136 replies to this topic

#1 Romie

Romie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Anything Paranormal.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

From the Aztec to the Hebrew calendar to the I ching. so may cultures includeing ours say 2012 is going to be a huge life altering catastrophic occurance.
Even some men of the cloth say 2012 will be the worst ordeal since biblical times.
Whats your Views?

#2 Romie

Romie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:24 PM

From the Aztec to the Hebrew calendar to the I ching. so may cultures includeing ours say 2012 is going to be a huge life altering catastrophic occurance.
Even some men of the cloth say 2012 will be the worst ordeal since biblical times.
Whats your Views?
Sorry, I think I'm in the wrong place. But....I will not try to fix it. cuz it only gets worse. so please move this topic where it belongs, if you like.

#3 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:51 PM

~I've also heard the same thing about 2012, but I try really hard to not dwell on it because I don't want to wasste a second worrying about it when I could use that time to spend making my children laugh & getting my husband better. If that is truly the date of "end times", then no matter how much worrying I do, it's still bound to happen. I think you brought up a great question & am curious as to what others will think. Personally though, I just don't want to think about it...if you know what I mean.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#4 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

Its not a catostophic disater that is going to occur.

It is a shift in our conciousness. The way we think, the way we feel things and the way we communicate with others and beyond.

Its hard to fully elaborate. But there is a huge change coming, not a disaster.

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#5 Romie

Romie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:57 PM

Thats a first! I have never heard of it is this way. as a change in the way we think. You are the first person I ever heard say that. thats interesting. where did you hear that at?
my infomation came from Pastors and a few psychics and the history channel.thats cool!
and no I don't think alot about it. because one has to live there life to the fullest. without worry.
besides who needs more stress. right? Whirly Dude

#6 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching &quot;para&quot;normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:41 PM

Thats a first! I have never heard of it is this way. as a change in the way we think. You are the first person I ever heard say that. thats interesting. where did you hear that at?
my infomation came from Pastors and a few psychics and the history channel.thats cool!
and no I don't think alot about it. because one has to live there life to the fullest. without worry.

Romie, it's all a consciousness thing, dude... it's just a type of upgrade in the way people think and the things that are available to us. Things people practice and come into realization about, like the Law of Attraction and other Universal knowledge, will be more readily accepted and come to the forefront publically, in a more widespread sense. Alternative modalities are included and a whole lot more in spirituality and personal progress and mainly "creating our own realities" much more effeciently and consciously.

However, if you are not in tune with it, you probably won't tap into any of it. You'll start to see the dichotemy between old, outdated, limiting forms of thinking (such as negative "pastoral" doomsday alerts and all) and the more positive, empowering and limitless acceptance types of thinking. All this includes bridging the great divide we have imposed socially on ourselves with racial/ethnic and lifestyle forms of discrimination.

Basically, we'll start to realize more and more solidly that we really are just part of the same energy source. We're all One with each other.

Look out there for this type of info on 2012, and stay far away from the negative doomsday... then it won't be that way for you.

Cheers!

Edited by spiritdoc, 18 February 2008 - 02:43 PM.

SpiritDoc

#7 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

It is a shift in our conciousness. The way we think, the way we feel things and the way we communicate with others and beyond.

Les

~My God Les, just as I had to get off of GV to tend to Tommy, the same exact thought came into my mind. 2012 isn't going to be a bad change, but yet it will be a "change"...just not a deadly one. It was so great to read what you wrote!!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#8 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

Look out there for this type of info on 2012, and stay far away from the negative doomsday... then it won't be that way for you.

Cheers!

~Amen there!!!! I like the way you think!! I'm glad this subject was brought up because lately, this is all I've ever heard about was "watch out...2012 is dooms day for all" kind of thing.

#9 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:20 PM

~You nailed that right on the head!!!! :clap:

#10 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:31 PM

This is something I find very interesting... personaly i link it in with my wierd view on sometime in the past we were visited by beings from another solar system... eg "sirius mystery"

And that all the info and knowledge that we have aqumilated over the years has been given to our ancestors by beings from another planet. And that because we are coming into a new time they will visit us again.

Another is that its just an astrological thing and were going into another phase of life which is nothing to concern us, just many changes for the better.

Oviously you have your silly scaremongering God is gonna kill us all approach. I watched a program the other night, the people on there said that God will comedown from the sky, pull a sword from his mouth and masacer all non believers. Just a few days before all his followers will dissapear into thin air to join god in the sky..

