Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Have you ever seen shadow people?

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Poll: shadow people - do they exist and what are they? (220 member(s) have cast votes)

Do shadow people really exist?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How do you explain the shadow people phenomenon?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:40 AM

I have seen them with the naked eye as well as captured one on videotape. That was the most fun, seeing that we had actually captured it and gained the proof of their existance.

As for what they are? I believe that they are simply another form of manifestation of a ghost. Nothing more really, just how they can choose to manifest. I know, it sort of takes all the "spookiness" out of it but that is just my humble opinion based upon my experience agree or not.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 Guest_Crone_*

Guest_Crone_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 05:55 PM

I've seen them twice in my home. They didn't alarm me, or frighten me at all. I think of them as spirits in yet another form.

#18 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:39 PM

Never seen one, but I've heard of them plenty of times before. For me, spirits seem sort of vapory, or flashes of light. It's hard to describe, but they don't look like shadows.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#19 Moregan

Moregan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:07 AM

I think it's possible that shadow people are a different kind of a spirit's manifestation. Maybe it's in between orbs/ectoplasmic manifestations/vapour and full-bodied apparitions. It could have something to do with the energy level of the spirit. High energy level = full-bodied apparition or moving objects, medium energy level = shadow person or voices, relatively low energy level = orbs, ectoplasmic manifestations or vapour
It could be even possible to change a shadow person into a full-bodied apparition through an increase of its energy levels (for example: spirits seem to feed on battery power).
I really would love to see a shadow person myself and find out what they really are...

header-object.png

#20 MIKE O

MIKE O

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Bible prophecy, ghosts ,ufo's ,psychics I've never been <br />married . Love to make new friends just to chat, since I'm <br />all alone. I have no family.

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:17 AM

HBO did a special on crystal meth. One guy had been smoking and up for days.
When are you going to sleep? his girlfriend asked? When I see the shadow people,
he replied.

#21 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:00 AM

HBO did a special on crystal meth. One guy had been smoking and up for days.
When are you going to sleep? his girlfriend asked? When I see the shadow people,
he replied.

Hi Mike, I was wondering if you are saying that you don't believe in shadow people and think that if someone sees them they must be on drugs? I was wondering if you could clarify a bit on your post, thanks.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 Moregan

Moregan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:18 PM

You should have a look at this: photo of a shadow person

That's really creepy! I wonder if it's real...

header-object.png

#23 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,954 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:31 PM

That's really creepy! I wonder if it's real...

:ghost: creeeeeepy, yeah!

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#24 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:31 PM

I don’t know if those pictures are real or not, but the second picture on that page looks quite similar to the many times I’ve seen a shadow person in motion. I have seen them floating in the air, similar to the first picture, just not in a human form. Also, the shadows I have seen have taken on clearer edges, even in motion, than whatever was captured in the first picture. But, that is just what I have experienced. If real, that first picture may have been taken as the shadow’s energy was “fading,” hence causing the blurry edges.

:ghost:

Viv

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 02 December 2006 - 04:33 PM.

#25 missylou

missylou

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:I love all things outdoors.Gardening,fishing,hunting,horse-back riding,swimming,bugs. I also enjoy reading,writing,arts,crafts,woodwork,sewing,watching movies,cooking,etc.

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:52 PM

They're just Bodachs.
Missy Reyes

#26 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:37 PM

I do believe that shadow people are indeed spirits just in their own different form. I think when they have enough energy to be somewhat normal they are able to do this.

I have seen shadows of people in my house for years. My daughter tells me who they are and they are the same spirits we have always had. There is nothing sinistar about them at all. I honestly believe that spirits can and will take on many different forms. They are capable of confusing us, scaring us and they can visually manipulate us in many ways. Imagine being just a form of energy able to move about with free will.
Capable of changing our shape as we move about.

The photo above I think is a true catch of one. I have seen them just like this before too.
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#27 crystalb

crystalb

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:The Murder City Devils, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, rock n roll, punk rock, ghosts, chocolate and my dog.

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:49 PM

Those are interesting pics. Kinda freaky. The way I have seen my shadow girl is as if she was a normal person, like you and me, walking around as if she was alive, yet, she has no features. All she is is a shadow, black mass. And its weird because even though she doesn't have a face, I know she was looking at me.
For some of us it's a long way from the cradle to the gravePosted Image

#28 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

Do you think shadow people can be people we have known or are they always strangers. I hope I made sense. It just seems like when I hear of shadow people, they seem never to be familiar family or friends that have passed OR maybe it's just because they are featureless??

#29 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:34 PM

I believe they can be. Just not always this lifes family or friends. They seem to be older spirits, sometimes they are guides waiting to help you. Sometimes I believe they are perhaps just lost spirits looking for a place to be. I also believe they can be even ones from the home or whatever, that just wish not to be fully known. I have experienced spirits that were not ready to communicate or are very shy or just don't know how to communicate come in this form. So the possibility of them being family may be very true too.

We have had many different types of experiences with spirits in our home and in our travels. I do believe they are harmless, just different in appearance and energy and even personality.

I believe they can be. Just not always this lifes family or friends. They seem to be older spirits, sometimes they are guides waiting to help you. Sometimes I believe they are perhaps just lost spirits looking for a place to be. I also believe they can be even ones from the home or whatever, that just wish not to be fully known. I have experienced spirits that were not ready to communicate or are very shy or just don't know how to communicate come in this form. So the possibility of them being family may be very true too.

We have had many different types of experiences with spirits in our home and in our travels. I do believe they are harmless, just different in appearance and energy and even personality.
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#30 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:22 PM

Leslie makes some good points. Yes, shadow people can be our relatives who have passed on. As I mentioned earlier, my uncle showed to me once as a shadow person. I believe my resident shadow person to be, most likely, just a lonely spirit who liked me enough to follow me from my last apartment.

And, as Leslie mentioned: they do change forms. My resident shadow person "Harry" shows himself in many ways, most typically as a black orb or vague shape. But, I've also seen him take on a vaguely human shape, as well, complete with hat.

I can understand why some are frightened of shadow people. Harry loves to flit about and I have an inkling he’s followed me outside the apartment, as well. I could see how that flitting about could be disconcerting to some people as shadows typically move very fast before they can really be identified. I know now that I must acknowledge him if I see him or else he’ll typically keep up his antics if he feels ignored. ;)

When I saw my uncle, he was a distinct human shape. I knew it was him because he was sending me visions of himself when he was alive shortly before he showed himself in real life as a shadow. I could also feel his comforting presence which was uniquely him.

One thing I’ve learned is that spirits typically like to be acknowledged, even with a “hello” or “how are you?” They can be a lot of fun if people try communicating with them. I just start up conversations with Harry and he’ll usually show himself within a few days.

:)

Viv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users