2am Bumps

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Irish614

Irish614

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Music! I live for music, I love making it and when i'm not making it im thinking of new ways to play it haha. Also am very intouch with my surroundings believe in ghosts and spirits, and that when you die a violent death I believe your trapped here until your set free, Not a believer in god but i do believe there is something out there.<br /><br />Check out my bands website- www.losttransit.com

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

Hey guys, recently I have started hearing loud bangs in my house anytime from 2am-3am there might only be 1 or 2 bangs then I don't hear it anymore. But it is happening almost on a nightly-bi-nightly basis. My girlfriend has been sleeping over my house for about 2 weeks, we are the only ones here. I've lived in this house all of my life- I am 21 now, there have been 2 people that I know of that have passed away in this house this house was built sometime around the early 1800's originally. A couple years ago when I was still in high-school there was paranormal activity, whispers and cold spots but nothing too freaky. We brought rosary's and holy water into the house and the activity stopped. Well now I have a feeling it's back again. We are in my room upstairs when we hear these bangs. I couldn't tell you where they are coming from because it's hard to tell but it sounds as if something is knocking a heavy object on the floor, I go down to investigate and there is not one thing out of place. I seriously look in every nook and cranny to see what could have made that noise, the only thing I can replicate the noise with is when I stomp on our living room floor(which is carpeted) to get that loud boom.
We do have a dog but every time that noise occurs he is up here in his bed, with our door shut and locked. I know I am not crazy because my girlfriend hears the same noises I do. Tonight it is just me and my dog sleeping home tonight, my girlfriend is going home to sleep so we'll see if it happens tonight. It's not that I'm scared but you know when your home alone and you hear it, it's def. different. Another thing to add when I go downstairs to check on the noise I heard, my dog comes with me- although he doesn't seem to think anythings wrong, in fact when I hear the boom he doesn't even budge like he normally would. Any thoughts?
"And Shepherds we shall beFor thee, my Lord, for thee.Power hath descended forth from Thy handOur feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to TheeAnd teeming with souls shall it ever be.In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."Posted Image

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:58 PM

~I wonder if it has anything to do with old pipes in your home. The pipes here at my home (built 1880) does the same thing...and it's only creepy when I'm here alone. Thank you for sharing your experience too!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 Irish614

Irish614

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Music! I live for music, I love making it and when i'm not making it im thinking of new ways to play it haha. Also am very intouch with my surroundings believe in ghosts and spirits, and that when you die a violent death I believe your trapped here until your set free, Not a believer in god but i do believe there is something out there.<br /><br />Check out my bands website- www.losttransit.com

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:47 PM

~I wonder if it has anything to do with old pipes in your home. The pipes here at my home (built 1880) does the same thing...and it's only creepy when I'm here alone. Thank you for sharing your experience too!!!

could be but I don't think so, We remodeled the house from its original state, and ran all new piping and duct work. Maybe I'll be brave tonight and sit down here around 2am. :) haha
"And Shepherds we shall beFor thee, my Lord, for thee.Power hath descended forth from Thy handOur feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to TheeAnd teeming with souls shall it ever be.In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."Posted Image

#4 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:13 PM

I would suggest, if you plan on sitting around until the wee hours, that you set up a tape recorder as well. Maybe something more than just bumps going on there!! Good Luck! :)
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#5 Irish614

Irish614

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

My girlfriend actually ended up staying over and we watched a movie in my room- 2 am rolls by and there was nothing to be heard, then 2:46am hits and we heard the BOOM. really weird, I'll have to set up my video camera down there and place it on night vision.

#6 gaia227

gaia227

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:I am an animal lover and proud mama of two beautiful kitties, love and respect the earth and it's inhabitants, I am trying to do my part as far as reducing MY effect on the earth, global warming, animal habitat destruction, etc - don't own a car use mass transit, recycle, donate money and time, learning to become more energy effcient-that kinda thing.<br />I am interesting in social/political issues and tend to be pretty opinionated about it. Mostly my interests with that lie in the plight of third world countries living in the shadow of 1st world industry super-powers....fun, huh?<br />On a lighter note I love to read, love crossword puzzles, a strong cup of Earl Grey tea, a little bit of a history buff, obviously interested in the paranormal, love a good ghost story, music is a big part of my life, love going to the theater, museums, I love old things-anything that has a good history behind it intrigues me, collect old photographs of NYC, use to fancy myself as a writer but starting to rethink that.<br />On an academic level my interests are in Anthropology, Archaeology, animal science/behavior, social/political philosophy-Marxism.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:53 AM