Personally i think there been many apocalyptic days before.. and just because he Mayan calender ends (they couldnt be bothered writing anymore... I mean comeone guys we have like yearly planners...) there is nothing to worry about... we should enjoy every day as if it were our last regardless...

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:48 PM

Les

AMEN to that Leslie. Positive changes, a doorway to another realm of conciousness - but hey, that would be catastrophic for many short sighted organizations and establishments globally.
Posted Image

#12 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

Oviously you have your silly scaremongering God is gonna kill us all approach. I watched a program the other night, the people on there said that God will comedown from the sky, pull a sword from his mouth and masacer all non believers. Just a few days before all his followers will dissapear into thin air to join god in the sky..

LOL...leonie! You have such a way of making everything sound even sillier than it is! Just to clarify for you on this matter...it is Jesus who is supposed to come down from heaven, the "sword from his mouth" is a metaphor for the Word of God, the death of non-believers will take place at the battle of Armaggedon, and Christians will be "raptured" long before this--well, actually there are many different theological viewpoints on this...some say it will happen 7 years prior (pre-tribulation rapture), some 3 1/2 years prior (mid-tribulation rapture) and some just before Armaggedon (post tribulation rapture). (Not that I agree with this...I just like to study religion, so I know my way around the different doctrines.)

But anyway, I'm not sure what to think of this 2012 thing. I read a book a couple years ago (again, with a Christian emphasis) and it claimed to have figured out an approximate time line of when the so-called "end" would come. They used mostly a combination of passages from the books of Daniel and Revelation to come to their conclusions, and while I don't remember exactly what the approximate range of years was, I know that 2012 landed somewhere in the middle. On the other hand, if one believes in the Bible they would argue that Jesus also states in the book of Revelation that no man will know this date.
Posted Image

#13 Romie

Romie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:51 PM

Spirtdoc, I'm a dudette!
and that was a Very different view on 2012.
and I will take that to my Shaman.Once he's back in town.
This is a good conversation. thanks everybody!
Well this Grandmother must chat with you all later.
Thanks again.Have a good one!
Well, Rats!
I forgot to add.that yes, noone knows the day and time Of Christ return.but 2012 is a seperate issue.
Ok now I have to run.

Edited by Romie, 18 February 2008 - 06:54 PM.

#14 sororluna

sororluna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Seances, Mediumship, Ghosts, Hauntings, Psychic stuff<br /><br />University Lecturer in Latin, Ancient Greek, and Biblical Hebrew<br /><br />Founding Member of Psychics and Ghost Hunters of Western Oregon<br /><br />Reiki Master <br /><br />Light Body Graduate (www.orindaben.com)<br /><br />Have studied Parapsychology in my spare time since 1989<br /><br />Medium-in-Training since 1994 (Mainly mental mediumship however have some knowledge of physical as well).<br /><br />Lived in Durham, England for 2 years (my husband is British) and have seen 60+ mediums live in various Spiritualist Churches in the UK and USA, as well as attending psychic worshops and mediumship classes in both countries.<br /><br />10 or more years of personal, detailed, hands-on experience with EACH of the following faiths: Baptist, Catholic, Pagan/Witchcraft. <br /><br />I do Biblical Hebrew (Old Testament) and Biblical Greek (New Testament), if anybody wants any literal translations of paranormal matters in the Judaeo-Christian Bible. My main area of interest however is Latin, which I speak fluently and teach, and also Ancient Greek, if anybody wants literal translations of any Pagan writings. Also fairly fluent in Italian. Two terms of German as well :).

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

I thought that 2012 was just going to be a change in consciousness myself....

Then we got the report in late January from a naval base that the "poles will be green" by summer 2013 - i.e all artic ice melted. This date is a bit close to 2012 to just be - coincidence. The result worldwide will be a rise in the sea level by 20 feet. Not a total destruction, but half the world's population will be displaced or killed.

The report was so shocking that on Feb. 4th President Bush alloted 1 billion dollars toward satellites to monitor the rate of melt, as well as approximately 900,000 million more over the next 4 years. Too little too late? I hope not.

#15 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:45 PM

The Mayans were one of the civilizations to prophecy the 2012 date. The Mayans also had an amazingly accurate calendar. I think the date most speculated is 12/12/2012. If it is that day or even that year, I doubt that it will be an "end of days" I feel that it will be the start of a new era. Some believe that it will be the return of the Messiah but those who study the Bible know that Christ will not return until his message is given to all people in every corner of the world.

Even with all of the speculation. I am not going to sweat it, it'll be just another year and what ever happens will happen.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users