136 replies to this topic

#1 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 17 January 2004 - 07:40 PM

I have been having strange dreams lately.  Some of them come true right down to the way that I have dreamt them.  The last one that I had like that really bothered me.  I dreamt that I was driving down the road and the driver side of the car hit a cement wall.  This dream has really bothered me.  Has anyone else had dreams like this?
Peace, love and happiness always!

#2 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 11:13 PM

yeah, i'bve had dreams where I'm hit by a train, and live, but lsoe my voice... because of this, I'm terrified of train crossings.

#3 hippiecowboyco

hippiecowboyco

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 12:31 PM

Since I was a young boy, such prescient dreams.  Sometimes, I've become physically ill when events did not play out according to the dreams (many are recurring, and more never come to be).  Sometimes, there's been a mentally audible 'snap' when there's been a divergence.
No explanations, only support for you...
"Itso-ye"

#4 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:50 PM

I'm pretty darned good at dream analysis,if I know you. Dream imagery represents different things that are happening in your life.

As SecertSign said this yesterday "Don't tell anyone your dreams until after you have eaten breakfast otherwise they will come true." Well, I don't necessarily believe that cause I never eat breakfast.

OK so first, Karen Sue, your dream is obvious that you are at a stalemate in your life. Are you bored with your job, or can't decide in what direction you want to go next? Or do you feel out of control with your current situation and want to move on?  I would tend to think it is a career situaton and not a personal/love-life sitaution.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#5 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:57 PM

OK Unlce Bunny, here's my analysis of your dream, tell me if you think it is true. The "being run over by a train' is you current work situation. Do you feel like you're being " railroaded" by your bosses.? Do you feel like you are being runover by your bosses or by another person/ The losing your voice is because you feel you can't speak up for yourself, and can't express your true feelings..You are a pawn...I am again feeling this is work-related, not personal....
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#6 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 02:09 PM

well, I've had that aprticular dream, for years, regardless of where I work... strangely enough.. I was just run off my last job, due to long hair....what's wven odder, is I've had those same dreams, while awake, and once, while sitting at a railroad crossing....I was going to cross, the gates were up, and I didn't see lights, and WHAMMO!
my larynx is crushed, and I'm rendered mute. it's the same dream over, and over again... I do know, when my time comes, it's going to be at the hands of a train. just not for a long time yet.

#7 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 02:23 PM

UnkleBunny, I don't think you need to be worried about really being hit by a train. I really just think it is the insecurity you are feeling about the business you're in. The not seeing the lights until the train hit you was another sign of insecuity in your line of work.  Again you're larnyx crushed is a sign of you're  helpless and not being able  to speak up for youself..

#8 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 04:39 PM

My life is going fine.  I am a full time college student and I work just weekends.  I am very happy with my life.  I was almost side swiped by a guy not paying attention to where he was going.

#9 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:14 PM

Okay, I'm gonna go against Whisperish tradition and go with a basic Freudian approach, to an extent, sometimes an image is just that, the cigar is just a cigar or sometimes its a rehash of something you saw in waking, a newsreport, even a scene from a movie that subconsciously you might think, God,
that'd be horrible. On a less clinical note, KS, it could represent a fear of paralysis or stagnation.

UnkleB, WOW...very intriguing. If I may? The muteness struck
me as odd, especially since from what little I know of Native American Medicine, a great deal of its sung, so maybe
a phobia of making a lapse in judgement*not recognizing the signs or a matter of pride*with very lasting consequences.

Just my take, guys,
Whispers
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#10 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 10:17 PM

to be honest whispers.. I do have this fear of losing my voice..... just something, somewhere... in the back of my brain, I'm convinced, I'm going to become mute, or soemthing....
    Bridget darling, as helpful as you're trying to be, I do recognize a warning dream, from a normal one, as I have them all the time..... I have this dream, even when i was running my own company.... I think it may stem from fear of trains, and of losing my voice... I also know it don't help I once witnessed a drunk driver try to beat a train, and miss. I was the car behind him.

#11 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 05:00 AM

OK Unkle Bunny! I was just blabbering last night. You are probably right.  I think that witnessing someone get hit by a train is pretty startling and traumatic. Do you think that is what triggered the train dreams, or did they start before that event?

And KareSue, again I was just blabbering, I'm glad everything is going well in your life!

#12 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 06:03 AM

I dunno, I'm thinking she was closer to the truth than either one of you two (Karen and Unk) would care to admit.  She's talking about our deepest fears and of course they have a tendency to come out in our dreams which is our psychies was of dealing with it.   What is uncomfortable to deal with while we're awake and we ignore it will be dealt with while you're asleep.  One way or another your mind will deal with emotional issues.  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#13 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:30 AM

hawk darlin', I'm not meaning to be rude... I have jsut come to grips, with the fact, that I live with being a walking omens and portents machine, and most dreams like that, I tend to take differently.... I do have the usual naked in school, and such.... but as said otherwise... my dreams are soemthing entirely different, than most. especially the dreamscapes, and the creatures, in them. I am perfectly willing to discuss them, and will take it to another thread, if wanted. Bridget,dear you weren't blabbering...you were telling us, what your experience tells us our dreams read out as.... I can't help my dreams don't listen to reason....hehe

#14 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for the Freudian view Whispers!!  This dream has scared me so much that I don't like to drive anymore.  I am supposed to be checking out a school at the end of the month and I am thinking about cancelling the trip.

#15 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 09:39 AM

I understand Unk!  And I appreciate your directness, THANKS! ;)  I just wish I had dreams to remember.  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users