Is it possible it is not coming from inside the house? Something similar happened to me a few years ago and it turned out the city was dynamiting an underground waterway. They were doing it at night so they would not disturb traffic flow, etc.
When they are that far underground the blasts can come through muffled so it doesn;t sound like dynamite and it can also make it hard to distinguish where it is coming from. You could call the city just to make sure they aren't doing some late night work.

You could always take Rayzrwyre's advice and set up a little investigation of your own. It is interesting it just recently started happening. Has your family done anything recently that would rouse the spirits? Sometimes redecorating or renovating can cause activity to start when it wasn't there before. Does this new bout of activity coincide with the previous activity as far as time frame or dates? Maybe you could do some research and see if any significant events happened, who and when occupants died, that kind of thing.

#7 Irish614

Irish614

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:26 PM

Is it possible it is not coming from inside the house? Something similar happened to me a few years ago and it turned out the city was dynamiting an underground waterway. They were doing it at night so they would not disturb traffic flow, etc.
When they are that far underground the blasts can come through muffled so it doesn;t sound like dynamite and it can also make it hard to distinguish where it is coming from. You could call the city just to make sure they aren't doing some late night work.

You could always take Rayzrwyre's advice and set up a little investigation of your own. It is interesting it just recently started happening. Has your family done anything recently that would rouse the spirits? Sometimes redecorating or renovating can cause activity to start when it wasn't there before. Does this new bout of activity coincide with the previous activity as far as time frame or dates? Maybe you could do some research and see if any significant events happened, who and when occupants died, that kind of thing.

hey gaia227 thanks for your reply. That is a good question it may be outside but it sure sounds like its downstairs. I am 100% positive there is no dynamiting going on, I live in a residential area far away from any highways and behing our house is a creek, so we have a big bank behind our house that leads out to the water. We have not done any renovations in the house, we did however a month or so ago finish the inside of our garage- which is not attached to the house. The other activity that happened before happened when I was in school and I believe it was around March, Aprilish? I don't recall the exact month of when it happened before. As for the deaths in this house as far as we know them- My great aunts son passed away in this house he was young and saw his mom coming home from work and ran to the window and crushed his adams apple. The other person that passed away was my grandmother or my great grandmother I'm not sure she died in what is now our kitchen. This house was owned by someone outside our family when it was first built then my family purchased it sometime in the 1900's and we have owned it ever since. I will have to post some pictures of the area I live in, next door is an old brick building which is now apartments, back in the day behind our house used to be a storage barn for that building next door, this area was called Factory Village- the brick building next door used to be the paper mill around 1866 and what is now my house, was the barn holding the supply's for that mill. There also used to be a trolley that ran parallel with the creek and delivered supplies to and from the mill. Pretty cool history, this whole town is bustling with history- If you get a chance check it out it's called Ballston Spa NY- run it in your search engine and you'll see some cool stuff- General George Washington frequented this area for the springs we have.

#8 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Hi Irish

Would love to hear the results, and whether you get an EVP or a recording of the bang.

Im gonna sit on the fence with this one for now

Good Luck :)

#9 gaia227

gaia227

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:I am an animal lover and proud mama of two beautiful kitties, love and respect the earth and it's inhabitants, I am trying to do my part as far as reducing MY effect on the earth, global warming, animal habitat destruction, etc - don't own a car use mass transit, recycle, donate money and time, learning to become more energy effcient-that kinda thing.<br />I am interesting in social/political issues and tend to be pretty opinionated about it. Mostly my interests with that lie in the plight of third world countries living in the shadow of 1st world industry super-powers....fun, huh?<br />On a lighter note I love to read, love crossword puzzles, a strong cup of Earl Grey tea, a little bit of a history buff, obviously interested in the paranormal, love a good ghost story, music is a big part of my life, love going to the theater, museums, I love old things-anything that has a good history behind it intrigues me, collect old photographs of NYC, use to fancy myself as a writer but starting to rethink that.<br />On an academic level my interests are in Anthropology, Archaeology, animal science/behavior, social/political philosophy-Marxism.

