Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Spirit Communication - Our Topic of the Month!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:30 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

My name is Jeff Belanger and I believe in ghosts. I believe because I’ve corresponded with, met, and interviewed thousands of people about their encounters. I believe because I’ve had my own strange brushes with entities I can only label as ghosts or spirits. I believe because something deep inside of me feels we go somewhere else after we pass on.

If I believe in ghosts, the next obvious question is: Can we communicate with them? The definition of “communication” is wide open. For example, from Dictionary.com: “the imparting or interchange of thoughts, opinions, or information by speech, writing, or signs.” “Interchange” is a key word here. Communication requires at least two parties: someone to send the message, and another to receive. You can communicate with more than two people. In fact, through mass media you can communicate with millions of people at a time. But if you’re alone deep in the woods talking, and no one is around to listen, then you’re not communicating.

We can speak to spirits, to deities, to ancestors, but if they don’t send some kind of sign back, is it communication, or is it more like throwing a message in a bottle into the ocean and hoping it will find a recipient? What interests me the most is when a living person sends a message to a spirit, and believe they receive one back.

As a kid, I recall using a Ouija board with friends at sleepovers. Some of my friends lived in centuries-old homes with haunted reputations, so the Ouija board was especially welcomed in those venues. It’s late at night. We’re young. We’re crouched over the board, hands resting lightly on the Planchette, and then the indicator moves. Slowly at first, then faster as it spells out messages. Back then we believed we were communicating with an old man’s spirit who might still be in his house. We asked questions. The board gave us answers. I’ll leave it to you to argue whether those messages came from within or without.

As I began exploring and researching the paranormal, I had the opportunity to interview mediums, psychics, and learn about other methods and devices people use to try and reach those on the other side. No matter what my opinions are on each method, whether psychic or physical device, there are plenty who believe the communication to be authentic. Some people claimed better results with a Ouija board, others claimed EVP got them the answers they were looking for, still others turned to a psychic person asking to facilitate the conversation for them.

Each of us is looking for some kind of answer, and whether you lean toward the tech side of things, or the more esoteric, there are ways and means available. While having others doubt your results is frustrating, because it feels like they’re questioning your beliefs, maybe the message isn’t for that person in the first place. Like any form of spirituality, it’s completely individualized. My faith is different than yours. My threshold of proof is also different. But just like you, I want answers, and I want to connect, which is why I continue to pursue the study.

I’m fascinated with the old ways, but also the new. When new communication technology comes along, it doesn’t take long for someone to try and apply it toward spirit communication. Don’t believe me? Go check out the app store on your smart phone and see how many ghost radars, EVP recorders, and EMF meters are for sale. We’ve become so tech-dependent that many believe the next breakthrough in spirit communication may offer us the holy grail: real-time two-way communication with the other side. That maybe our departed loved ones could be just a phone call away once again. One day, there may be an app for that.

Until then, we’ll have to rely on faith.

If you have a story of spirit communication, please consider posting an encounter on our site and telling others.

If I could also ask a favor of you, if you haven’t done so already, I’d really appreciate it if you’d consider posting a review for my New England Legends podcast. It’s free to subscribe, and a review will just take you a second on iTunes here: https://podcasts.app...1274188453?mt=2

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Twitter: @THEJeffBelanger
Facebook: Jeff Belanger
YouTube: www.youtube.com/legendtripping
Instagram: www.instagram.com/exploringlegends/

Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users