i don't know if .........

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 tris

tris

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:anything that goes bump in the night, that or anything that freaks people out i am kinda obsessed with

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:37 AM

ok i don't know if it is true or not but is there such thing as a weather witch or a persone who can controll the weather to a certain extent?

#2 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:07 AM

Yes there is. I have known them and have watched them work. It is very freaky to watch them work

I lived with a guy who had a pretty amazing control on the weather. I have seen him stand on the balcony of an apartment building and call up a strong wind on breezeless day. I have seen him call up rain on a cloudless and sunny day.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:01 AM

It was Mystic Hippys fault that we got all this rain in the UK grrrr!

Ive never really had any experience with it but Im sure there is some who can control it.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:03 PM

I think its a rare skill or ability, but I too have heard it's possible. I'm trying to remember the name of a witch/author who did it back in I think the 60's or 70's...I actually have her book (given to me by my ex-stepmother-in-law), but the name is escaping me right now.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#5 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

What an interesting idea - and one that has been around for a long time. Please post the author's name and the title when you remember it Vamp. I would love to read that.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#6 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

I'll see if I can find it tonight. The book is on one of my bookshelves (either that or in one of my book hidey spots). It was really interesting, if I remember aright, she actually did it for a television show.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#7 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:34 AM

If we are talking 60's and 70's, the only author on magick that had any notoriety at all I believe was Sybil Leek. I read her book Diary of a Witch in 1976 at the age of 12. I didn't start practicing witchcraft until 1991, but that book certainly implanted the seeds which would later sprout.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:44 AM

If we are talking 60's and 70's, the only author on magick that had any notoriety at all I believe was Sybil Leek. I read her book Diary of a Witch in 1976 at the age of 12. I didn't start practicing witchcraft until 1991, but that book certainly implanted the seeds which would later sprout.

That's the one! Thank you, it was driving me insane! I knew the name started with an S, but nothing more than that was coming to me.

So, it's Diary of a Witch by Sybil Leek. Thank you again ravenhectate!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#9 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

I remember a set of phots from the 70's where an older man simply pointed at a cloud and within seconds you watched it disappear! Then he just walked off like, ho hum!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#10 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:16 PM

Yes blame Mystic Hippy I agree, he even told me he was going to do it !!!

#11 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for the book and author. I'm headed to the library tonight so I'll check to see if they have it. This has me intrigued.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#12 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:39 PM

Yes, there are people who can do it and it is apparently a quite rare telekinetic gift. Someone with the gift can't just change the weather completely randomly, however... the conditions have to be right. There really is no calling up a huge storm in the middle of a drought with no humidity anywhere for miles... but on a day that all the elements are there and simply haven't come together... it's fairly easy for someone with the gift to do so.

I recently researched this for someone on another board (they were interested in something that was said and couldn't find any information)... google Storm Calling and Aerokinesis. They will give you an idea of what can and can't be done with the gift as well as show you (because there's not a ton out there that's serious research/from people who can do it) how rare the gift truly is.

#13 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:04 AM

ok i don't know if it is true or not but is there such thing as a weather witch or a persone who can controll the weather to a certain extent?

*raises hand*
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#14 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:13 AM

Yes, there are people who can do it and it is apparently a quite rare telekinetic gift. Someone with the gift can't just change the weather completely randomly, however... the conditions have to be right. There really is no calling up a huge storm in the middle of a drought with no humidity anywhere for miles... but on a day that all the elements are there and simply haven't come together... it's fairly easy for someone with the gift to do so.

Speaking from experience, I'll have to disagree with you. There are several people around this website who can verify that it is possible even where droughts are the daily fare. Mark has already spoken up in reference to the UK. Perhaps Bear Dude will tell you about what happened in Australia with one of the members of our news server or a few other locations.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#15 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

Speaking from experience, I'll have to disagree with you. There are several people around this website who can verify that it is possible even where droughts are the daily fare. Mark has already spoken up in reference to the UK. Perhaps Bear Dude will tell you about what happened in Australia with one of the members of our news server or a few other locations.

Well, I was speaking from personal experience as a storm caller. I was trying to not claim it because I'm not a very active member and not known on this particular forum (and therefore could absolutely be full of it). It has to feel right. You can have high humidity in the air even in the middle of a drought... note I also added "with no humidity around for miles". People who can't do it don't know what the conditions have to be to be able to do it and don't notice those changes that make things go from not possible to possible. It has to be possible for someone to be able to do it... that does not mean it's got to already be cloudy and thundering and getting ready to rain... just that the elements are right for creating that.

Even in areas that have minimal rain each year... the elements can come together to create a rainstorm... otherwise there would be no natural rain there at all. There is still humidity in the air sometimes, there's still electricity in the air sometimes. You can feel it there and you can feel it coming. The year that I realized I could do it was a severe drought year where I live... our major river had dried up to a trickle that you could jump over (it's normally 100 feet wide and 50 feet deep)... there were still the elements in the air, however... they were simply not coming together on their own. I am sure this is what has occurred in the instances you've cited... though to be sure, I'd need enough information to actually look at the individual cases. I was speaking from the base, instinctive knowledge that storm callers have and trying to be circumspect about it. That is my fault... I should have either explained it more fully or not said anything at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)