• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Batista42

Batista42

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:20 AM

I was wondering if anyone knows of a group or professionals who will listen to your EVPs for free to suggest whether they are paranormal or not. I would like to have someone review some EVPs and let me know if they are paranormal and, if they are, what they feel is being said.

I would also need to know how I can cut a section from the original recording to send to someone if they do offer to listen and give their advice. I downloaded a free version of Aucacity, but haven't used it enough to know whether I can cut out sections and send to someone to be reviewed.

Thanks

#2 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:28 AM

I would also need to know how I can cut a section from the original recording to send to someone if they do offer to listen and give their advice. I downloaded a free version of Aucacity, but haven't used it enough to know whether I can cut out sections and send to someone to be reviewed.

Thanks

I use Audacity as well. It is pretty easy. Highlight about 10 seconds before the evp in question and then 10 secs after by simply click and drag. Then under file select "export selection as wav". You can post these wav's on sites like zshare to share with the GV community.

I am sure we would all be happy to review your audio and give feedback. Please understand though, people have different views, and please don't get offended if they offer some constructive criticism.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#3 Batista42

Batista42

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:26 AM

I use Audacity as well. It is pretty easy. Highlight about 10 seconds before the evp in question and then 10 secs after by simply click and drag. Then under file select "export selection as wav". You can post these wav's on sites like zshare to share with the GV community.

I am sure we would all be happy to review your audio and give feedback. Please understand though, people have different views, and please don't get offended if they offer some constructive criticism.

Thank you for the help, I appreciate it very much. I will have to give this a try and see how it goes. I do understand that people will have different views and I am open to their suggestions. If they feel it is something normal I would like to hear their views, this way I know what to look for the next time.

When I get the chance to put my EVPs on GV should I state what I feel is being said or just see what others feel is being said, if anything?

Also, if the question is not in the part where I hear the audio in question, should I put down what question I asked along with the EVP? There are times when I ask a question and I will wait 30 - 40 seconds and it could be anywhere in this area.

Thank you again!

#4 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

Pull as much of the question that is needed. I usually say 10 second before and after the evp because it is easier to hear and analyze that way.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:55 PM

Our association does full analysis of EVPs at no cost. We use state of the art hardware including spectrum analysis and oscilloscopes to do spoatial analysis.

However in order to get this level of research we do require that certain mionimum specs be met in the recording process. Digital voice recorders do not generally have sufficient bandwidth and introduce distortiuon that renders this level of study impossible. Most high end digital recorders, and some mid level analog tape can be used however.

If you can provide the make, model, and smple rate if digital used on the recorder I can tell you whether or not the basic requirements can be met. If this sounds somewhat demanding, it is because doing this level of research involves considerable time and there is no point in setting up only to find the frequency response and distortion don't allow proper analysis.

#6 Batista42

Batista42

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:47 AM

If you can provide the make, model, and smple rate if digital used on the recorder I can tell you whether or not the basic requirements can be met.

I am still checking on the sample rate for my recorder, but I can give you the make and model. It is an RCA VR5220 Digital Voice Recorder. It has a USB connection at the top of the player you can slide up and attach to your computer to download you files. I am going to search through the book that came with the recorder to see if it has any information on the sample rate. It came with RCA Digital Voice Manager Software which allows you to download to a wave file on MediaPlayer.

Thanks for your help, and I will try to get back with you as soon as possible with the sample rate, unless you know from the make and model.

#7 Batista42

Batista42

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:49 AM

Pull as much of the question that is needed. I usually say 10 second before and after the evp because it is easier to hear and analyze that way.

I will check into the zshare site you spoke of to see if I can post my EVPs. I will try to get to the EVPs in question as soon as possible to see if I can get any information or comments.

Thanks.

#8 Batista42

Batista42

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

Thank you for your help again. I posted my first EVP under "Add your EVPs". Can you take a listen and give me your thoughts?

Thanks again.

#9 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

If you can provide the make, model, and smple rate if digital used on the recorder I can tell you whether or not the basic requirements can be met.

I am still checking on the sample rate for my recorder, but I can give you the make and model. It is an RCA VR5220 Digital Voice Recorder. It has a USB connection at the top of the player you can slide up and attach to your computer to download you files. I am going to search through the book that came with the recorder to see if it has any information on the sample rate. It came with RCA Digital Voice Manager Software which allows you to download to a wave file on MediaPlayer.

Thanks for your help, and I will try to get back with you as soon as possible with the sample rate, unless you know from the make and model.

I found info on the recorder. Sample rate is only 5.6 KBPS in the LP mode. that would not be sufficient for full analysis. The spec sheet does not give sample rates for the other modes of operation, but based on that I would assume it is is till very low. Plus the recorder has multiple speeds. The highest speed would be the best (least amount of compression) but I would be surprised if any sample rates exceed 10 - 12 KBPS. The recorder also uses a compression algorith to maximize record time which further hampers response. If you can provide the settings you used I can look into it further and tell what the bandwidth is for that recording.

#10 Batista42

Batista42

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:06 AM

If you can provide the settings you used I can look into it further and tell what the bandwidth is for that recording.

I used the SP setting for the speed. It also has two recording modes, one is dictation and the other is conference. I used the conference setting.

Thanks for your help. I did post two of my EVPs from the recorder on the section labeled "Add Your EVP" if you want to check them out. The first one I thought about 17 seconds into the recording I heard "Susan", this was after I asked what their name is, then after I ask Can you see us I thought I heard a faint "yes". On the second EVP about 12 - 13 seconds into the EVP you can hear someone say "Is that a car", and it wasn't myself or my daughter, we were the only two present when this was recording. Then in two different spots, a few seconds later it almost sounds like someone sighs. This was not either one of us either.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users