Haunted Olde Towne in Portsmouth, VA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chris robinson

chris robinson

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:25 AM

I live in a very historic and haunted part of Virginia called Olde Towne Portsmouth. It's on the east coast of VA. We actually have a ghost walk on Halloween. We start at Trinity Church graveyard where we are then captured and held by "musketpoint" by several confederate soldiors that walk us through many more haunted sites. Some of the buildings date back to the early 1700's. Many of the ghosts died of the yellow fever epidemic of 1855.

There is also the original Portsmouth Naval Hospital which was converted into a meternity hospital. It is very old and spooky. We have lots of military (naval) people here and many of them have encountered a ghost baby on the 4th floor of the old hospital. The floor is closed to the public now but I always look up at the windows when passing by the place hoping to catch a glimpse of something.

http://virginiaghost...nted_travel.php

http://www.juiceenew...d_virginia.html

Above sites full of ghost stories.

#2 Roxie Z

Roxie Z

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:17 PM

Sounds like fun in another town named Portsmouth! I would love to attend a performance like this! :headbang:
Bestselling Local Author & Proprietor of New England Curiosities Tours & Events. Experience local legends, lore and mystery. New England CuriositiesPosted Image

#3 vernonw1

vernonw1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:48 AM

Wow! I will have to check out Olde Towne...I live in nearby Suffolk and have yet to check out the old houses etc. down there. There are really some beutiful old homes, etc...many of which I am sure are haunted.

Just moved up around a year ago from North Carolina and still exploring.
"When you let beauty and peace sink into you, dissension and strife begin to look like sheer insanity. Everything that people make a fuss about seems unimportant " Anne Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users