• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#31 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 03:26 PM

Here's one, some of you may know my brother died almost 19 months ago...I was talking to my step-mom tonight about ghosts and such and she mentioned that his best friends mom had a dream that he walked into the beer distributer her parents owned (he used to work there) and she asked him if he was ok, he just nodded and left...all the dreams I have had of him he doesn't speak, my daugher has had dreams and said she's seen him (as has my son) and he never talks and my best friend had a dream with him in and he never spoke...so I asked my step-mom about her dreams, and again he never speaks...not sure if I want to ask my mom about this.  Any idea what this may be about?
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#32 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,954 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 January 2004 - 07:30 AM

my dad passed away 19 months now, his last days were just horrible. i have had felt his presence often in the earlier days. in dreams too at times. initially all the dreams, he was kinda in his last days, so tired, so weak, but the last two i had, he had recovered, healthy. dont quite remember if he spoke anything, but i guess there is a hidden meaning in the dream. yet pondering though.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#33 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 08:09 AM

Hi, Masque,
Hmmmmm...I wonder. You know I've always kind of felt that a spirit may be bound by their own preconceptions of what death is, why they're there and how spirits are supposed to act. I've known a few spirits who did the whole silent thing
*LOL*Kind of the whole Ghost of Christmas Future mojo going on, ya know? They point, they nod/shake their head...I'm really kind of surprised he didn't speak to you or your children though since he was closest to you. If I may ask, my friend, was there any severe kind of trauma to his throat
or larnyx in the accident? I know its a moot point since he no longer has one...just looking at the preconception angle.

Hi,Moon,Not to sound disrespectful, but I wonder if that's a subconscious thing on your part, you know, wanting to remember your father as vibrant and strong as he was when you were young rather than in his last few days, tired and too weak to eat or sit up :'( I think that's more common, you look down at a shell,a husk and you know the person you loved isn't even there in a physical sense.
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#34 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,954 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 08:59 AM

Hi,Moon,Not to sound disrespectful,

not at all Drew.

it could be, yes. my have never seen any hard ailments for my dad and it was only due to his extremely good health that he was pretty okay after 6 chemos. and 4 months everything was okay with him before the secondaries invaded. well, dunno, maybe my sub concious, but the presence at times is too strong! afterall, isn't it all IN YOUR MIND!

#35 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 10:11 AM

Whispers,

No, nothing with his throat, he was eletrocuted, went through his arm.  In the first dream I had he did try to talk but I was too busy screaming at him...in my dream I just kept yelling "You're Dead, You're Dead" maybe I should have shut up
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

#36 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 10:32 AM

Sounds to me like you were still trying to convince yourself he was no longer here.  Still were trying to accept his death.  Would make sense especially so young and vibrant, a terrible thing my friend.  So terribly sorry he was taken from you.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#37 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,954 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 11:30 AM

hi Hawkers, you are right. me and my dad never had any good vibes, we loved each other but never liked each other. But then, by the time I was matured enough to accept lot of thins and started communicating properly with him, ((hardly an year or so) when he was diaginized cancer and in a very advanced stage. well....... am still finding it difficult to come to terms, though i appear composed ;D my mind relly is in turmoil. but then, that is what life is all about!

#38 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 02:54 PM

Thanks, Hawker, you're probably right that dream occured about 2 to 3 weeks after his accident so it makes perfect sense
Posted Image

Myspace

Posted Image

#39 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 03:49 PM

Hey, Masque, I think Hawky's got a point, its also a very honest response to seeing him in a dream, especially after losing him so soon before. The silence may even be a thing of not wanting to creep the person he's trying to communicate with completely out.

Hi, Moon, WOW...I'm sorry, Moon, I'm at a total loss but I'm glad you came to some sort of accord with him before he died...or is it my lack of sleep ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#40 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:32 AM

Whispers, you were right.  The dream meant nothing.  I went alone, Bleebo had to work.  I had a blast and found the school that I am going to transfer too.  I left something behind there, but I know that its in very good hands.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#41 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 08:52 AM

Hey, Karen Sue, glad you made it back safely, Hun and congratulations;D

#42 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 02:22 PM

Whispers et al.,

I asked my mom the question about the dreams, she's had a bunch about my brother and he never talks in hers either...she said she doesn't know what she would do if he did.
Posted Image

Myspace

Posted Image

#43 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:13 PM

Hey, Masque, I am honestly at a loss to explain it...how about an alternate form of communication, blinking et al to yes/no questions :-/

#44 jinty

jinty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:18 AM

Lately, I have been having dreams that my hubby is being unfaithful (3 nights running)

#45 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 01:07 PM

Hi, Jinty-Lass, good to see you again! Sweet, I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as consecutive times
you've dreamed it, as all its saying is that its been on your subconscious a lot lately, it has nothing to do with what's going on, but if you need to talk, Luv, we're here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users