Spirits

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:29 AM

Everyone show respect.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#32 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:42 AM

From a Christian perspective, Mr. Flanker, I believe you may want to look over your words carefully.... because they paint a dark, negative and unbalanced picture of God's creations.... God's message is always one of hope..... and I see none in your narrow perception....

Edited by peepers, 01 September 2007 - 02:46 AM.

Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#33 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:36 AM

~Flanker, it's great that you are very grounded in your beliefs and that's fine.......but you must respect those who may not view them as you do. You'll go alot further here, my friend. I respect you for your beliefs.....although I don't see them the way you do. And that's ok.....this is what makes the world go around. But making someone feel less of a person just because they are the way they are is totally uncalled for.

GV has been around for as long as it has because it takes all types of folks to keep it running. We, however, do not tolerate "racism".....or whatever the word is I'm looking for. Whatever the "word" is I'm looking for, it's not good and we all know you can pull yourself above this....please do so. You come across as very intelligent, there *is* a way to show it instead of pointing fingers & name-calling. Thank you Flanker as I know you'll respect my choice for who/what I am as a person.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#34 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:10 AM

My thought on the subject of Spirits/ghost/religion is this: We don't really KNOW. No one does. We have a lot of ideas, some of them thousands and thousands of years old and people all over the globe have these supernatural experiences and interpret them in another thousand ways.
And the truth is we STILL DON'T KNOW. We have words in books, also thousands of years old that are supposed to be eye-wittness accounts of these events but how do we know the people who told and wrote these stories didn't "big fish" them a little?
You know how it is, Joe and John go fishing, John catches a 10inch fish and pretty soon it's six feet long and a thousand people were fed from two loaves and two fishes.
Humans like to tell stories and our brains have this amazing inner life and we all have ideas and convictions but, we still don't KNOW. Not for sure, not 100%. Not even 50%.
And the reason for that is that humans tend to get caught up in a good story and the story becomes reality.
I guess what I am trying to say is that everyones view point is just as valid as the next persons and that man cannot really know what is in the next life. It's the great and final unknown and we are all struggling to exlain something that is simply not explainable
We get hints and we get clues and those clues are interpreted by our very fallible human minds and when one group of people becomes convinced that their interpretation is more correct than the next groups interpretation we get blood shed.

I guess my question, Flanker is this : Why are you so sure that your teachings are the correct ones?
Haven't you ever wondered *where* those teaching came from, who wrote them down and what their real motivations were?

I have been told that all ghosts are demons before. I did not believe it then, I do not believe it now.
I think the motivation behind this idea is to prevent us from contecting with the Devine. To make us afraid of these things and make us more obideiant to the people in power.
"You'd better not mess with ghosts because the devil will get you," Is the kind of story Mommies tell their kiddies to get them to behave.

(Appologies to Kira and DeathWatch for my spelling :P )

Edited by Bluemooncat, 01 September 2007 - 11:13 AM.

My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#35 Flanker2x29

Flanker2x29

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:07 PM

My thought on the subject of Spirits/ghost/religion is this: We don't really KNOW. No one does. We have a lot of ideas, some of them thousands and thousands of years old and people all over the globe have these supernatural experiences and interpret them in another thousand ways.
And the truth is we STILL DON'T KNOW. We have words in books, also thousands of years old that are supposed to be eye-wittness accounts of these events but how do we know the people who told and wrote these stories didn't "big fish" them a little?
You know how it is, Joe and John go fishing, John catches a 10inch fish and pretty soon it's six feet long and a thousand people were fed from two loaves and two fishes.
Humans like to tell stories and our brains have this amazing inner life and we all have ideas and convictions but, we still don't KNOW. Not for sure, not 100%. Not even 50%.
And the reason for that is that humans tend to get caught up in a good story and the story becomes reality.
I guess what I am trying to say is that everyones view point is just as valid as the next persons and that man cannot really know what is in the next life. It's the great and final unknown and we are all struggling to exlain something that is simply not explainable
We get hints and we get clues and those clues are interpreted by our very fallible human minds and when one group of people becomes convinced that their interpretation is more correct than the next groups interpretation we get blood shed.

I guess my question, Flanker is this : Why are you so sure that your teachings are the correct ones?
Haven't you ever wondered *where* those teaching came from, who wrote them down and what their real motivations were?

