5 replies to this topic

#1 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Latley in my appartment I have been seeing and hearing spirits at night. Its to the point of my Dogs barking in the middle of the night for no reason. My question is I tried to leave my computer on with its built in web cam. But the issue is I have to leave a light on to even get any picture. To say the least its not working. What can I get either an external web or something to light up the cam on my pc with out a bright light associated with it. Im sorry if I sound confussing . Any one with ideas is much appriciated.
Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#2 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

Go to ebay and pick up a usb powered night vision webcam, they have lots of them very cheap. They will have two limitations, you will get dust orbs since the leds are right next to the lens, and the effective range is only going to be about 20 feet but that should be ok inside a small room. Cheap thing to try, and worth a shot.
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

#3 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

Thanks but here goes a crazy qestion .Are the LED lights very bright? that is my issue im having I want to put it in my bedroom and tried all differnet light sources but cant sleep due to the brightness.. Sorry Im so nieve on this but new to trying to capture something at night. Thanks

#4 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

No the leds are in the infrared spectrum you can only see them if you like an inch away but they just look like a dim glow.
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

You will likely not even see the light directly from an IR LED.

But keep in ind that using IR light is very diferent than visible light. Unless you are familiar with its characteristics there is a very good chance you will misinterpret the results. Consider the fact that many materials react by shifting the wavelength of light. That means that a speck of dust nearly invisible under normal light may glow brightly under IR. Ever see those irridescent T-Shirts that seem to shine under black light? That is a perfect scenario for a false positive, unless you are aware of it and know to discount such evidence.

Lenses are another issue. Cameras intended for visible light do not focus properly under UV or IR because of the differing refraction characteristics. Not saying you can't get clear pictures under IR, but you will need to have a camera designed for such activity, not just a regular camera with a filter attached.

So if you decide to follow through with this count on getting both an illuminator AND camera system if you want dependable evidence.

#6 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

Thank you both for the wonderful help. I will look into all my options. And caverat2 I will look into getting both. I know about "false" positive have had a lot of photos with 'orbs' that are mear dust. Ill keep it posted here if anything comes out of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users