Haunted new house?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends, computers, electronics and of course anything paranormal, especially spirits of any kind.

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

We are moving into a house that has been completely renovated. When they did this to the house they found all kinds of clothing from the 1800s and up inside the walls, even some old newspaper clippings. We started moving things into the house to set up and as I was leaving to go out the door and lock it I seen a figure of something in the one room downstairs and then heard footsteps upstairs. After I seen that we went back to our old place and got some more things to take to the house. We got there and I was showing my girlfriend the basement and telling her some things and the light shut itself off while we were in the basement. All I know about the place is that it is an old house and like I said has been completely renovated, maybe something got stirred up or something was already there and just decided to show us that it was. Being that I am into doing investigations I most likely will be looking into this farther. Just thought that I would share it here and get some thoughts on it.
simman

#2 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:37 AM

Sounds haunted to me. Very interesting and good luck with the investigation. Takes lots of pics for us to see.

I would have the house cleanse b4 moving in. But thats just me.

#3 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:43 AM

Sounds haunted to me. Very interesting and good luck with the investigation. Takes lots of pics for us to see.

I would have the house cleanse b4 moving in. But thats just me.

Totally agree with Biada. Lots of pics and a house blessing won't hurt either. The spirit probably just wants to say hello to you and wondering checking out the new owners.

Whatever

#4 eatnama

eatnama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Ghost novels, 19th century gothic novels; books in general, photography

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:44 AM

In our part of the world it was very common to use old clothes and newspaper as insulating material in the late 19th century. I saw a document a while ago of a house built sometime in 1880s and the renovators found old stockings between the walls.
But if the newspapers were really clippings and not just torn pages, there might really be something there.

Did the switch actually turn or did the lights just go off? Was the wiring checked also in the basement?

#5 ryan005

ryan005

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

You could go to your local library and look up information about the history of the house and who built it. Can't wait to here about your investigation. Take lots of pics and try for some EVP. Whirly Dude

Death, in itself, is nothing; but we fear, To be we know not what, we know not where.

#6 FlammingPickleMonster

FlammingPickleMonster

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

We are moving into a house that has been completely renovated. When they did this to the house they found all kinds of clothing from the 1800s and up inside the walls, even some old newspaper clippings. We started moving things into the house to set up and as I was leaving to go out the door and lock it I seen a figure of something in the one room downstairs and then heard footsteps upstairs. After I seen that we went back to our old place and got some more things to take to the house. We got there and I was showing my girlfriend the basement and telling her some things and the light shut itself off while we were in the basement. All I know about the place is that it is an old house and like I said has been completely renovated, maybe something got stirred up or something was already there and just decided to show us that it was. Being that I am into doing investigations I most likely will be looking into this farther. Just thought that I would share it here and get some thoughts on it.

Where are you located in PA??
Bob SchaefferCo-FounderLead InvestigatorBlue Mountain Paranormal Society

#7 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends, computers, electronics and of course anything paranormal, especially spirits of any kind.

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:49 PM

Where are you located in PA??

Lewistown
simman

#8 FlammingPickleMonster

FlammingPickleMonster

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

Little too far for my group, but I suggest contacting an investigation group....
Bob SchaefferCo-FounderLead InvestigatorBlue Mountain Paranormal Society

#9 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

Renovations to a house do stir them up.. Since you are into doing investigations, it will look like you will be having some fun while actually living in a haunted house. Even though renovated and looking like new, old houses still have that creepy old feel to them and spirts lingering too. Let us know if anything else happens. Are you moving in soon??
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#10 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

Renovations to a house do stir them up.. Since you are into doing investigations, it will look like you will be having some fun while actually living in a haunted house. Even though renovated and looking like new, old houses still have that creepy old feel to them and spirts lingering too. Let us know if anything else happens. Are you moving in soon??

We are moving in on August 15.
simman

#11 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:21 AM

simman

From your brief description and information about a recent renovation there could be something there.

The light's in the basement could be a wiring issue or loose bulbs.

Some figures I've seen over the years have turned out to be shadows cast by a moving and disrupted light sources.
Some I accept as something truly being there. The rest I just figure to be a trick of the light I haven't figured out yet.

Ill be looking forward to the results of your investigation.

Best of Luck and be safe.
M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#12 ellenjhill

ellenjhill

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:All things metaphysical

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:01 PM

It seems as though whenever an older home is renovated, it stirs up the spirits who either used to live in the house or on the land that the house was built on. I would advise that you have the house
cleared (ie smudged with sage) & blessed with holy water if possible. You may also have to clear the house yourself regularly to prevent things from getting stirred up again. It's not a hard thing to do, I clear my own house on ocassion. I just make sure that I'm the only one at home when I do it. Just walk through every room in your house, starting in the basement & finishing in the attic (if it is accessible!) Clench your right fist 7 say the following loudly: in the name of G-d, Christ & all the Masters, I command all negative entities to leave now, I command that you go to a sphere of light where you can evolve! Walk through the whole house saying this , loudly like you really mean it. Go through every room on every floor. You may feel somewhat silly doing this but it works. Once you command the negative entities to leave they must, it's natural law. I would have the house smudged & blessed by professionals first. Consider the included instructions for maintenance. Good Luck!

Peace, Love & Harmony,
Ellen

#13 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

We stayed overnight lastnight at the house, being as we are still moving things in and setting things up. Night was ok besides hearing walking upstairs, we all slept downstairs. Being as it was somewhat warm lastnight we left the windows open. It got cold earlier in the morning so I got up and closed them. With that being said my girlfriend told me she got up around 3 am to close the windows and I told her I closed them earlier. She also told me that she closed the kitchen window along with the living room windows, where we were all sleeping and I told her that it was open all the way when I got up and I closed it. I think they like to play tricks and hide things because we were using a screwdriver the other day and the next day we looked for it, but it wasn't where we left it and we still haven't found it. Thought I would share and if more happens, will let yous know. Thanks.
simman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users