I have been told that all ghosts are demons before. I did not believe it then, I do not believe it now.
I think the motivation behind this idea is to prevent us from contecting with the Devine. To make us afraid of these things and make us more obideiant to the people in power.
"You'd better not mess with ghosts because the devil will get you," Is the kind of story Mommies tell their kiddies to get them to behave.

(Appologies to Kira and DeathWatch for my spelling :weeee: )

There are two worlds out for your attention. One you should be paying heed to and the other you should be against. One is dark and usues what means it can. The other? Very polite.

God allows differnt things to happen in the Spirit relm and people are allowed to see certian things. Much of it, my guess would be, is to get people's attention. But often people turn their attention away from God and toward the things happening. Thats where the devil came in and twisted things.

Kinda like people worshiping the creation instead of the creator they get intrested in chasing the phenomenons instead of trying to get to know the one who allows and controls them. fweeewee a bit run on there.....

To know which is of God and which is of the devil you have to get to know God. To get to know God you have to know His word. Otherwise if you don't know God then how will you know when He is talking to you? Remember He is polite and respects free will. If people ignore Him He will lovingly step back.

The devil is doged in playing for your heart and emotions. But like the game of chess their is a final move that places him in checkmate.

The devil came to steal kill and destroy but Jesus came that people may have life. He came to destroy the works of the devil and that includes his operation's in everyday lives.

THe power of God is no match for the power of Satan. There really is no struggle between God and the devil. God has already won. So whats the big uproar so to speak? Its about you and me.

The devil hates God. God loves us. The devil enjoys getting at God so if He can destroy and ruin what God loves then he has a win. Even though he has lost the final he is still hacking away as long as he can intill its over for good. The duration until the end is about the human soul. The game of the devil is to steal kill and destroy as much as he can and take as many down with him as possible. Much like a sore looser.

But the you and I have a choice. He doesn't have to win in your life or mine. But for you and I to win you have to fight the battle God's way. Remember He has already won and is willing to give you the victory and show you how to fight to win.

Don't be carried about by every wind of doctrine. Beleive God and His Word and you will have success.

Edited by Flanker2x29, 04 September 2007 - 05:10 PM.

#36 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:37 AM

Um. Not offense Flanker, but did you even READ my post? I'm sorry but I can't find anything in your reply that realates cleary to what I wrote. . .All you have done is go into the "my perceptions are correct, yours are wrong" mode.
Also, you didn't really answer my question Why do you think that what you know is correct?
Is it because they asked you simply to have faith?
That's nice.
Faith is good.
But my point is that we still don't know what's on the other side.
All we have is our own very limited human perception and interpretation.
I'm sorry, but everything you've put up here was written by man and is there for fallible and open to question.

#37 Banshee_Medium

Banshee_Medium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, 4 wheelin, motorcycles, and my TeenyDude.. (my son)

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:28 AM

I understand all too well the angel/demon standpoint on the world. Christians have always been this way. They always require a hard heavily lined set of boxes and in each rest GOOD and EVIL. Black and white... never grey.

Since the beginning of time man has been threatened by what he cannot explain or see. Those few who seek out mysteries in an attempt to solve them were always marked as heretics and usurpers. Though to state a point if it had been up to the church man would never have relied upon medical science, or hell for that fact any kind of science. God will heal everyone. I do not argue with the existance of a higher being. I do not argue that we should be reliant upon him. However he or she does screw up.

The general public wears a voluntary blindfold if you will when it comes to the existance of the supernatural. Its easier for the human mind to wrap its way around the existance of demons and better yet glowing white angels of mercy who protect us from them. WHy? Because its safe.

Ever think that in the same way that the creator allows good.. kind.. awesome people to die in tragic terrible ways or to waste away until they die of a slow death that maybe the creator too busy controling the living sometimes forgets about those whove died?!

These arent demons preying upon the weakened hearts and souls of humans. These are peoples very essences. The same way someone causes others pain and misery in life they arent always so easily swept away when they die never to harass the living again. They sometimes want so terribly to cause pain that they stay behind. Greed...vengance... hate... rage... violent seductive terrible urges are so much stronger than people give them credit.

Why?

Because the people who feel them feel nothing else.

