Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Ghost Image from Devil's Den at Gettysburg?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 ghostsofgettysburg

ghostsofgettysburg

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:53 AM

Hi, all.

My opinion, which isn't worth a dime, but here it is......

I would say that this is, to my eye, a real person. I KNOW that Laura said the person wasn't in the photo when she took it, but there are possible explanations. First, it could have been a youngster who wandered away from the group. The person may not have been in photographer's view when she put the camera to her eye as it was possibly behind the rock, walking forward, and at one point emerged from the cover of the rock just as the photographer snapped the pic. In the original photo, this person/ghost was at some distance and not easily discernable until enlarged, making the forementioned scenario possible. say that person is walking forward,...now, mentally back he or she up say ...5 steps, and they would have been hidden behind the rock, as it is taller than them. The photographer could not have known they were behind there, and it is possible that they walked forward and emerged from the cover just as the shutter opened.

That being said, the Den is one of the creepiest places on the Battlefield. ...though I would say the top honor for creepiest goes the back Wheatfield area(near the Loop). Second is Big Round Top.

I live here in Gettysburg, and spend alot of time out on the battlefield. In all my jaunts, I have had quite a few "weird" experiences, and have a few odd photos...... but nothing solid, nothing where I can actually say I have seen an apparition. And while I have not been fortunate to see one, I believe there are others who very well may have. This particular photo, though, just looks too much like a real person to me. Too much definition/detail, and too much substance......in other words, it's just too solid, the colors too deep, and the detail too vivid.

#47 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:40 PM

I just have to tell everyone that devil's den has some heavy vibration there. this may sound silly but hug one of those big boulders there. I did and the vibes that came through me was like nonother. I felt fear and sadness. I couldn't hardly pull myself away from it, But I could feel energy coming from it. It left an impression with me that is hard to explain. It is a very sad place.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#48 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

Temporaraly moving this to the B.O.M.

And I agree with you Secretsign. Devils Den is a powerul place. The whole battlefield is full of energy but Devils Den is especially powerful. The other spot I think equal to that is the angle, high water mark etc.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#49 cyqe

cyqe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 07:49 PM

Laura N, I read here all of the time, but I very seldom post. I just wanted to say that I really love this picture. I see lots of pictures that are obvious fakes or matrixing, this one didn't strike me that way, and when I looked at the close up, I actually got chills.
Anyway, it's a great pic, Congratulations!

#50 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:44 AM

Hi, all.

My opinion, which isn't worth a dime, but here it is......

I would say that this is, to my eye, a real person. I KNOW that Laura said the person wasn't in the photo when she took it, but there are possible explanations. First, it could have been a youngster who wandered away from the group. The person may not have been in photographer's view when she put the camera to her eye as it was possibly behind the rock, walking forward, and at one point emerged from the cover of the rock just as the photographer snapped the pic. In the original photo, this person/ghost was at some distance and not easily discernable until enlarged, making the forementioned scenario possible. say that person is walking forward,...now, mentally back he or she up say ...5 steps, and they would have been hidden behind the rock, as it is taller than them. The photographer could not have known they were behind there, and it is possible that they walked forward and emerged from the cover just as the shutter opened.

That being said, the Den is one of the creepiest places on the Battlefield. ...though I would say the top honor for creepiest goes the back Wheatfield area(near the Loop). Second is Big Round Top.

I live here in Gettysburg, and spend alot of time out on the battlefield. In all my jaunts, I have had quite a few "weird" experiences, and have a few odd photos...... but nothing solid, nothing where I can actually say I have seen an apparition. And while I have not been fortunate to see one, I believe there are others who very well may have. This particular photo, though, just looks too much like a real person to me. Too much definition/detail, and too much substance......in other words, it's just too solid, the colors too deep, and the detail too vivid.

Then what does an apparition look like at his/her fullest manifestation stage? What you see here is maybe that! Remember, when people have witnessed an app. most of the time they are not caring a camera with them. Then they will tell you that it looked like you and me. It looked so real. Maybe this is a spirit at his full manifestation stage. It is a interesting photo. Dave
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#51 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:53 AM

Wow, is from me! That is the best I can say! Even if it is an optical illussion, the close up looks so solid. And, how certain can we be if optical illussions are not some other plane by itself?
Posted Image

#52 Montshannon

Montshannon

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:44 PM

I've seen lost of pictures but who's to say what it actually there or not.
All I can say is what I experienced there in person. This is a true story and even though it was about 10 years ago it remains fresh in my mind.
We went to Gettysburg on the way back from a Job Interview down in VA. We had our three children with us. We took the "Guided Tape" tour and stopped at the Devil's Den. This was one of the spots my husband wanted to see. He went ahead to go up into it with my son and daughter. I stayed back with my little one who was 3 1/2.
As we were walking along the road where the car parking was I noticed a soldier coming out from the woods to the right of all the parking spaces. I was shocked to see someone coming out of the woods there. It was a bright beautiful day.
I figured that he was part of a reeactment group and said to my daughter "Look Missy a soldier." she looked and pointed at him. He was dressed in a full Union uniform the only thing that took me strangely was that he had a pouch drapped across him which he held dearly. He was such a good looking young man. Tall, Blonde and maybe about 19 or 20. He had such a beautiful face!! He was looking directly at me but he was still in the woods and hadn't made it to the road yet. He looked totally normal...Like you and me..No haze, mist or anything...
We went to go find the others and I yelled to my husband to come meet me. I told him that there was a soldier behind us in full uniform. We looked and looked but found nothing. Considering there was only one way out of there on the road,we didn't see anyone get into a car and leave. We kept looking but nothing. There wasn't a reeactment group anywhere in that area for the day.
Needless to say from that point on it dawned on me that I had indeed seen a ghost there.

#53 southernchick

southernchick

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:23 PM

I have lived in Gettysburg for 10 years and have spent alot of time in the battlefields. I have seen and heard alot of things that I can't explain and have a entire scrapbook of pictures with all types of anomilies in them. Devils Den is great but if anyone has the time go to the Wheatfield that field has a feeling to it that can not be put into words, and that feeling lasts for hours after you leave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users