Stay Away from this company eye-dia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 grimshawl

grimshawl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:all things paranormal, cemetery photography, odd and forgotten history and locations, fishing, reading, gaming.

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

Okay Today I have a warning about a disreputable company selling shoddy IR lighting products.

As some of you know I am always interested in Infrared Illuminators and gadgets and well anything to help improve my paranormal equiptment arsenal or my equiptments performance. I have been doing alot of searching recently for a greater assortment of Illuminating devices to further the range and lighting for my moble IR camcorders. I had the idea recently that an IR headlamp might be handy since you naturally turn your head toward any sounds or unsual sights and while filming I often dont have an additional hand for a light I often wear a regular headlamp so maybe an IR head light would add to the chance of illuminating phenomina? Anyway that was the theory and after quite a bit of searching I actually found a company that carried such a device.

that company is ( eye-dia )

unfortunately for you and me this company is less than stellar in their customer service and product quality department Below is the back and forth emails from myself and the company after I ordered the product, didnt get it, emailed them about it to find out it was out of stock for ten days, "If I hadnt emailed them I doubt they would have ever informed me of this btw"

Then when I get it, it doesnt work, I replace the batteries I initially tried and it still doesnt work, I check the lightbulb and its filament is brocken right out of the box, so I replace it and.... well just read the emails and you will see this isnt the end of the problems with this company and their products.

first query regarding product....

Has my order been shipped now?

Marty Myers, a customer wondering where order is and whether he is going to recomend this company to others or not.

First reply to query about where product is.

Hello,

We are sorry to have to inform you that the item you ordered, STEALTH I.R. HEAD/SCUBA Light is currently back ordered due to its popularity. We are expecting to ship your item within the next 10 days.

Thanks so much for your order and we are truly sorry for the delay,

eye-dia

some time later, 9 or ten days...

Hello, First, we would like to thank you for bearing with us during our back-order situation. You will be happy to know that your item was Shipped via USPS PRIORITY MAIL and should be there within a day or two. Again, thanks for your order and your patience,

eye-dia

12 or 13 days after back order.....

Well I got my order a stealth IR head scuba light finally. I took it out of the box poped some batteries in and turned it on and nothing. so I chnaged out the batteries to another brand new set just to see and... nothing again, so I checked the bulb and the element was broke right out of the box, so I went to like three stores untill I found one that carried the right bulb bought it, put it in and finally got it to light up. Now I see that the IR filter is crudely cut and fitted and leaking light on the edges of the lense in a couple spots. I am not impressed with my first and likely my last experience ordering from your company to say the least.

Marty Myers

Hello, First, we show from USPS, that your STEALTH HEAD/SCUBA Light arrived on 9/26/09. Two days after shipment.

When you turned it on, if you were expecting to see a light, then you are right, you will NOT see with your eyes any Visible Light. It is a STEALTH INVISIBLE INFRARED LIGHT, right? This means that you will never see an INVISIBLE LIGHT with your eyes. That is why we REQUIRE that you already have a STEALTH INVISIBLE LIGHT Viewer, before purchasing our Products.

Your STEALTH LIGHT was checked by me personally and was working fine when it left our premises. Secondly, our Reflector Assembly, that contains the STEALTH FILTER is made to be one unit and glued here under pressure. When you disassembled the Reflector Assembly (necessary to see the STEALTH FILTER) you released the pressure and you get Light Leaks, since you can not re-seal the Reflector Assembly and retain the STEALTH FILTER. Hopefully, the Filter was destroyed upon disassembly.

Your problem began when you saw NO INFRARED LIGHT and assumed it was defective. If the Bulb was defective, you could have always asked for a replacement. You DID NOT. Had you viewed the STEALTH HEAD/SCUBA Light with an appropriate STEALTH INFRARED VIEWER, you would be seeing in the DARK now.

We hate you had this experience, however, this appears to be a operator problem and NOT a Production Problem, as NO OTHERs have had any problems. As far as purchasing from us again, we would rather you not if you are just going to dismantle our Products and then complain about it. So, so long and learn a lot more about STEALTH INVISIBLE INFRARED before bothering another seller.

eye-dia

I was refering to the ten day back order when your product was out of stock.

