we are, what makes up our personality. And if the brain is merely a machine or means to an end, then, like all good cars or machines, it NEEDS TO REST.

I like the idea of transendence, don't get me wrong.

When we have especially vivid, memorable dreams, it is natural to try and assign some meaning to it, to make sense out of it. We are awed by what we have envisioned. But, not every dream must have meaning.

If we convince ourselves that dreams serve an important, mystical purpose, then it is hardly surprising that some of us dream differently when we go to sleep. So, Petunia, I am not at all surprised that you have never had what you think is a trivial dream, like being in a classroom naked. I'm sure you have fantastic dreams...those that you remember, anyway.

And then, of course, there is the *small* matter of verifying the existence of an astral plane to begin with. But, we can save that for another discussion, on the appropriate board.

#12 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:16 PM

Camille, please don't put words in my mouth; I didn't say that I thought naked dreams were trivial, just that i had never had one.

And aloha, if I had one, I don't remember it. And when you had it, Aloha, how did it make you feel? Embarrassed? Ashamed? How did the people around you in the dream make you feel?

Holly, yes I am familiar with the akashic records. Why do you ask? I know you have to be trained to read them and that Edgar Cayce had that ability. Do you know how to read them? That hall must be fascinating to see.
petunia4998

#13 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:30 PM

Petunia,

You are correct. No, you didn't say that naked dreams were trivial. I used the word trivial to move past the naked dreams example and get to the point of what I *thought* you were making about dreams.

...Unless...you accept the possibility that there may be an astral counterpart to the physical classroom, and that there are naked students within?

Not trying to belittle you, but I'm trying to open up a dialogue you started and wish to understand your position.

#14 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:51 AM

I've had dreams where I speak Swedish fluently. I know some Swedish, but I am definately not fluent.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#15 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 03:39 PM

I understand Camille and I know there are classrooms on the other side, and in the astral, too, which are one and the same, kind of. And in the astral, or spirit world, there is no such thing as nakedness. I believe we are beings of energy, for lack of a better word. When we see spirits, like our guides, they have clothes one because as humans, that's what we expect to see. When I meditate, I see my teachers as colors that have no shape, and when we converse, I hear their words, I don't see them talking. And there is no sex to the words, meaning that I don't hear it as a woman or a man or a child speaking and I don't hear any languages, I understand it in English. But when I first meet them and greet them, there is a chorus of voices greeting me, so I know they're all there.
petunia4998

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users