• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:30 PM

OK. I live in NJ. THere is this street that is called Clinton Rd. bout thirty minutes away. It also known as Devils tree. Legend has it that this is where the KKK in the NOrth came to meet and perform lynchings in the past. there is a waterfall there and legend has it that if you throw a coin in, at certain times, the "waterfall" will throw the coin back at you. A LOT of people have sadi that a lot of negative enrgy is there, and to be extremely careful if investiating there. Before i go investigate there, i wanted to know if anyone else had more info on this place. Thanks
[U][SIZE=14]If the minimum wasnt acceptable than it wouldn't be the minimum

#2 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:32 PM

I'd take Holy water with me.
Posted Image

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:39 PM

Here's a link from Weird New Jersey about Clinton Road

http://www.weirdnj.c...es/_roads02.asp

And, interestingly enough...a link from Wikipedia....

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Clinton_Road

One from a website called Lost Destinations

http://www.lostdesti...com/clinton.htm

Another site called The Unquiet Tomb

http://www.unquietto...lintonroad.html

And from Today's Cacher

http://www.todayscac.../oct/caches.asp

Hope these help in giving you the information you are looking for!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 Ghost Hunter 28

Ghost Hunter 28

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:23 PM

I am so going there. Im only in high school, so i hope whatever sporirts there take pitty on people younger the 17. I will probably be taking a cross and some holy water with me. Also a camera. Anyone know any p[rayers or sayings that will protect me?
[U][SIZE=14]If the minimum wasnt acceptable than it wouldn't be the minimum

#5 spirit23

spirit23

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:20 PM

OK. I live in NJ. THere is this street that is called Clinton Rd. bout thirty minutes away. It also known as Devils tree. Legend has it that this is where the KKK in the NOrth came to meet and perform lynchings in the past. there is a waterfall there and legend has it that if you throw a coin in, at certain times, the "waterfall" will throw the coin back at you. A LOT of people have sadi that a lot of negative enrgy is there, and to be extremely careful if investiating there. Before i go investigate there, i wanted to know if anyone else had more info on this place. Thanks

I was on clinton rd last week. My friends and I threw coins over the bridge, but not quarters- nothing. However several strange things occured. A black pickup truck passed us just as we were running back to the car from the bridge (running cuz I heard the truck in the distance) the same truck passed us leavng the road. Thing is we went to end of road and turned around. The truck passed us as we were going into the rd and than as we were leaving it passed us. Long story short the truck passed us going into the rd as we were leaving which meant he circled around so that he came back in the way we initially came. was creepy but not as weird as what else happened: When we were first going down the road to get to the end there was a lake on the passenger (right) side of us. Now comming back down after we turned around to go back the lake should have been on the drivers (left) side of car. Guess what: it was on the passengers (right) side again! Legend says this illusion only occurs if you go to end of road and then turn around and go back. This is why we came here initially. My friend told me lake changed sides. I didnt believe him, until I saw it with my own eyes.

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:23 PM

Very intresting, have anyone in GV conducted real investigation here?
Posted Image

#7 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

Here's a link from Weird New Jersey about Clinton Road

http://www.weirdnj.c...es/_roads02.asp

I read the articles from the above link and this Clinton Rd. is very spooky. omG, imagine getting a flat there at night?

#8 Jamieayla

Jamieayla

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

I've heard a lot of stories about phantom cars/trucks following cars and even trying to box them in or drive them off the road. I'd be careful where and when you drive on that road if I were you spirit23.

#9 sokardo

sokardo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

I used to live on clinton rd. near the route 23 side. My friends and i used to play all sorts of games in the woods near the rd. I am a grown man now and moved away from that home, but to this day and most likly the rest of my life i will never go into those woods alone. I do think that some parts of that road should be avoided if u are sensitive to the supernatural. I have have seen and heard first hand many scary things on and near that road. I will share a few with u.

