Looking for a good 8 channel DVR system

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 boo brothers

boo brothers

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

Ok, I need help from all you video guys out there. Iím currently running a 4-channel DVR system that I purchased last year and absolutely hate(http://www.closeoutc...m-p/cl-4pro.htm). Video quality is decent at best but the crappy software makes evidence review/playback a hassle. It has a USB port that the company said can be used for external backup devices however just about every one I try doesnít work. The DVR system wonít recognize the devices I hook up. Also when Iím reviewing evidence if I zoom in on a certain camera to look more closely at something I have to start all over when I return to normal view mode. Needless to say Iím all set with this unit. Iím now looking for a 6 or 8 channel system with GOOD reviewing software and a jog wheel would be nice.

Any suggestions???
Jay PalazzoCase Manager for the Ghost Hunters Guildwww.ghosthuntersguild.com

#2 revpaullannon

revpaullannon

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

Ok, I need help from all you video guys out there. Iím currently running a 4-channel DVR system that I purchased last year and absolutely hate(http://www.closeoutc...m-p/cl-4pro.htm). Video quality is decent at best but the crappy software makes evidence review/playback a hassle. It has a USB port that the company said can be used for external backup devices however just about every one I try doesnít work. The DVR system wonít recognize the devices I hook up. Also when Iím reviewing evidence if I zoom in on a certain camera to look more closely at something I have to start all over when I return to normal view mode. Needless to say Iím all set with this unit. Iím now looking for a 6 or 8 channel system with GOOD reviewing software and a jog wheel would be nice.

Any suggestions???

I would not recommended ghost mart. i placed an order dec 4th from them the charged my visa card and have not shipped to date many many phone calls and emails never answered or returned i had to file a civil case to get my money back...buyer beware

#3 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that "prove" a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:43 AM

try searching on Amazon, they have some decent systems there anything from a cheap $400 all the way up to high end commercial CCTV equipment last time I looked.

#4 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:49 AM

I've used super circuits before. Very good company and very helpful.
SUPER CIRCUITS
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#5 RodoBabbins

RodoBabbins

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

I would through amazon as well as was mentioned before. Not only can you get a good deal on used equipment but it's through a major outlet. Not knocking the smaller stores.
JoshCo-FounderSafe Harbor Paranormal

#6 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:34 PM

I would try http://www.diyvideosurveillance.com/... He has some really good deals on DVR systems, just the DVR alone, and cameras alone... On a side note, I just got 3-680TVL cameras from him, which I should have on Monday, at some of the best prices I've seen on the internet...

Give his website a look and see what you think... This guy is also very knowledgeable too... So if you have questions, he should steer you in the right direction... Just give him a call or shoot him an email...

Good luck!
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#7 leomartin6

leomartin6

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:07 AM

I got a lot of useful stuff from this particular area. Thanks a lot and keep doing good work.
leomartin6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users