Connecticut?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jibidus

jibidus

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

Hi everyone. My name is Scott. I've recently rekindled my interest in the paranormal and am using this site as a jump off point.

First, allow me to apologize beforehand if this is not the proper topic for this board. I'm interested in working with a local Connecticut group, prefer something in Fairfield County or within that area, but I drive for a living so the location isn't of much importance.

My current "goal", if you will, is to gather information regarding the "frog people" of Danbury/Bethel, CT. I've not been able to gather any information from exhaustive internet searches and asking locals is usually received by either a laugh, the middle finger, or some response like "get the hell out of here", "they don't exist", or some combination of the above.

Any information someone could point me to would be very much appreciated. Whether they are indeed what local legend paints them as or a colony of lepers or whether they exist at all.

You can respond here or send me a PM - whichever you'd prefer. Again, I appreciate any and all information.

And lastly, I just want to say that I am not seeking to photograph, videotape, or record in any way whatsoever these so-called "frog people" (which I find very difficult to refer to them as.) I have a fascination with "deformed" people and spend a lot of time working with people whose physical appearance isn't "normal." I'm not a doctor, I'm not looking to "save" anyone. I just talk to them and listen. It's mainly curiosity. So again, much appreciation and thanks to anyone who can offer any information.

#2 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:17 AM

Scott,

I too am a nutmegger, very interested in local legends. The only time I have heard of the frog people is from Joe Citro's books on Connecticut. I think it was weird new England. I honestly think that many of our New England legends are rumors or minor incidents of misunderstanding blown up and out of proportion. However if I do come across anything I will be sure to contact you.

Good Luck in your quest.

-Pfled
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#3 robert4040

robert4040

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

Scott,

I too am a nutmegger, very interested in local legends. The only time I have heard of the frog people is from Joe Citro's books on Connecticut. I think it was weird new England. I honestly think that many of our New England legends are rumors or minor incidents of misunderstanding blown up and out of proportion. However if I do come across anything I will be sure to contact you.

Good Luck in your quest.

-Pfled Scott, Sorry, don't know anything about frog people. In connecticut? Sounds like something from a less politically correct past, if you get my drift. I'm in Fairfield Co., Norwalk. If you want to consider the more practical ghost hunting, lets hook up. Would like to find others interested in investigating the paranormal and not in a group as of yet. Robert :ghost:

#4 nq13

nq13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:WE ARE ANONYMOUS
    WE ARE LEGION
    WE NEVER FORGIVE
    WE NEVER FORGET
    EXPECT US

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

Hello Robert and others of CT!!! My name is Natasha and I live in Rockland County, NY (Lower Hudson Valley, NYC suburbs). Anyway I'm not that far from Fairfield, CT and have been trying to get a group of investigating together in the Tri-State area. I have the time, the desire, and I'm more than happy to help spring for whatever equipment we might need. I've done a lot of research, but never any field work and I'm practically biting at the bit to go out and do some investigating.
If any of you guys are interested PLEASE Let me know. Any opinons, help, advice, instruction, ideas, I'm game!!!! We are not that far considering I see posts from Antartica and towns in the USA that I can't even find on a map.
I'm interested in joing or should I say forming a group and I hope you guys will give me a shot.
Blessed Be
Natasha npq13@hotmail.com
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 10thmuse

10thmuse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

Hi everyone. My name is Scott. I've recently rekindled my interest in the paranormal and am using this site as a jump off point.

First, allow me to apologize beforehand if this is not the proper topic for this board. I'm interested in working with a local Connecticut group, prefer something in Fairfield County or within that area, but I drive for a living so the location isn't of much importance.

My current "goal", if you will, is to gather information regarding the "frog people" of Danbury/Bethel, CT. I've not been able to gather any information from exhaustive internet searches and asking locals is usually received by either a laugh, the middle finger, or some response like "get the hell out of here", "they don't exist", or some combination of the above.

And lastly, I just want to say that I am not seeking to photograph, videotape, or record in any way whatsoever these so-called "frog people" (which I find very difficult to refer to them as.) I have a fascination with "deformed" people and spend a lot of time working with people whose physical appearance isn't "normal." I'm not a doctor, I'm not looking to "save" anyone. I just talk to them and listen. It's mainly curiosity. So again, much appreciation and thanks to anyone who can offer any information.

Hi Scott,
I don't know anything about frog people . Sounds very interesting. I just moved here from CA. My husband was transfered here. I am in Shelton currently. I am looking to join or gather a group of like minded folks. So count me in I believe we are close Fairfield County is where I am..I think.

So let me know and another woman answered my request to start a group from New York but she says it isn't too far. Shelton is like 40 miles from NY City I believe?

