• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

It sounds like my recorder is like the bottom level of digital recorders that would make your grade if used at their highest settings. which was sort of what I expected - that it was likely the cheapest recorder that would actually do an acceptable job. Cool!

Only thing was this bit:

4. A to D conversion should be a 24 bit system. The 16 bits usedd in regular voice recorders do not provide sufficient resolution.

Where would I find out that info for my recorder?

Most good quality recorders provide this informaton in their technical specifications. This would be considered a selling point and if the particular recorder did meet this spec in all likelyhood they would advertise that. If you can't get it there, it would be a part of the service information provided to service centers. You might also try Googleing the make and model as well. Often someone has evaluated that model and done the research to dig up the specs.

#17 AlyssaM

AlyssaM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

Most good quality recorders provide this informaton in their technical specifications. This would be considered a selling point and if the particular recorder did meet this spec in all likelyhood they would advertise that. If you can't get it there, it would be a part of the service information provided to service centers. You might also try Googleing the make and model as well. Often someone has evaluated that model and done the research to dig up the specs.

Hm ... I'm not seeing this in their specs and they are usually pretty good as a company I think in stating where their equipment falls ... wouldn't they at least say if it was 16 or 24 bits?

I'll try Googling for it again. Thanks!
~Alyssa

#18 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

http://s3.amazonaws....user_manual.pdf

Go to page 86 of the manual. Hope that helps!
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#19 AlyssaM

AlyssaM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:34 PM

http://s3.amazonaws....user_manual.pdf

Go to page 86 of the manual. Hope that helps!

If that is meant for me, I do not at this time have a H2, lol, so that wouldn't help too much.

If it is not for me, well, ah please ignore this post, LOL!
~Alyssa

#20 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

Oops :ghost: my bad!
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users