My talisman rocks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:19 AM

My special rocks:

http://www.geocities...cial_stones.jpg

The pink one has a white bit at the end, like an eye. I haven't tried it in any magic or protection spells, but I know that some native american tribes attribute special powers to such rocks.

The gray one is like a natural stone knuckle. It fits easily in the hand, however I also wonder if it was used for breaking down grains into powder at some time in the past because there's the little teaspoon-sized hollow in it.

All speculation, I know, but I hold onto these rocks because they're different from the usual beach rock.

Any comments on them are welcome.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#2 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

I really like that grey one, Carlotta. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was that it must be a nice "worry" stone--it seems like the way it fits in your hand would be very comforting somehow.

I have two --one is a smoky quartz and the other is an amethyst. I picked them because I just liked how they looked, they just seemed to be the "right" ones.

#3 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:48 AM

I really like that grey one, Carlotta. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was that it must be a nice "worry" stone--it seems like the way it fits in your hand would be very comforting somehow.

It is a comfortable stone to hold, because the fingers seem to wrap naturally around it. I can't remember where I picked it up, but I wish it could talk and tell me how it got its interesting shape.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users