I unscrewed the front which is not disassembling the reflector assembley which is indeed glued and looked at the bulb to see if it was lighting up or not when I fliped the switch, remember the bulb, the one your literature recomends you upgrade to have a brighter light, which by the way can clearly be seen as a dull red by me and at least two other people I have shown it to thru the filter, it is not entirely invisible as their is leakage into the near red IR range. So it isnt difficult to see whether it is on or not. And even if it had I had my sony handycam there to take a look with its nightshot.
I had no need to disasemble the thing to see it wasnt placed properly I could see that once I finally got the light to work because there is white light coming thru the edges instead of just the dull red light.

But I am not complaining about the red light being mildly visible as I have many IR illuminators for my cameras and they all give off one degree or another of the same dull red light. What I am complaining about is shoddy workmanship in installing the IR filter and the white regular light leaking around the edges.

I hope this clarifies my point and how I actually handled the product.

I give reviews of equiptment to be used for paranormal groups on websites and forums as well as my own blog and after reading this last reply of yours I have decided that the best thing I can do for others is to pass on this email and my unsatisfactory ordering experience onto them as a warning to stay away from your company and product.

Marty Myers
www.lostandfoundohio.com
Still full of Wonder at the Worlds Workings, looking for some of the ansers and most of the questions. Lost and Found Ohio

#2 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:58 AM

They definitely need lessons on customer service. Any way to report them to the BBB or something?
Posted Image

#3 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

~I would definately report them. Good luck hun, and I'm sorry that you have to go through this crap...it's unnecessary.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#4 Kelli Chases Ghosts

Kelli Chases Ghosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:51 AM

My guess is, this is a business run out of some guy's basement. He probably cuts IR material out to replace the lens in a run-of-the-mill lamp he buys at the local hardware store, then resells them at an outrageous profit. Don't know for sure, haven't looked, but this is my guess because I've seen it before.

Your light was probably "backordered" because he hadn't made the trip to Home Depot in a few weeks and needed to restock. Your lamp probably leaked light because when you complained, he hastily cut out a filter for it with a pair of household scissors and then never bothered to test it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but like I said I've seen this sort of thing before. You can make this stuff much cheaper yourself. Want an IR filter? Cut your own out of sheets. It's pretty cheap. Here's just one site that sells it, I'm sure you can find it much cheaper elsewhere if you look: http://www.serialporteng.com/

Buy the IR material and your own lamps and get creative with a scroll saw, file, fine grit sandpaper and a hot glue gun. Not only will you probably end up with something more useful to you because you built it the way you want it, but you had fun doing it and it was probably a heck of a lot cheaper than buying it from this "eye-dia" guy.

JMO of course. Take it FWIW.
Speak to me in Gaelic and I will love you. Tell me you know what Inverse Square Law is and I will love you forever.~K

#5 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

I agree with Kelli.
Just find a place to buy the IR material and make up an external IR yourself.
A few of the guys in my group have done just that, and they are more than happy with the results.
They will get the material, cut it to size, and replace the lens on a store-bought flashlight. One of them has his fit onto a 10 million candle power spotlight.
I had thought at one point of getting an external IR light for my Sony Handycam. I mentioned it to one of the guys, and they said that for only a few dollars, I could make my own.
One of the great things about these forums is that it can put you in touch with a variety of people. Ask around if you need something, I'm sure somebody will have a great idea.

#6 revpaullannon

revpaullannon

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

Okay Today I have a warning about a disreputable company selling shoddy IR lighting products.

As some of you know I am always interested in Infrared Illuminators and gadgets and well anything to help improve my paranormal equiptment arsenal or my equiptments performance. I have been doing alot of searching recently for a greater assortment of Illuminating devices to further the range and lighting for my moble IR camcorders. I had the idea recently that an IR headlamp might be handy since you naturally turn your head toward any sounds or unsual sights and while filming I often dont have an additional hand for a light I often wear a regular headlamp so maybe an IR head light would add to the chance of illuminating phenomina? Anyway that was the theory and after quite a bit of searching I actually found a company that carried such a device.

that company is ( eye-dia )

unfortunately for you and me this company is less than stellar in their customer service and product quality department Below is the back and forth emails from myself and the company after I ordered the product, didnt get it, emailed them about it to find out it was out of stock for ten days, "If I hadnt emailed them I doubt they would have ever informed me of this btw"

Then when I get it, it doesnt work, I replace the batteries I initially tried and it still doesnt work, I check the lightbulb and its filament is brocken right out of the box, so I replace it and.... well just read the emails and you will see this isnt the end of the problems with this company and their products.

first query regarding product....