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:09 PM

[/quote] The other activity that happened before happened when I was in school and I believe it was around March, Aprilish? I don't recall the exact month of when it happened before. As for the deaths in this house as far as we know them- My great aunts son passed away in this house he was young and saw his mom coming home from work and ran to the window and crushed his adams apple. The other person that passed away was my grandmother or my great grandmother I'm not sure she died in what is now our kitchen. This house was owned by someone outside our family when it was first built then my family purchased it sometime in the 1900's and we have owned it ever since. I will have to post some pictures of the area I live in, next door is an old brick building which is now apartments, back in the day behind our house used to be a storage barn for that building next door, this area was called Factory Village- the brick building next door used to be the paper mill around 1866 and what is now my house, was the barn holding the supply's for that mill. There also used to be a trolley that ran parallel with the creek and delivered supplies to and from the mill. Pretty cool history, this whole town is bustling with history- If you get a chance check it out it's called Ballston Spa NY- run it in your search engine and you'll see some cool stuff- General George Washington frequented this area for the springs we have.
[/quote]

I will definetly look it up. I live in NY too but I live in the City. I have actually been keeping my eye out for places in-state to getaway too for a long weekend and I love historical places.
As for the little boy who died - what a terrible accident! The sudden, tragic death of a child seems like a prime suspect as far as a haunting is concerned..........is it possible the noise you hear could be the impact of a face or body hitting a surface?

Your house sounds really interesting with a lot of history behind it. It reminds me of my grandparents house which was built in the 1800's by my great-great grandfather and it is still in the family. It was a stop on the underground railroad so there are secret passageway's and an underground housing room. As a teenager my mother heard a voice coming from that room and she said it asked her very clearly to "help me, please god help me." There was a lot of other activity that went on in the house and the joke was that at least they were all family.

Do you have a tape recorder? I would def. use it and see what you can catch.
Good luck and keep us posted

#10 Irish614

Irish614

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

quick update- heard noise after I got out of the shower last night- checked the clock it was 2am on the dot lol- I am waiting to get cables to recharge my video camera or else I'd be able to set up the camera to pick up stuff, and I don't have a tape recorder :angry:. I'll keep you guys posted. Maybe I'll set up a computer microphone on the downstairs computer and try and record it.

#11 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

Im gonna sit on the fence with this one for now

:Spaz:
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#12 THE DARK RAVEN

THE DARK RAVEN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

About The two people that passed away there. I wonder the times of their passing?
Was it around the same time your hearing the noises? Might be worth checking into.
Just a thought.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore, While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. "'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door Only this, and nothing more." Edgar Allan Poe Posted Image

#13 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:03 AM

I agree with the idea given by Ray, to record or film, take pictures of that place and see if you get something... I will sit on the fence too, and wait for the results :Spaz:

Good Luck

Flormarina

Edited by Flormarina, 11 July 2007 - 04:04 AM.

Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#14 Irish614

Irish614

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:13 AM

haha after the silence for the last couple of nights my girlfriend and I were sitting in my room waiting for it to happen around 240ish and nothing happened- it seems as if when we are downstairs around the original time of the sound, nothing happens. Then when we aren't around it makes its presence known. We have not had the central air on for about 2-3 weeks now- we have ruled out that being the noise, we were sitting upstairs watching "good eats" on food network, and then all of a sudden we heard the loudest boom we have heard to date- it sounded like someone knocked over a guitar amp and a pa speaker at the same time- I'm not pulling your legs here- it was the loudest noise I have heard here. Immediately I ran downstairs with my dog girl friend and my trusty old paint ball gun to investigate the noise- I even went down into my basement with my gf and my dog, at 330am to check if it was happening there and there was nothing, I even provoked them to make a noise while i was there. I don't have a tape recorder yet and I am waiting on my video recorder cable to charge my cam corder to use on this phenomenon. It really wakes your senses up after not hearing it for a couple days to hearing it with vengeance a couple days later- If there is anyone in my area that does ghost hunting- feel free to use house as an investigation site- I live in upstate NY. Contact me through here.

#15 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:01 AM

I think we are all waiting for your camcorder to get it's act together. LOL

Can't wait to see what happens with it.

Blessings,
Angie
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users