• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

All right, we all "believes" in some power out there, which is referred to as God. I thought we could have an informative discussion in this?

Here are a few points which can get us started!
~ What name(s) do you use to refer to God?
~ Does God has a gender? Is God a He or She or both or neither?
~ Is there a possiblity of the existence of multiple Gods?
~ Is there an entity as God? Or more like an energy field?
~ Have you had any personal experiences with what you would call God?

:) I shall post my stance later on.
Posted Image

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

Interesting questions Moonie. Here are my answers:

I call god god and no other name. God has no gender, god is beyond gender. I see god as love, knowledge, compassion, all things. It is so hard to explain.

I think different entities can see different facets of god, but it is one god.

I have had experiences with ghosts and spirits and angels, but I have never heard that still, small voice.

Now you, Moonie :)
petunia4998

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

All right, we all "believes" in some power out there, which is referred to as God. I thought we could have an informative discussion in this?

Here are a few points which can get us started!

:) I shall post my stance later on.

The following are my beliefs regarding the questions posed:

1. As a Christian, God is God. Under old Testament God was refered to using various proper names, however in the Christian faith God is considered Three in One, i.e. Trinity. (Triune God) That is God The Father, God the Son (Jesus christ) and the Holy Spirit

2. Male, i.e. God refers to Himself as the Father in scripture. Christ also refers to Him as Father.

3. No. Numerous scriptures discuss this possibility specifically.

4. The Trinity allows for both. Clearly God the Father and Christ are physical beings, however the Holy Spirit, one third of the trinity is Spirit by definition. Three parts making one God.

5. As in unexplained and definitive miracles, no. But I do believe that God may manipulate circumstances to promote certain results. We also need to be aware and willing to respond when these occur.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#4 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

What an awesome question, Moon:D
-I think of God as Energy so She/He can appear to be anything.
-God is a parent, willing to let us learn from our own falls/blunders, letting us find that inner strength to stand, dust ourselves off and move on (though sometimes its years and years later before we do
-Maybe God is the God of our universe, if so there are other gods and maybe an over-god to oversee all the universes
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

Well, reading back it is not only an interesting question, but also hard to answer.

Having born, raised up as a Hindu, there are various names that we use to refer to God. For me personally I use the name Durga, or simply Amma which means Mother.

No, God do not have a gender, according to the Hindu belief and my personal experience and awareness, God is just that. I define God as "that which exists by itself, that which contains in everything and everywhere yet cannot be contained and cannot be located".

No, but God does take up whatever form so as to serve the purpose of God's own existence. As my previous answer states, everything IS God. Or rather, everything have God's presence.

God, to me is an energy field. This primordial energy manifests as matter and assumes various forms for various purposes, hence various "Gods". In effect it is all the same.

Yes, various.

Now to address the unity in diversity aspect, just like I call my mother as Amma in my native tongue, another calls as Mother, yet another as Ma, or Mom, or Mommy...... it all refers to one and the same. So whatever name you give to this super-conscious energy, it is all the same. Time to crumble down the religious barriers - which ironically was built for political reasons.

Namaste!
Posted Image

#6 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

Beautifully phrased, Moon
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#7 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:59 PM

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is a Christian sect within the Mormon denomination.

Mormonism teaches a Godhead composed of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost as opposed to the Holy Trinity of mainstream Christianity. Elohim is a sacred name of the Father and Jehovah is a sacred name of the Son. We generally reserve use of those names to sacred settings. We generally use the same title names as what you find in Christianity (Lord, Creator, Lamb of God, Lion of the Lord, etc).

Mormonism teaches that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are all male. The Father is married, as is the Son, but I am unaware of any official stance regarding the Holy Ghost's marital status. The spouses' names are too sacred to write here.

Mormonism believes in "one eternal round" which means that our Father in Heaven has his own heavenly father and so on. We do not claim to know how far back this goes or even how it started.

In Mormonism, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghosts are actual entities. Our first Prophet (Joseph Smith Jr) described them as Personages. The Father and the Son have physical bodies (though immortal), while the Holy Ghost has a spirit body only.

I have received audible answers to some of my prayers, and I have seen the Son in my mind's eye.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

I have received audible answers to some of my prayers, and I have seen the Son in my mind's eye.

How awesome! Blessed soul.

I am sure a spiritual aware person will get such assistance and guidance, I for one, have similar experiences.
Posted Image

#9 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

Moonie, this is such a great subject because it gives me more insight on religion and trying to figure out my own "thing". I respect all religions, but have yet to have any answers questioned....but I don't lose any sleep over it either.

Actually I don't have any name(s), I just call him God.~ Does God has a gender? ~Is God a He or She or both or neither?
I've always been raised to believe that God was a He...so thats the picture I have in my own mind, that God is a He.

