4 replies to this topic

#1 soulrunner

soulrunner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:gardening is my hobby and one of my jobs

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:43 AM

i have a question for all the skeptics, on the 22nd of this month (march) my grandmother died, an hour or so before i got the phone call i had a sense of foreboding and i knew something was wrong. i have had this sense before and i am sure i will have it again. I do not need you to tell me why i have these feelings that is not my question. My grandmother and I were very close she was more like my mother than my mother ever was. she was fun and cheeky and had a great sence of humour and would spend many hours telling my wife dirty jokes trying to make her blush. She loved life and was a very big part of my life and her sudden passing has left a big hole in my world . My question is this: Why am i now "seeing" my grandmother in my house? I know i am grieving and it is probably an illusion but what causes this? I would appreciate sensible answers and not things like "you are just hurting" please, i do not need to hear things i already know.

#2 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

The statistics that have been compiled by serious researchers into the subject, show that by far the most common "ghostly" manifestation is that of a recently deceased person "appearing" to their nearest and dearest.

This manifestation may be visual, or it may be expressed in other physical forms.

Most commonly, the manifestation is expressed for only a minute or so at the moment of death, and then is not seen again.

However, there are reports of the manifestation persisting for longer periods of time, or expressing repeatedly before disappearing.

On the face of it, you may be experiencing this phenomenon.

#3 Shadowperson

Shadowperson

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:41 AM

Skeptic side: You're grieving. You want to see her and somehow know she's ok but mentally you can't cope with the sudden depature your grandmother had on your life.

Non Skeptic side: You're grandmother was close with you, and she just wants to let you know herself that she's ok and that she loved and really cared about you and that she may or may bot be ready to move on but she'll watch over you.

There, that's both sides of the coin. I think there is no need for a debate. I myself believe in the latter and wish I had such a relationship with anyone in my family.
Posted Image

#4 marilsolstice

marilsolstice

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

In my opinion, when someone very close to you dies there is an a strong attachment that binds both of you to each other. I told every person close to me that when they die they should visit me and tell me what it's like, or something like that.

An Interesting new way on sharing your Paranormal experiences click here!

Posted Image

#5 ohreally?

ohreally?

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

It's hard to say. Maybe it was a psychic experience and maybe it was coincidence.
A personal experience can't be evaluated independently and objectively.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users