• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 03:15 PM

Please somebody help me. It is not isolated to a GV problem, but i always get this message that I don't have enough memory to enable shockwave, try allocating more memory to Internet Explorer. Well, I have, but it still does not work.

Thus, I cannot get into the Shockwave Chat room, which bums me. Any suggestions?

Oh i am on a Mac---->I know, weirdo!

:weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#2 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 24 September 2004 - 03:19 PM

I've never heard anything about the IE needing more memory before and i've never used a mac before but if the shockwave isnt working it could be your graphics card or your not getting enough info from the net (check your internet settings), it could also be that you need to d/l another shockwave program or update the one you got.
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#3 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 24 September 2004 - 03:20 PM

Also make sure your settings are not completly blocking cookies, set it to medium.
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#4 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,548 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 24 September 2004 - 03:25 PM

i get that too sometimes. i think it might be somekind of spyware. i wouldn't pay any attention to it.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#5 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 03:31 PM

No it's not that Kats, I actually cannot view any shockwave things. I have my cookies set on accept all cookies, i have the latest version of IE. OHHHH it's so frustrating.

Oh and believe me Mr. Grey my graphics card is soooo much better than a pc graphics card.

I don't know what you meant about not getting enough info from the net. I have a cable modem FYI.

:weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: <----Mac retarded/outcast
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#6 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 03:43 PM

Sorry i meant that you were not getting enough information from your server but your cable so thats not the case.
What Flash program have you got......if you have one?

#7 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 04:25 PM

Flash v. 7.1 for Mac

#8 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 04:44 PM

What OS are you using? 10x?

OH, your graphics car is better than a PC's? How is that pray tell Brig?

Heheheh! As far as I am aware, most Macs with upgraded video cards use the EXACT same piece of hardware.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#9 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 05:22 PM

The only idea i got is to d/l a new flash program or the same one. :huh:

#10 tkite

tkite

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:I am a Witch, and practice Witchcraft. I am 36 years old, live in Texas, and want to move to Connecticut or thereabouts in the next few years. I am also a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge (AF&amp;AM). Masons can be of any religion, despite that most are Christian and Jewish. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:19 PM

I WISH I had a MAC......

;) :weeee:
A Witch I am..... Use the Force...

#11 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 04:03 PM

Have you tried d/l a different Flash program yet bridget?

#12 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:22 AM

No, I don't think it's that Mr Grey.

#13 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:17 PM

OK! I've solved my problem! I increased not only the maximum memory allocated to I.E. but the minimum as well. Now my shockwave is working, and I was able to get into the chat room and it was OUTSTANDING! I spent the whole afternoon chatting with KRC, Akthra, Mr. Grey and TKite. We had an offical ghostie gaggle. But, when TKite posted his pic under real life, we all crashed.

Better check the Gaggling allocations when you get back Jeff!

:P :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

Oh and I now need the same smileys that are in the chat room, becasue I have become either Bling Bling Bridge or Hurricane Bridgie. KRC won't let me use his rolling smiley that's on there.

:weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

wee wee wee!

#14 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:38 PM

Yup! Ghostie Gaggle.

I don't know what it could have been, I received a Flash 7 error, stating the performance of the movie was too slow and may cuase problems.... I never get get back from that error message and had to restart. All i tried to do at the time was expand the window with a mouse drag.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#15 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:43 PM

Oh so Akthra, it was ALL YOUR FAULT! ah ha!

—Hurricane Bridge looking for her new smilie

:P :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users