Fondly,
10thmuse

#6 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:22 PM

Hi Natasha and 10thMuse,

While I have done some field work over the last four years I am afraid it has come to a staggering halt. With work (trying to stay employed) and a two year old, I don't get much time to get out there and investigate.

My suggestion to you is start out small. Find a place, and study it. It can be a park, or building, something public, just to hone your skills. I chose the ruins at Gay City State Park. In the past 4 years I have learned more about what isn't paranormal than what is. For example, if you really want to get into EVP work. Go out with a recorder and just record an hour or so, inside or outside doesn't matter. Then listen to it. It is amazing how much you don't notice around you at the time, but sounds like evp or voices on tape. My first outing I was amazed at hearing this odd hauntingly human humming on the recording. Turns out, on my second visit, I figured out it was the sound of the hydraulic arm on a door.

If you are into photography, go to a local cemetery and just take pictures, 100 or so. BTW always try to take simultaneous pictures of the same thing in succession. It helps in determining what anomalies could be.

Just some ideas to start you off.

Good Luck!

-Pfled
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#7 10thmuse

10thmuse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

Hi Natasha and 10thMuse,

While I have done some field work over the last four years I am afraid it has come to a staggering halt. With work (trying to stay employed) and a two year old, I don't get much time to get out there and investigate.

My suggestion to you is start out small. Find a place, and study it. It can be a park, or building, something public, just to hone your skills. I chose the ruins at Gay City State Park. In the past 4 years I have learned more about what isn't paranormal than what is. For example, if you really want to get into EVP work. Go out with a recorder and just record an hour or so, inside or outside doesn't matter. Then listen to it. It is amazing how much you don't notice around you at the time, but sounds like evp or voices on tape. My first outing I was amazed at hearing this odd hauntingly human humming on the recording. Turns out, on my second visit, I figured out it was the sound of the hydraulic arm on a door.

If you are into photography, go to a local cemetery and just take pictures, 100 or so. BTW always try to take simultaneous pictures of the same thing in succession. It helps in determining what anomalies could be.

Just some ideas to start you off.

Good Luck!

-Pfled

Thanks Pfled,
I am trying to put together study groups for psychics not necessarily ghost watchers. I was interested in something I found that suppossidly happened in Derby Conn? Hell Haunting but can't find stuff on it???

Thanks for your advice and I may venture into that area, parapsychology, somewhat someday. I have had many experiences and still do but I prefer to stay on the light side. Even with communicating...I don't want to talk to disembodied beings. I have much more enlightebning things to learn and do then send someone into the light. I am greaful people do it and help us along when we run ino them but I don't focus on them so they rarly bother me. Now if I walk inot a place that has hot spots or whatever I immediatly pick up on it. But I brush it off and move on or ask them to go away I want to speak to someone different.

I am interested in an ything anyone can tell me about Derby please though.
Thanks for your reply and nice to meet you,
10thmuse

#8 twilightangel1

twilightangel1

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Well for obvious reasons, one of my biggest interests are the paranormal. Iv lived with it through most of my life and I have always been facinated by it. Knowing from a very young age that it wasnt something to fear, but to accept. Im also A HUGE history buff(american history) I live in New England, one of the most haunted areas in the nation and I love learning about local legends as well as legends all over new england and New York.

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:40 AM

Hey fellow nutmeggers! Im facinated by New England legends especially here in Ct where there is some of the most interesting. I am from central CT and iv been interested in joining a group also. But iv been unsuccessful in finding one. Some arent accepting new members and im not sure where or how to start. If anyone has any ideas id love to hear them.
Posted Image"You can sleep sweetheart, ill carry you." -twilight

#9 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:17 AM

Hey fellow nutmeggers! Im facinated by New England legends especially here in Ct where there is some of the most interesting. I am from central CT and iv been interested in joining a group also. But iv been unsuccessful in finding one. Some arent accepting new members and im not sure where or how to start. If anyone has any ideas id love to hear them.

I'm not sure where in Central CT you are, but I got started with Greater Hartford Paranormal Society, through the website meetup.com. They have not been the most active group, but it sounds like they are getting back into the swing of things. You might want to check them out.

-Pfled

#10 twilightangel1

twilightangel1

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Well for obvious reasons, one of my biggest interests are the paranormal. Iv lived with it through most of my life and I have always been facinated by it. Knowing from a very young age that it wasnt something to fear, but to accept. Im also A HUGE history buff(american history) I live in New England, one of the most haunted areas in the nation and I love learning about local legends as well as legends all over new england and New York.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:45 PM

I'm not sure where in Central CT you are, but I got started with Greater Hartford Paranormal Society, through the website meetup.com. They have not been the most active group, but it sounds like they are getting back into the swing of things. You might want to check them out.

