Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

can a spirit fall in love with the living?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

i saw somthing on tv that talked about spirits loving people not like family but in love i just wanted to know if it could happen(curious :( )

#2 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:59 PM

i saw somthing on tv that talked about spirits loving people not like family but in love i just wanted to know if it could happen(curious :Wall: )

nevermind stupid question :(

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:06 PM

No, it wasn't a stupid question at all.

Why is it not possible? Spirits are entities that has feelings too, so it is quite possible for them to fall in love with a person on the material world. Though the love can have limitations or different essence altogether.
Posted Image

#4 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

No, it wasn't a stupid question at all.

Why is it not possible? Spirits are entities that has feelings too, so it is quite possible for them to fall in love with a person on the material world. Though the love can have limitations or different essence altogether.

i know they have feelings but its just sad and...i mean it would be hard and...it sounds romantic yet sad thats all

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:10 PM

Nope, it may not be "sad" all the time. A Spirit becomes a Ghost when it attaches itself to the "previous" existence on the material plane. The emotions and the bondings is what is creating a Ghost out of the Spirit.
Posted Image

#6 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:13 PM

Nope, it may not be "sad" all the time. A Spirit becomes a Ghost when it attaches itself to the "previous" existence on the material plane. The emotions and the bondings is what is creating a Ghost out of the Spirit.

oh

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:16 PM

Look at it this way. All "ghost" hautings are reported where a very intense emotion have taken place. So, we can assume that the Spirits are attached to a place or a thing or an event which makes them Ghosts.

Other than that, they are individual entities, and they also could have feelings.
Posted Image

#8 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:22 PM

Look at it this way. All "ghost" hautings are reported where a very intense emotion have taken place. So, we can assume that the Spirits are attached to a place or a thing or an event which makes them Ghosts.

Other than that, they are individual entities, and they also could have feelings.

sorry um im only 14 and i am very interested and want to learn (alot) about the subject and thank you for helping so much :Wall:

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:28 PM

ONLY 14? So what? So long you want to learn and you can ask - we are all on the same boat!
Posted Image

#10 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:35 PM

ONLY 14? So what? So long you want to learn and you can ask - we are all on the same boat!

really umm cool then have you ever read any of konstantinoses writings?

#11 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:47 AM

Ive read alot where spirits take care of the families the reside with. Tucking the children in at night and such...i guess its possiable.~H
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#12 mish_mash

mish_mash

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:art, drawing, ghosts, paranormal, supernatural, brave little toaster, horror, film, animals, pizza, anthropomorphic, furries, ferrets, fantasy, cars ( the movie)

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:02 AM

hey, don't fprget Patrick Swayzee in that Ghost movie with his magical pottery ability
Posted ImageAme: "MATER! DON'T POKE THE GHOSTLIGHT!"Mater: *Pokes it*Ame: O.o "Idiot..."

#13 Mistteak

Mistteak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:horses<br />animals<br />ghosts<br />this site

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:16 AM

I agree with moon child. These spirits have attached them selves to a place someitmes because of a strong emotional tie, ofter it is not just place memory, they often move about, make changes, try to communicate. I think that if they were searching for something, perhaps it is possible for them to find it again.

Love is a feeling of great magnitude. You can love in lots of ways, it does not mean it just has to be in the boy meets girl way, you can fall in love with a person because of there soul ... with the soul, there are no time or physical boundries.

#14 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:27 AM

Well, speaking from personal experience I find that it is possible for a spirit to fall in love with someone who is living.

For many years, I have had a male spirit that had a particular attachment to me, beginning when I was a teenager. He may have been around before then(I have had other spirits around me during my life, but I never really paid attention to them until I was older) but when I was about 13-14 he made himself known.

He would wake me up if I had nightmares, wake me up from naps if I had overslept(I told this story on a board around here awhile back) and was particularly touchy when I was going to sleep or was asleep (as in strocking my hair, rubbing my back). He is mainly around when I am particually emotional or sleepy (no idea why on this one lol)

Now, I know this spirit for a fact has no family connection to me. I have had no male family (since like the 1800s) who died at a young age(which for him is like 18-25) so I figure he has no connection to me that way. Plus, he just doesn't seem to have that connection to me. Essentially, I never really thought about his connection to me, other than the fact he was around alot and was really helpful.

It wasn't till I was about 17 and in a serious relationship that I realized that he had feelings for me in the love sense. I was staying at my then boyfriend's house, and he woke me up asking me if I had a male spirit that follows me around (he's pagan also so this was nothing to be freaked over). I told him yes, and he said that apparently me staying over there with him had made the spirit angry. My then boyfriend had woken up to a man waking him up, and then glaring at him and essentially looking pretty BAD_WORD and who was hovering over me, as if protecting me from my boyfriend. He also said that he got a really 'angry' vibe off the spirit, and was a bi put off by the feelings the spirit was conveying After this incident, everytime I am near a male that has intrests in me other than friendship, the spirit gets really aggitated and upset.

Also, I just remembered something. When I first moved into the apartment I am in now (which I share with my ex who is the boyfriend mentioned about) I had an incident when I was in the kitchen. i had only been here a week, I was washing dishes when I felt someone behind me. I turned around to see a male (really visible, like crazt visable so much that I thought someone had snuck into my house) and he looked at me with anger and slammed his fist onto my trash can and toppled it over. Freaked me out to say the least...I ran to my room and hid there until I was able to calm down lol I am pretty sure it was him, but since the male was a lot more clearer looking, I was not sure.

I told my mother about this, and she believes that he is my spirit husband (a belief that some Shamans have. It is essentially your 'other half' in the spirit realm, whom you can go through a cermemony in which you marry the spirit with your own spirit) I am not sure that the spirit I have had around me is, but either way, he is really protective over me and lets the males around me know (especially when I am home) that he is not happy with them.

Either way, I am pretty sure that my male spirit has feelings of the loving nature for me. It is a little odd, but comforting in the same way.

I know this may sound a little odd, but hey, life is what happens lol

Edited by nohara_megami, 22 July 2006 - 05:28 AM.

Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:23 AM

That is an intresting experience, Nohara.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users