Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

need major help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

~This morning, I woke up around 4:30 & went downstairs. My 19 yr. old son Robert was sitting in my chair, covered up. I had no idea he was there, he actually startled me. He told me that he had a dream that some guy told him "come down stairs Robert, I have a surprise for you". He woke up & went to open his door. Someone or something actually put a screw-driver in this pad-lock thingy on his door, and he could not get out of his room. Now, he has his bedroom down in the basement. He has his privacy down there & he really likes it. He told me this morning that he actually had to take the door off of the hinges so he could get out of his room. I was neither awake or asleep this morning when he was talking to me about it, so I didn't fully understand everything. I told him it'll be alright, to get back to bed. And he did with some hesitation. Then when I did finally wake up & had my coffee, I woke him up to come up stairs & tell me and his Dad what happened. Then fear sat in with me. I went downstairs to the basement & checked all the windows. The spiderwebs were still attached, so no entry there. The mudroom door is a pain in the butt to open, and we keep "Molly", our new puppy out there. She barks uncontrollably at anyone that isn't family. All it would've taken was someone to mess with the door knob & she'd been going off the scale with her barking. So those are the only 2 ways into my basement. I had Robert show me the screw-driver that was in the lock-thingy (it's a piece of metal that you screw to the door, flip this other piece of metal over this "loop" then you put in a pad-lock") and it's defiantely not one of our tools. The name on the screwdriver is "Alltrade". We don't have one tool by that name in this home. And my son doesn't own any tools. I'm so very disturbed by this action. Also today when Todd was gone to a doctors' appointment, I was laying on the couch resting and Tommy was napping, I kept hearing noises in the basement like Robert was down there (he left for work at 9 this morning). I went down there & nothing was out of place...but you'd think differently by all the noises. I'm not scared, but my son is. I just wanted to know what others think I should do. I thought about calling the Police, but I'd already touched the screwdriver, checked all the windows, there would've been nothing they could've done. I already, in a sense, answered all their questions if they were to come over & investigate. I think when it gets darker out, I'm going downstairs & take some pics. Since we've moved into this home, nothing this malicious has ever happened. I just need some advise. Thank you.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

~I also need to add this.....I am a firm believer in spirits, period. But....I don't get this. It's made me question some things. Like, I didn't realize that spirits could lift objects such as a screw-driver & place it in a lock like that. And where in the heck did the screwdriver come from???? There's just no way someone could've gotten into my home though. It seems like a tornado is running through my mind right now...I just don't know what to think. How could this have happened? I've never felt anything bad in the basement before...so why this??? I've always felt this home was watching over us, protecting us. So why the basement??? It's part of the house, isn't it?!?! I just don't know.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:31 PM

Laurie Ann,

There were two things that stuck out for me.

The first, the man said come "downstairs". Robert is in the basement.

The second, why is there a padlock hinge on the door in the first place?

Usually inside you would see either a dead bolt or a slide bolt for security but a padlock? Was it existing when you moved in? How long has your son had his room in the basement? Do you have history on the former occupants of the house?

I do believe that spirits can manifest objects and move them as well.

Seer

Edited by Seer, 09 May 2008 - 09:33 PM.

I am more than my physical body.

#4 crozier

crozier

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:15 PM

Laurie Ann,

Usually inside you would see either a dead bolt or a slide bolt for security but a padlock? Was it existing when you moved in? How long has your son had his room in the basement? Do you have history on the former occupants of the house?

Seer

mark the screwdriver. lock in away where only you have a key. and see if it reappears in the lock. if it does check your hiding place and see if its missing. if its the same screwdriver then something is definetly happening.

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:41 AM

Laurie Ann,

Seer

~Hi Seer....that's a good question as to why there's a padlock on the door in the first place. Since we first moved in & bought the home, the padlock has always been there. Since this is an old home (1880), there's all sorts of hardware on the doorframes that I thought were pretty neat. But I never thought twice about there being a padlock on a door in the basement.
My son has been in the basement for around 6 or 7 months now...maybe longer, but not too much longer. He moved back home before the holidays.
Sometime a couple years back, I went to the local museum & looked up the history of the home because there was so much activity going on shortly after we moved in. Nothing bad, just things that even caught my Skeptic husband off guard. An older couple that had raised their children here had passed away within the home. The old man passed away...then one morning the wife passed away while sitting on the front porch (the neighbor across the street told me that one). Other than that, nothing huge. But I was only able to spend a short time in the Museum. And the phone books only go back to 1890-1900. This morning, I can't remember too much...still sipping my 1st cup of coffee.

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

Laurie Ann,

Seer

mark the screwdriver. lock in away where only you have a key. and see if it reappears in the lock. if it does check your hiding place and see if its missing. if its the same screwdriver then something is definetly happening.

~That's a good idea....but my son refuses to put the door back up on the hinges. I'd feel the same way too.

#7 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:32 AM

My impression was that they (one of the former occupants) were trying to keep someone/something from coming upstairs. Some "family secret" that they tried to keep hidden from the world. It used to be that when you had a child that was "different" they were either kept hidden and locked away or sent away as they were an embarrassment to the family.

Seer
I am more than my physical body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users