I honestly think so. Yet, is there a God for the other planets besides Earth? Just wondering...

Hmmmmm....I believe it can be either, depending on the individual and their own personal experiences. To me, I think it could be more of an energy field...kinda.

I have numerous experiences that I believe someone had a hand in....but my first experience was when I was 10, I did something that I got into trouble for (can't remeber what it was). But my step-mom swore she'd tell my spank-happy father about it when he got home and she sent me up to my room. I heard the car pull up, and he came into the house. I prayed to God that i wouldn't get a spanking, prayed hard. He came up those stairs, opened up my bedroom door.....and told me to not do that (whatever it was that i did) again. Thats when I honestly thought God really did exhist and answered prayers.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#10 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

I'll try my best here,

What name(s) do you use to refer to God?
God, Divine one, ground of being, breath of life (ruah),

Does God has a gender? Is God a He or She or both or neither?
God does not have a gender. People assign a gender to God because we are unable to think in genderless terms. I also think the energy of both genders is within God.

Is there a possiblity of the existence of multiple Gods?
I think there are spirits that, in the past, may have been given "god status." I don't think they are "gods" though.

Is there an entity as God? Or more like an energy field?
I am moving away from theism so I will be voting for energy field

Have you had any personal experiences with what you would call God?
I find God in the love I have for my family. If God is love and love is beauty and beauty desires manifestation, then God is beauty and God desires manifestation.

Edited by Cryscat, 12 October 2010 - 08:32 PM.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#11 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:13 AM

Verry interesting indead.... Many concepts and thoughts to take in consideration..

The name I refer to this is: The Allknowing, Unknown, Unversial Conscious Supreme Being which can be referred to as GOD..

My thoughts on this is like possitive and negative; Oppisites do attract so there fore must have both yet neither because two make up the one..

I believe so...Enities with engeries similar to the Supreme Being acting as an extention to do it's bidding..(Sending messages,collecting souls,etc..) I believe there was some life forms before humans where lesser Gods ruled things like wind, air, water,love, etc... with an over seeing Supreme Being capable of giving and taking away these abilities.

Humm... A question Moon stated in a different context...LOL...I believe there is a Supreme Being (ENTITY) which is made up of engery both negative and possitive ions which attract and hold supreme over all matter and lesser engery... It is a field that is rarely seen except when the soul reaches maxium knowledge and is allowed to return to the main sourse..

I must say yes to this one Moon..They are too numerous to state..

This be the Spirtitual side insite I was looking more to read about...
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#12 headknocker

headknocker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:44 AM

I just finished reading Kenneth Ring's fascinating "Lessons From the Light" about NDE's. I highly recommend believers and non-believers to read it. It's quite a read.

I know two people who had a NDE and what they told me was eerily similar to many of the cases in this book.

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:10 AM

Namaste headknocker, could you share more about the NDE's experiences you know? Would be interested to know more. Thank you.
Posted Image

#14 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

What name(s) do you use to refer to God?

I call my Gods by many different names, depending on the sseason and the reason I am appealing to Him/Her. The names I use most often are Hecate and Loki, as they are my primary Goddess and God.

The Creator is neither Male nor Female and both at the same time. God is all things to all people. In my opinion God appears to an individual in a manner in which that particular individual can accept. Sort of like how God appeared as George Burns to John Denver in the Oh God! movie. Maybe not that extreme, but that is the idea.

To me, that force which we call God is so large and so complex that the human mind cannot fathom it in it's entirety. I equate knowing God to learning a complex chemical process, such as the Kreb's Cycle, which is process by which the human body, through a long chain of chemical reactions, takes glucose to manufactures energy for cellular function. To fully understand the entire Kreb's Cycle, one must break it down into each individual chemical reaction that occurs. Once each part is studied and understood, one can put it all together and understand the process as a whole. God is like that..for us humans to understand that creative force in it's entirety, we break it down into parts, give that part a name and a face even. All Gods that are, have been or ever will be worshipped are merely different faces, different parts of the whole. To deny any part of God is like taking one of the chemical reactions out of Kreb's Cycle. If you do that, the the whole process breaks down and the cells, and the body will die.

God is an energy field which has the ability to manifest in a physical form. Or as a burning bush, or whatever we are best able to handle the manifestation.

Yes, I have had many numerous personal experiences.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to the paranormal,secret societies,fast cars, busty women, human behavior, reading, painting, art, magic/magick(high or low),withchcraft/wicca,candles and hot tubs. Just ask, if you are curious and want the truth, not what you want to hear.

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

Give me something concrete to go on and I'll write a book. The whole notion of "what is God"?, as defined by mere mortals, just sometimes makes me laugh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users