1. I was 13 years old when my friends and i went to play laser tag up near clinton resavoir. we had found a place that used to be a town in the old days but was long abandoned since they covered most of it up with the water. I chose an old shell of a building as my fort for the game and from the moment i stepped into it i felt uneasy, they only word i can use is dread. There was what seemed to me to be an old well or something behind it but it was filled with stone with just enough room to slip down maybe 3 feet. well as the day went on i kept hearing things, women voices but they where from none of my fiends. (only boys in our group). i was wondering where they came from so i went looking and i relized they where coming from the well or in its area. i affraid and felt cold.. i ran as fast as i could to find my friends so we can leave. they did not believe me but we left anyway. for 3 days or so i did not go outside.

2. when i was 18 i was driving from RT. 23 side to the warwick turnpike side in the afternoon. when i was a black man..not an african american... i mean a totaly black thing that looked like a man.. it looked like it was made of shadow, but more robust. standing in the road.. i did not stop because it was not the first time i seen something like that.. i have seen it before once in my room when i was a kid getting rdy for church in my mirror. I only remember the because its eyes. you could only see its eyes, they where red. just red. i could not see the other parts because when i turned around it was gone. I have no idea what is was ( anyone know please reply)

I do think that whole area is spooky, but like i said i think its more if you are sensitive to it...

hoped you enjoyed this post i have more strange tales from my childhood on CLINTON ROAD.

Jess

#10 GhostBird

GhostBird

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

I'd be very very carefull...me and 4 of my friends went to clinton road. we wanted to try everything! first off we did the quarter trick...at frist we heard something...everyone was going crazy...but my friend admitted he did it...but then exactly a minute later we heard another coin drop on the road...and it wasnt my friend...we traveled to the castle....me and 1 of my friends got rlly sick and we started puking...we all got the urge to go worship satan...we ran back to the car...and this black pickup truck passed us 2xs....we finall decided to leave...but first we decided to try one more thing...we turned the headlights off. and we saw figures and ghosts and stuff passing uss...some were on the window staring at us...so we flored it out of there...and lastly we saw a figure with bright yellow and red eyes staring at us on the side of the road...we saw a black pickup truck behind us following us with no lights on...once we left the road completely he turn around and put his lights on...

#11 VaGhostKid

VaGhostKid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

I don't know how accurate this info is, but I heard that Indians still live around that area. So you might want to take caution of things other than the paranormal. Good Luck if you do Investigate.

#12 emweb

emweb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

I used to live on clinton rd. near the route 23 side. My friends and i used to play all sorts of games in the woods near the rd. I am a grown man now and moved away from that home, but to this day and most likly the rest of my life i will never go into those woods alone. I do think that some parts of that road should be avoided if u are sensitive to the supernatural. I have have seen and heard first hand many scary things on and near that road. I will share a few with u.

1. I was 13 years old when my friends and i went to play laser tag up near clinton resavoir. we had found a place that used to be a town in the old days but was long abandoned since they covered most of it up with the water. I chose an old shell of a building as my fort for the game and from the moment i stepped into it i felt uneasy, they only word i can use is dread. There was what seemed to me to be an old well or something behind it but it was filled with stone with just enough room to slip down maybe 3 feet. well as the day went on i kept hearing things, women voices but they where from none of my fiends. (only boys in our group). i was wondering where they came from so i went looking and i relized they where coming from the well or in its area. i affraid and felt cold.. i ran as fast as i could to find my friends so we can leave. they did not believe me but we left anyway. for 3 days or so i did not go outside.

2. when i was 18 i was driving from RT. 23 side to the warwick turnpike side in the afternoon. when i was a black man..not an african american... i mean a totaly black thing that looked like a man.. it looked like it was made of shadow, but more robust. standing in the road.. i did not stop because it was not the first time i seen something like that.. i have seen it before once in my room when i was a kid getting rdy for church in my mirror. I only remember the because its eyes. you could only see its eyes, they where red. just red. i could not see the other parts because when i turned around it was gone. I have no idea what is was ( anyone know please reply)

I do think that whole area is spooky, but like i said i think its more if you are sensitive to it...

hoped you enjoyed this post i have more strange tales from my childhood on CLINTON ROAD.

Jess

hi there - im producing a television special on clinton road. if you are interested in telling your story on camera please call me 646.381.1332. - emily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users