The Spirit Box - SB7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:46 AM

Howdy,

I'm about to spend real money on a piece of investigation equipment (instead of cruising the clutter in Value Village). Has anyone used the Spirit Box? If so, were you happy/disappointed with it? Have you tried it another gadgets and preferred the other gadgets?

Thanks in advance,

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

I would assume you mean by "Spirit Box" one of those ghost boxes that take radio signals and assemble them to messages. If so, save your money...

I will refer you to several places on my website where I have addressed the reason why these things, Franks Box, ghost boxes, the Shack hack, and related things don't work and can't work and why. (Click the banner, go to the paranormal DESTINATION, Questions And Answers section...)

#3 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:34 AM

I would assume you mean by "Spirit Box" one of those ghost boxes that take radio signals and assemble them to messages. If so, save your money...

I will refer you to several places on my website where I have addressed the reason why these things, Franks Box, ghost boxes, the Shack hack, and related things don't work and can't work and why. (Click the banner, go to the paranormal DESTINATION, Questions And Answers section...)

I have experienced the Shack hack and found it exhausting to listen to the random words spitting out. I was hoping the spirit box might be better.

Jeff talks about a spiricom in one of his newsletters. Is this easier to hear?
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

it's not a matter of easy to hear, rather it's what you hear and how it's generated. I have built and tested a Frank's box, and have heard the Shack hack. Spericom is simply another version of the same phenomena. All take background noise and some way manipulate it and let your mind play with the result.

I call them all pareidolia boxes, because that's what you are experiencing with them. To date no one has shown me any of them that actually work like they say.

#5 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

I've done the shack hack. Purely for tests. No worries Cave, I know I'm not hearing things. lol I was just curious as to what all the hype was about. Not to mention I actually felt like I had technical skills when I tore it up and put it back to together. You know it's the little things. But anyway, I'm still testing it but really I chalk it up to nothing more then pareidolia. Like the time when we were sitting in the cave and it sounded like the water was speaking to us. Sure these boxes are fun to test but they are really hard to take serious. Just my opinion.

Still testing by the way
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#6 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

Not a thing wrong with duplicating tests; in fact I have done it myself, even to the point of actually building a Frank's Box and doing a series of lab tests on it. That is the scientific method, experiments and results must be duplicated in order to prove facts. And when someone can get a spook box to actually duplicate success then I will have to rethink what I said. But so far none have succeeded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users