-Pfled

Im actually from the Bristol area. Thank you so much for the tip. Im defenitly going to check them out!

#11 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:29 PM

Im actually from the Bristol area. Thank you so much for the tip. Im defenitly going to check them out!

Not sure if you been there yet, but from what I have heard Federal Hill is a hotspot. A member of GHPS lived there and he said the energies were amazing (he was semi-attuned). If you haven't done so, check this area out.

#12 twilightangel1

twilightangel1

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

Oh my goodness. Thats so interesting because i actually live on federal hill in bristol. It is suppose to be one of the oldest areas in Bristol. I have also have heard about that. I would love to investigate up in this area sometime. The apartment i live in is a very old house but i havent had any unusual expierence here. But there is a really old factory not far from here on just the out skirts of federal hill that is supposedly very haunted. My brother use to work there at night and he would have the eeriest things happen to him..or hear really weird things.

#13 AFerri

AFerri

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

Any information someone could point me to would be very much appreciated. Whether they are indeed what local legend paints them as or a colony of lepers or whether they exist at all.

You can respond here or send me a PM - whichever you'd prefer. Again, I appreciate any and all information.

I grew up in Bethel and have heard very little about these frog people until recently. My mother's friend casually mentioned the frog people and told me that they were the Veeches and it was caused by years of inbreeding. The since passed Ikey Veech was some what of a Bethel Celebrity due mostly to the snot always hanging from his nose and his pestering people to buy wreaths.

This article mentions ikey http://www.zwire.com...=...13848&rfi=6

#14 P.A.R.A.A.

P.A.R.A.A.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation and Research, Psychical Investigation and Research, Demonology, Religion, Metaphysics, New Thought

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hello All,

For those of you who are interested in Joining a Group in CT, WE are located in the New haven County.

Here is a recent add we ran,

P.A.R.A.A., The Paranormal Activity Research Association of America is currently interviewing for entry level members. The Paranormal Activity Research Association of America is an organization devoted to the study of paranormal phenomena primarily in, but not limited to the New England area. We are a group of researchers hailing from various backgrounds with a vested interest in the paranormal from a FORTEAN perspective.

Our aim is to study unexplained occurrences that happen in the New England AND abroad areas with the aid of a variety of scholarly approaches: anthropological, cryptozooligical, folkloric, historical, parapsychological, religious, sociological, as well as a host of other methods. In summation, We approach the paranormal from a Fortean perspective, with a lean on violent hauntings (Demoniacal Activity), while maintaining the open-minded attitude necessary for such research.

During the course of our research into the paranormal activity claimed, we will seek to substantiate or dispel whether or not the activity being experienced is paranormal. From the outcome of this analysis, we will then determine what correct course of action is merited for the particular situation. There is NEVER any cost for our services and all investigations are kept confidential.

Our Team is equipped for, and has conducted the following: (a Few Examples)

Paranormal / Psychical Research and Investigation,
Exorcism both Minor and Major
Angelical Research and Investigation

We are recruiting for the following Positions:

Investigators-The investigators of P.A.R.A.A are responsible for the collection of evidence, hands on in experiments conducted in the field, immediate analyzation of the paranormal phenomena being experienced with an eye of the skeptic.

Scribe- Each investigation team is assigned a scribe. The scribe takes detailed notes of sightings, instrument readings, essential and detailed notes of the investigation.

Historian - The Historian is not one that is active in leg work during an investigation but digs up and provides the investigators with as much detailed information about the site / situation/ person etc. to be investigated. The Historian may be called upon at times during the course of an investigation to gather information about specifics uncovered during the investigation.

Technician-The Technician is responsible to maintain, set up, supervise, and handle, all equipment. The Technician also acts as the teams documentarian recording the course of the investigation. The technician will be capable (after training) of spotting possible phenomena during the duty of reviewing all evidence captured during the course of the investigation.

Our Ideal candidate will have a passion for the Paranormal, courteous, drug free, and NOT AFRAID OF THE DARK! (Yes this has happened before with others). We are seeking both Men and Women 18 and over with a decent level of maturity. If you feel you fit this criteria and wish to set up an initial interview with P.A.R.A.A.s directors, please visit http://nebprs.webs.com and check out our site. We will be updating it weekly. If you like what you see, Email us with you name and age, a brief introduction of yourself and why you are interested in Paranormal Investigation, and a method of contact, we will promptly contact you to set up a mutual time and place to meet.

Looking forward to talking with you soon.
Rev. Jason (The Paranormal Preacher)Director; Paranormal Activity Research Association of America (P.A.R.A.A.)"Fear of the unknown is only lack of information"P.A.R.A.A. websiteParanormal Preacher's BlogPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users