western mass...?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 TheTrain22

TheTrain22

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

What's the deal with Pinehill Cemetery in Westfield, MA.?

#17 Ang7

Ang7

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

There were Human remains dug up about 3 years ago on a tabacoo farm and the ghost is in the old Tingly house. Yes, the Haunted House in Southwick is actually haunted. I went to school with the girl who died in the house. I believe that she is also in there. (if you look at the window over the door at night you will see something breathing on the glass and hand prints appear out of no where. Sketchy Crap to see. There is also a full-body apparition seen walking from the barn that is attacted to the house into the field and then disappearing.

My grandmother lives in a house on this road and I have seen a few ghost in this house, and was actually harassed by one. My cousin and I slept over and weren't able to sleep because the ghost of a child was throwing toys at us. I woke up with a bruise in the shape of a fist on my thigh. There have been Voices heared, Full-body apparitions seen, Shadow people seen, and a dead cat walks through the house at night.

I think we've gone to school together, Rob (or, perhaps, a family member), but I'm not sure.

Anywho, I've some info to back up what you're saying about that house - the 'Old Tobacco Farm' one; I've always been told that that's what it's called. Last year...one of my friends, Dani; my sister, and I drove by there and we parked in the mini driveway. We were sitting in the car, when I saw a person's face in the window (from the right side of the house) . I couldn't tell if the face was of the little girl or someone else, but I know I saw someone's face. My sister told me that the little girl (whom you've mentioned) wears a brown dress. Then, yesterday (on my 26th birthday), my sister and I drove by there (again) and I took a pic of the house where I had seen the face in the window (last year) - I don't know if I'm allowed to post the pic, but it was taken by me with my digi cam; if so, I'd be more-than-happy to share.

Rob, if I may ask, how did the little girl die and what was her name?? I went to school, years ago, with a few kids with the last name 'Tingley', but (then, again) it may have been a different family since you spelt their last name as 'Tingly'.

#18 nickcannon413

nickcannon413

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:09 AM

about the abandoned Village in Westfield it was built in the early 50s or 60s from what I can recall. There was this guy who was put on a commission from the state or city to build a neighborhood there but he ran into delays and budget shortfalls and after 4-5 year the city or state pulled the funding from him with the house's having not been finished. From what I have been told the mans wife left him with his child and money and he ended up commiting suicide in one of the housed the road is starting to get so overgrown now its hard to find if you dont know what your looking for. I have only been there once and I never got any negative vibes other then practically having to drive through someones yard to get onto the road. as of now knowing quite a few Westfield police officers the land is considerd public land and there is no penalty for just going to check it out. So as long as your just going to investigate you should have no problems. But keep in mind the houses were never finished so I am not to sure about the structural integrety of them. Kids in Westfield refer to it as White Ninja

#19 jomanda496

jomanda496

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:22 AM

Have you ever been to the abandoned neighborhood in Westfield? It's seriously weird...there's roughly about 10 homes built in a circle way down...it's just past valley view road on City View road right by the shell station...it's hard to find and you have to drive about a mile down a really really bad old paved road...but it's there. I have no idea of the story behind it but it's strange, all the houses are built in a similar fashion and some have obviously been lived in while others look like they were never completed. It set far back from the main road...and it's obviously a homeless hangout...or a party spot. If you know anything about it please let me in on it, I'd love to find out the story.

This neighborhood was built and then was found not to be suitable to finish the houses. Either it was the soil or it was unable to connect to a water supply or something along those lines. I do believe that a few years ago, when I was in highschool (I'm from Westfield) someone did live in one of the houses, because there was always a light on in the house. Definitely a weird sight to see though!!

Edited by Vampchick21, 30 May 2010 - 11:42 AM.
fixed quote tags

#20 TwoCrows

TwoCrows

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

Just on a practical note, make sure you take some precautions if you visit an abandoned site of this type. There may be squatters or others there and they may not give you a warm welcome.

We did a ghost town out west recently and it turned out the site was being used by some very unfriendly folks!

#21 jennpta

jennpta

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm from Southwick MA, Directly south of Westfield. Your looking too fair. Southwick has a ton of places to look for paranormal activity. There was a massacre in 1685 down the street from Laro Road. House down North Long-Yard Road are Loaded with activity.

In the first house right over the line of westfield and southwick (on Pontussic road) there have been Shadow People seen and heard. This was the house that I used to live in. Stuff would be moved on us and our neighbors would complain about the sounds coming from our house when we weren't home.

There were Human remains dug up about 3 years ago on a tabacoo farm and the ghost is in the old Tingly house. Yes, the Haunted House in Southwick is actually haunted. I went to school with the girl who died in the house. I believe that she is also in there. (if you look at the window over the door at night you will see something breathing on the glass and hand prints appear out of no where. Sketchy Crap to see. There is also a full-body apparition seen walking from the barn that is attacted to the house into the field and then disappearing.

My grandmother lives in a house on this road and I have seen a few ghost in this house, and was actually harassed by one. My cousin and I slept over and weren't able to sleep because the ghost of a child was throwing toys at us. I woke up with a bruise in the shape of a fist on my thigh. There have been Voices heared, Full-body apparitions seen, Shadow people seen, and a dead cat walks through the house at night.

Down the road is the old school-house which was converted into a house. The old school teacher has been seen and the beds are always made even though no one had been home all day. My aunt lives in this home.

There is also a native american burial ground at the foot of the mountain in the woods. My cousin and I stumbled upon it when we were hikeing in the woods.

The newer houses do not have as much activity, but the older ones have enough to spare.

#22 bencharles

bencharles

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

The Bridge St. Cemetery in Northampton is haunted. It is the ghost of a lady named Jerusha Edwards. In life was the daughter of John Edwards, the great awakening preacher. After hearing stories about her ghost me and my friend went there at night and found her grave. It is in the old part of the cemerery closer to Rt 9 and the elementary school. We felt a cold spot over her grave and I got a weird headache at the bottom of my skull in the back, which has never happened to me before. We both had iEMF on our phones so we tried to take readings but they wouldn't load. Then we got freaked and ran out lol. Went back during the day and still felt that weird feeling. Soon were going there to do voice recordings.

#23 annie.f.pierre

annie.f.pierre

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Film and TV, documenting the paranormal, supernatural, and just plain creepy.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

The Bridge St. Cemetery in Northampton is haunted. It is the ghost of a lady named Jerusha Edwards. In life was the daughter of John Edwards, the great awakening preacher. After hearing stories about her ghost me and my friend went there at night and found her grave. It is in the old part of the cemerery closer to Rt 9 and the elementary school. We felt a cold spot over her grave and I got a weird headache at the bottom of my skull in the back, which has never happened to me before. We both had iEMF on our phones so we tried to take readings but they wouldn't load. Then we got freaked and ran out lol. Went back during the day and still felt that weird feeling. Soon were going there to do voice recordings.

when are you going back? there's a group of us heading out on a big round trip of a ton of cemetaries soon. with cameras.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users