Orbs ???

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 07 November 2003 - 06:50 PM

whispers_of_fire good to see/write to you again I know I have not been on Ghostvillage in awhile, anyway to answer your question about an IR light for a Sony camcorder the answer is EBAY! Yep, the paranormal shopping mecca it's where I get all my equipment cheap, I just bought (in fact I received them today)a set of 3 wireless cameras off of Ebay which we are going to use for house investigations and set up a central monitoring station with a small tv/vcr combo. Anyway if you can think of it you can find it on Ebay!

OwlGoddess, ow! The whole dimension talk hurt my head! Perhaps they do shift in and out maybe that why we only get them sometimes or they just hang around gathering enough energy to make an appearance. I was trying to find out if there was any information on the web about electromagnetic energy that would shed light on the whole reflective light idea, but nothing that came close.

I like the idea that it may draw in dust and vapor in the air as it is gathering energy that also goes with the long standing idea that they form a mini vacuum which creates a cold spot.

Anyway a very interesting discussion.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#17 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:00 PM

flying...I agree with you but I don't think that there is any one concrete answer to the question that was asked.  This is how I "judge" orb photos:  I look for roundness...if it isn't perfectly round it can't be an "orb".  Being an orb is energy it would have to be round like an explosion is round.  I also look for mass to the "orb", to me if it is really transparent looking it most likely could be dust or pollen.  Rain is a different matter and very much resembles a true orb except for the shape generally.  I am attaching an orb that I took last spring during daylight hours and with no flash.  It is perfectly round and has some mass to it.  I would classify this one as a true "orb" and not dust or pollen.  It obviously wasn't raining so that let's that out as a possibility.  Let me know what you think! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:52 PM

I have some pictures that I have taken at an old cemetary in the day time and I have orbs that you can tell are moving and I didn't use flash. I also have pics of mist that was on my right side that I could not see until the film was developed.All of theses pics were taken during the day. I also have a picof an orb in my home that I caught on film and I did not use a flash just to see if I could pick up anything and it showed an orb in my kitchen.

Ghosthunter

#19 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 08 November 2003 - 06:18 AM

Interesting, but an orb does not always have a circular shape.  Based on frame-by-frame analysis of videotape footage some orbs seems to change shape during movement, sometimes to a face and then back to the "orb" form.

I also have filmed a "flying rod" is this something of a differing soul form, or perhaps a side shot of an orb moving.  perhaps they are sometimes shaped as an angel fish-discus shaped.  Just speculation.

For general interest attached is an orb pic I obtained at a massacre site during the war of 1812.  I call it the ghost of Jimmy Durante! *LOL*  Seems to have a big nose and large ears, but is not completely circular.  I was in total darkness using IR goggles and a nightshot Sony camcorder.  This spirit, and others around me, seemed extremely interested in how I could move around in total darkness.  I am sure that I look quite strange with the night vision gear also! *snickers*  After I explained the equipement and said I could see everything the spirits moved away beyond my ability to "feel" them.
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#20 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 08 November 2003 - 07:56 AM

Actually the question posed is like the good old which came first , the chicken or the egg.

The question being : Do orbs produce light naturaly or are they illuminated by artifical or ambient light through photography or video?

The first thought must be this : In all forms of photogrpahy and video production some form of lighting is necessary in order to produce an image. Either artifical or ambient. This can include all forms of the light spectrum from ambient daylight to infrared.

Based on what I have seen , orbs arent always symetrical due to their motion . Like Flying pointed out , their shapes can change from frame to frame from oblong to circular and many other shapes and forms. They defy not only defy gravity , but they defy the flight path of anything man made or natural I have ever seen .

Are they energy that is illuminated by a light source ?

Are they on a spectrum that isnt visable to the human eye?

Must they be illuminated in order to be seen?

Answering these questions is all part of the process in defining the greater answer . Is there life after death ? Are orbs spirits ?

Rockhauler2k1 ;)
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#21 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 08 November 2003 - 08:24 AM

Yes, you guys are right and I should have included that in my post.  I shouldn't have skipped while in motion...sorry about that.  I guess I was just getting at the root, circular basic orb shot.  

It is true that they will change shape and even take on a comet like shape when in motion.  They also do have the ability to change shape and, according to my theory, change even as far as an apparition. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 05:49 PM

Hi, Ohhorror, good to see you back, my friend ;D Okay, I don't know why I thought this but I thought maybe there was a ir digital/35mm*LOL*No wonder the guy thought I must have been possessed...I did get out before the mob with pitchforks and torches showed up though ;)
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#23 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 10 November 2003 - 03:24 PM

[glow=red,2,300]November 10 Results
[/glow]
"NADA"
Went to a little site with some history to it this evening and snapped a few. After looking thru the picks taken from the digital using no flash I turned up nothing :-[

Not even one orb. On my next go around I will post here again.  I will keep trying in the meantime, did anyone else try it, did you capture anything?
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#24 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:33 PM

Rockhauler2k1 I agree with your reply on this topic and i love the point you made at the end.

#25 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:17 AM

whispers_of_fire

Glad to be back! Actually I think Sony makes a digital IR camera but it costs $$$. You can use a manual 35mm camera and IR film but this involves such a huge check lists of do's and dont's in handling the film that unless you have your own darkroom and you are a professional photographer the use of it is not feasible. Certain digital cameras older ones like the Olympus C-2020 Zoom have CCD's that are very sensitive to IR, with a Wratten or Hoya filter on it you can take IR photographs during the day. So your question was not off base. I do believe that IR light plays a role somehow in seeing orbs, ecto, and apparitions. What that role is however I am unsure of. At this point I am not sure if the entity reacts, reflects, or just becomes more visible because we are using a light that is closer to the wavelength that it exists on.

I use a Olympus 35mm with 800 speed film and a Sony TRV-43 camcorder with night shot.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users