looking for information

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tierney77

tierney77

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

We are a relatively new and small group starting out. Here is list of what we have its not much.
1 digital voice recorder
2 digital camara
1 35mm camera a elph I think
1 sony handycan with nightshot plus that records on tapes

We are looking for advice on items to get that will help up get going. I am thinking of picking up a few IR lights for the sony from amazon. What are some items that can help?

#2 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

It all really depends on where you plan on conducting your investigations in order to make suggestions... But I do have a few that doesn't depend on your locations...

Depending on how technical you are, you can pick up some IR light kits and build them yourself for far less money than it would to buy one, plus the illumination can be better...

Always remember that it's better to have high quality vs quantity of equipment... The higher quality audio recorder, such as a Zoom H2, will give you a much better sound file than a $20 mono recorder you can pick up anywhere... The quality on those recorders is so poor, it's easy to mistake an EVP when one is not really there... The little bit of extra money it costs to acquire this equipment will be better in the long run...

Same thing goes for digital and video cameras...

So where do you plan on investigating???
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#3 tierney77

tierney77

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

We plan on going to a few houses and but mostly outdoors, there are alot of cemeteries, I live NW of Chicago and there isnt much out here. I am thinking a paracorder 667 and a MEL Meter. for a start.

#4 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

Well, if you're going to do outside investigations, I would recommend wind shields for your recorders to cut down on wind anomalie... You'll need plenty of batteries too...

As for the Paracorder 667, I wouldn't depend on that much... While I don't know the full technical aspects of this device, I have found that anything that labels itself as a paranormal device is usually just a gimmick and isn't worth forking out $89 to $110 on... From the videos I've seen, it is interesting, but I personally would like a digital readout so I know exactly what it's measuring and how strong the field is... It tells you it's reading something, but you have no idea how strong or weak it actually is... The "flash light" test was rather interesting though...

I would invest that money into a decent audio recorder... The MEL Meter is a good idea though...

Just my 2 cents though...

Edited by Joven76, 14 October 2011 - 07:27 AM.

PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#5 boatlesspirate

boatlesspirate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Greetings- I'm in NW Chicago and would love to help your team wth some suggestions, way more than I can put in a post.

Please contact me directly ghostgadgetguy@yahoo.com

Michael
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" Sherlock Holmes-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users