The good few who remain...?

They are left confused... frantic.. like an innocently imprisoned man pleading for his one phone call to beg their familys stand by them. Have you ever felt so lost and hopeless that all you wanted to do was to go home? To go back to being a kid... or to go back to the happiest moment or place youve ever experienced. Have you ever loved someone so much that even when you were apart you could swear you hear their breath on your neck in the dark as you sleep or think you hear their voice as you go about your daily tasks?

To call them demonic spirits is a shame and a sad tragic way to take from them their voices.

The dead speak. The dead feel. Maybe not as you or I. Maybe we arent meant to understand how or why. As a clairvoyant its my honor to hear the departed. Believe me. They have plenty to say. The only tragedy in it is that I cannot control it or chose when to use it.

You have been introduced to the topic of demonicism and god since birth. I know the concepts and opinions you have heard here may be strange or hard to comprehend.

An open mind leads to open doors behind which miracles and wonders await.

If you trully want to know what it is to be spiritual ... then understand what a spirit is.

#38 Banshee_Medium

Banshee_Medium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:36 AM

I am not patronizing you or your beliefs. Have them... great.. make you who you are.. yada yada yada... just understand that others have beliefs and its long been the buisness of over zealous Christian soldiers to slam them to the dirt and kick them til they die.

I am sorry if this offends anyone i am approaching it in a calm.. rational.. and logical manner.

#39 SpiderMeema

SpiderMeema

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:00 AM

That is absoloute Bull........Demons..........man made concept, religion shoved down throat, gotta blame something right? Wrong wrong wrong. If thats the case, there are too many NICE demons out there...........and I aint no fool, no one is going to coerce me into believeing something that doesn't exist. Yes the there are low level spirits, nothng more. wow!

#40 Banshee_Medium

Banshee_Medium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

wrong or right ... i respect you for your beliefs.

thanks for your input

#41 Flanker2x29

Flanker2x29

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:35 PM

Ouch. Thats and expresion used when some one gets hurt. hemmm...

#42 Flanker2x29

Flanker2x29

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:39 PM

From a Christian perspective, Mr. Flanker, I believe you may want to look over your words carefully.... because they paint a dark, negative and unbalanced picture of God's creations.... God's message is always one of hope..... and I see none in your narrow perception....

Look again. Thanks.

#43 Flanker2x29

Flanker2x29

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:43 PM

Um. Not offense Flanker, but did you even READ my post? I'm sorry but I can't find anything in your reply that realates cleary to what I wrote. . .All you have done is go into the "my perceptions are correct, yours are wrong" mode.
Also, you didn't really answer my question Why do you think that what you know is correct?
That's nice.
Faith is good.
I'm sorry, but everything you've put up here was written by man and is there for fallible and open to question.

Sorry. I used your post as a plat form without answering your questions. I'll try now.
Why Do I think I know?

There is a differnce in head knowledge and really knowing something. How do you know your breathing? How do you know if its right to breath? Well okay its not that simple, but almost. When you begin to know God and His Word awesome things are shown. How do you know they are true? God can not lie and He is more then able to make sure you got what He was saying clearly. You gotta want to though.

#44 Banshee_Medium

Banshee_Medium

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:14 PM

im gonna put it this way. Hurt.. isnt what im feeling it borders more on pity.

#45 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:14 PM

That's nice.
Faith is good.

Sorry. I used your post as a plat form without answering your questions. I'll try now.
Why Do I think I know?

There is a differnce in head knowledge and really knowing something. How do you know your breathing? How do you know if its right to breath? Well okay its not that simple, but almost. When you begin to know God and His Word awesome things are shown. How do you know they are true? God can not lie and He is more then able to make sure you got what He was saying clearly. You gotta want to though.

My next question is: Why do you think I haven't already done this? Why do you assume I don't have a realtionship with God? Why do you assume I can't hear Her? Just becasue I don't venerate Jesus and agree that all ghost are demon's you think I don't talk to the Creator? Yo think I don't LISTEN? That's funny because She's been telling me to help YOU.

Just because I am listening in a diffrent langue or if you will a diffrent "format" does not mean I am not getting the "message"
God wants Her/His children to love each other and love Creation. The Creator has many faces but they are all saying the same thing.
I think you are the one who's not listening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users