Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

How do you deal with bad news from a Medium?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

I recently had a reading from a respected medium.I have had a very good reading from this lady a couple of years ago so I decided to try her again.The reading went well until the end when she told me she saw a young man in my life suffering from a serious health problem .She felt that it could be the son that still lives at home and that he would not die but the illness could be a series of strokes and be very serious for him. If it is not my son who is going to university in September it is one of his friends who is close to our family like a son. Usually I would not feel too worried about a reading knowing that it is entirely possible she is wrong but when it was about my child I can't stop thinking about it. I haven't told him about it but his dad thinks I should. He told me today he has had a pain behind his eye and he was wondering if it is allergies and I told him to go to the doctor for a physical !!!
Was that overreacting??? What would you do if you got that type of news from a medium that has a very good track record?
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Namaste, what I would suggest is to give him a warning of caution, just to be more careful about things. So I guess you did right about asking him to go for a medical checkup. Sending blessings.

Edited by MoonChild, 03 June 2012 - 10:21 AM.

Posted Image

#3 MzClementine

MzClementine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Ghost anything paranormal. Energy, empath, dreams, psychic, tarot, crystals. Metaphysical science. Living, loving and learning. Things unexplained too.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

I recently had a reading from a respected medium.I have had a very good reading from this lady a couple of years ago so I decided to try her again.The reading went well until the end when she told me she saw a young man in my life suffering from a serious health problem .She felt that it could be the son that still lives at home and that he would not die but the illness could be a series of strokes and be very serious for him. If it is not my son who is going to university in September it is one of his friends who is close to our family like a son. Usually I would not feel too worried about a reading knowing that it is entirely possible she is wrong but when it was about my child I can't stop thinking about it. I haven't told him about it but his dad thinks I should. He told me today he has had a pain behind his eye and he was wondering if it is allergies and I told him to go to the doctor for a physical !!!
Was that overreacting??? What would you do if you got that type of news from a medium that has a very good track record?

Okay... I have lost friend from warning them that a seriouse illness was around the corner.. One friend it was her mother,,, VIP.. Make a prevenitive measure.. Take your son for a full work up, check up.. all.. ect... My friend told her mother and as was she had cancer.. They don't have lots of money and her daughter was in school.. Well she took a few months off and was able to pause her payments and they used that income to do her surgury.. And this saved her mother.. Not all bad news has to saty bad,, It is up to us to put the motions of change to the action at hand.. Nothing is set in direct stone.. Please know spometimes its important to know the good with the bad.. For if not.. Who knows what could happen.. And if this is a boy that is like the family.. Same goes too.. Get involved.. thats all it takes.. Action to reaction.. Please don't fear.. And think positive.. Blood work CT scan and a ekg help work wonders..
Blessings to you my dear... My thoughts are with you..

Namaste, what I would suggest is to give him a warning of caution, just to be more careful about things. So I guess you did right about asking him to go for a medical checkup. Sending blessings.

I SO AGREEPosted Image Posted Image with you!!!

#4 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

Hi bardo,

Even the most accomplished medium is giving you impressions of what COULD happen, and does not always interpret information correctly. It doesn't mean 100% that it will happen. You can see it as a suggestion to advise your son and his friend to get a physical. If any problem is present, then hopefully the doctor will nip it in the bud and the problems seen by the medium would be avoided.

In the UK, mediums are prevented by law from giving any medical advice or information, because the client could take it as the gospel and freak out. If doctors can make mistakes in diagnosis, so can even the most enlightened medium and channeled spirits. I think the medium should have been a bit more tactful and reticent in the reading she gave you. Getting you upset serves no useful purpose.

I do hope all turns out well.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#5 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

Thank you all for the great advice! I told my son and he thinks the medium is crazy. The problem is in Canada we don't have to pay for our medical work........I know that sounds great and for the most part I am very thankfull but you don't get to have a choice of doctors .My family has been lucky we are healthy and I rarely have to go to a doctor but when there has been a health issue my doctor does not look after us well.I tend to do natural medicine first and then if that does not work I will talk to my doctor.He seems to have the attitude that there is no need to see him unless you are dying.A doctor into preventative medicine would be really nice.My other son was suffering from a thyroid problem and I had to demand that the doctor do the blood work ! he thought that my son was a typical teenager that was playing videos and eatting unhealthy when really he played hockey and lacross ,he was in a band that was doing at least one gig a weekend and he was a veggetarian. His hair was falling out and his weight was steadily going up and he felt ill all the time. Our doctor puts him on antidepressents( another thyroid symptom).
So my problem is even if I can get my son on board with a medical how do I talk his doctor into doing the tests he should have?
I'm not saying that I am stressing over the reading she could be wrong but if you get a heads up I think it is good to be cautionary to what you are being told!
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#6 empathmedium

empathmedium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

1) Make sure that the medium you went to was real and not a fake...some fake mediums will give bad news so that you'll have to pay them more for a fake solution...

2) Get a second reading from another medium but a recommended one...

Please visit my website http://www.clair-empathic.bwieland.com

#7 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I have to agree with Moon and empathmedium. Always look for a 2nd reading. I personally dont believe everything is set in stone. I think we can always change our own paths.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#8 buts77

buts77

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

What to do??

Of course, brings tons of cash to that medium to "fix the problem".

there is no other reason for the medium to tell such "news"
wehahaha.

Edited by buts77, 17 February 2013 - 06:42 PM.

In ghost we trust!

#9 buts77

buts77

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

you have to show to the medium that you are really scared, and really... "not very clever ;-)))" and if he will deciede that you can be really good person to be fooled, he will redirect you to some "respectable person" to fix unexistant problems (90%), or will offer to heal your carma\dharma\etc by himself. ;-)))))
In ghost we trust!

#10 Stormeye

Stormeye

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Back into a more positive and helpful track . . . first, as others have pointed out, nothing in the future is set in stone. A psychic or medium is simply seeing the energy around you and the pattern in which it is currently flowing. Based on what they are seeing they can tell you that, if you keep doing what you are are presently doing, there is a good chance that X will happen. You can walk out of that reading, decide that what you were told is simply not going to happen and change the whole course of events with that decision and some action on it. In this case, I agree with the people who are noting that no quality psychic or medium will make diagnoses or predict a particular illness.

As to medical advocacy, I have one word to say. Research.

I worked for a nonprofit health advocacy group a while back and my primary job was translating for people who had doctors who thought that the MD behind their name stood for Medical Deity. I found that the quickest way for a patient to get a doctor to cooperate was to send them in loaded for bear with all the information I could provide them.

I know that it is difficult to change doctors in the Canadian medical system and that physicians in that system tend to have large patient loads. Understand that this is likely the source of your doctor's impatience. You can not force this doctor to be more aware of preventative measures but, when you do go to see him for a problem, be sure that you go prepared. Don't just say "Well, I think we should run this test" instead, tell him why and have the stats to back up your assertion. I rarely have trouble with doctors since I speak their language and translate back to them. If you are really intimidated by the jargon that doctors use, try taking a continuing education class in medical terminology.

Just some thoughts and I hope they can be of some assistance,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users