Has my order been shipped now?

Marty Myers, a customer wondering where order is and whether he is going to recomend this company to others or not.

First reply to query about where product is.

Hello,

We are sorry to have to inform you that the item you ordered, STEALTH I.R. HEAD/SCUBA Light is currently back ordered due to its popularity. We are expecting to ship your item within the next 10 days.

Thanks so much for your order and we are truly sorry for the delay,

eye-dia

some time later, 9 or ten days...

Hello, First, we would like to thank you for bearing with us during our back-order situation. You will be happy to know that your item was Shipped via USPS PRIORITY MAIL and should be there within a day or two. Again, thanks for your order and your patience,

eye-dia

12 or 13 days after back order.....

Well I got my order a stealth IR head scuba light finally. I took it out of the box poped some batteries in and turned it on and nothing. so I chnaged out the batteries to another brand new set just to see and... nothing again, so I checked the bulb and the element was broke right out of the box, so I went to like three stores untill I found one that carried the right bulb bought it, put it in and finally got it to light up. Now I see that the IR filter is crudely cut and fitted and leaking light on the edges of the lense in a couple spots. I am not impressed with my first and likely my last experience ordering from your company to say the least.

Marty Myers

Hello, First, we show from USPS, that your STEALTH HEAD/SCUBA Light arrived on 9/26/09. Two days after shipment.

When you turned it on, if you were expecting to see a light, then you are right, you will NOT see with your eyes any Visible Light. It is a STEALTH INVISIBLE INFRARED LIGHT, right? This means that you will never see an INVISIBLE LIGHT with your eyes. That is why we REQUIRE that you already have a STEALTH INVISIBLE LIGHT Viewer, before purchasing our Products.

Your STEALTH LIGHT was checked by me personally and was working fine when it left our premises. Secondly, our Reflector Assembly, that contains the STEALTH FILTER is made to be one unit and glued here under pressure. When you disassembled the Reflector Assembly (necessary to see the STEALTH FILTER) you released the pressure and you get Light Leaks, since you can not re-seal the Reflector Assembly and retain the STEALTH FILTER. Hopefully, the Filter was destroyed upon disassembly.

Your problem began when you saw NO INFRARED LIGHT and assumed it was defective. If the Bulb was defective, you could have always asked for a replacement. You DID NOT. Had you viewed the STEALTH HEAD/SCUBA Light with an appropriate STEALTH INFRARED VIEWER, you would be seeing in the DARK now.

We hate you had this experience, however, this appears to be a operator problem and NOT a Production Problem, as NO OTHERs have had any problems. As far as purchasing from us again, we would rather you not if you are just going to dismantle our Products and then complain about it. So, so long and learn a lot more about STEALTH INVISIBLE INFRARED before bothering another seller.

eye-dia

I was refering to the ten day back order when your product was out of stock.

I unscrewed the front which is not disassembling the reflector assembley which is indeed glued and looked at the bulb to see if it was lighting up or not when I fliped the switch, remember the bulb, the one your literature recomends you upgrade to have a brighter light, which by the way can clearly be seen as a dull red by me and at least two other people I have shown it to thru the filter, it is not entirely invisible as their is leakage into the near red IR range. So it isnt difficult to see whether it is on or not. And even if it had I had my sony handycam there to take a look with its nightshot.
I had no need to disasemble the thing to see it wasnt placed properly I could see that once I finally got the light to work because there is white light coming thru the edges instead of just the dull red light.

But I am not complaining about the red light being mildly visible as I have many IR illuminators for my cameras and they all give off one degree or another of the same dull red light. What I am complaining about is shoddy workmanship in installing the IR filter and the white regular light leaking around the edges.

I hope this clarifies my point and how I actually handled the product.

I give reviews of equiptment to be used for paranormal groups on websites and forums as well as my own blog and after reading this last reply of yours I have decided that the best thing I can do for others is to pass on this email and my unsatisfactory ordering experience onto them as a warning to stay away from your company and product.

Marty Myers
www.lostandfoundohio.com

I would not recommended ghost mart. i placed an order dec 4th from them the charged my visa card and have not shipped to date many many phone calls and emails never answered or returned i had to file a civil case to get my money back...buyer beware

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users