• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:49 PM

For all in the Wisconsin area and those planning a trip here - strange hauntings of my beloved state. These are all reputably haunted sites in Wisconsin. Though there are hundreds of supposedly haunted sites around Wisconsin, I am trying to weed through them to find the “best of the best.” I am relying on my personal accounts, other reliable researchers’ accounts and/or those of respected paranormal investigators. I’m only adding here those hauntings that are well-documented through various resources, relatively well-known, have many reports of hauntings by several people in the Wisconsin ghost-hunting community and, in most cases, easily accessible (there are a few here that are off-limits, except with permission, but are added for their sheer spookiness and historic intrigue). I’m also adding my personal experiences at those sites listed here that I have visited. I’m also adding my own personal advice regarding safety at a few of the places I’ve visited, since, some of these places are just not safe (as perceived by myself and others) to be alone in. Please be careful when going to any of these places, get permission before going onto any private property and obey the law, etc. I'm sure everyone here knows these things. I just want everyone to be safe.

There are many, many other great haunted places in Wisconsin that I haven’t the time to write about here. If anyone is interested in a particular region or town in Wisconsin, I can send you a list. “The Wisconsin Road Guide to Haunted Locations” by Chad Lewis and Terry Fisk is a good book to have for finding and researching various haunted spots in Wisconsin. I don't own this book as I've given up ghost hunting, but I have read through it and it is great to have (good directions, honest and thorough research, etc.).

Happy Hunting :ghost:

Viv

Wisconsin's Hauntings:

- Amery Lutheran Church (Amery, Wis.) – Many encounters here. These encounters include: disembodied voices, a phantom congregation and the bell of the church ringing on its own.

- Aztalan State Park/Rock Lake (Lake Mills, Wis.) – One of Wisconsin’s great archeological sites with a long and interesting history. Aztalan is the site of an ancient Indian camp. Several Indian burial mounds exist here (supposedly in the hundreds) as well as vast, flat-topped mounds. Various and strong psychic feelings felt here. There is a museum at the park which is worth a look. I went here a long time ago and remembered feeling strangely in certain areas. Restoration was in progress when I was here in an attempt to re-create this once thriving Indian community which was abandoned suddenly and mysteriously by its Indian inhabitants. Definitely a hot-spot for paranormal activity. On the bottom of nearby Rock Lake (supposedly linked to Aztalan), conical shaped mounds have been discovered and sensitive people have reported very strange feelings while boating there.

- Callan Road, aka: Witch Road (Rosendale, Wis.) – Supposedly, many years ago, a witch lived on Callan Road. The house she lived in can still be seen, but it is in ruins. Unexplained lights, cold spots and the spirit of a young girl in the woods are all reported here. The remains of the house are most likely on private property, so be respectful and don’t trespass. Just traveling along the road itself may lead to sightings of all kinds.

- Church Road Cemetery (Portage, Wis.) – Several people have experienced odd occurrences here. Shadows are seen, odd smells and the apparition of a young girl are all reported. I highly recommend that you do not go to this cemetery alone.

- Elk Lake Dam (Elk Creek, Wis.) – In 1974, the body of a young woman named Mary was found near the Elk Lake Dam. She had been murdered. Since then, several people have witnessed the ghost of the young woman around the dam.

- Ed Gein homestead/Plainfield Cemetery (Plainfield, Wis.) – I have to add these two. Ed Gein was notorious, both as a murderer and a grave robber. His story is too gruesome to post here, but, if interested, a Google search on him will return many websites about him. As for the hauntings, I haven’t found a whole lot on any ghosts lurking about his old homestead or the Plainfield Cemetery where he is buried (you most likely won’t find his headstone as it has been stolen numerous times) and carried out some of his bizarre rituals. However, the old homestead (which no longer stands) and cemetery are worth a look and have evoked strange feelings in people who have gone there. I am assuming that Ed's old homestead is on private property, so one must look into it and getting permission if planning a visit there. From the reports I have heard, you can see the old homestead from the road, which is a respectable distance.

- JFK Preparatory School/St. Nazianz Cemetery (Manitowoc, Wis.) – Very haunted with a strange history. Supposedly, several spirits lurking about along with a curse from the Seminary of the Divine Savior in St. Nazianz. EVPs, video and photographs have shown what may possibly be paranormal activity in the JFK Prep. buildings. There is no trespassing and the buildings and grounds are under constant surveillance both with cameras and the police. Many have gotten permission to go onto the property, though. It seems the cops are still very stringent with people even if they have permission. So, be careful. Lots of bad energy reported here. There have been tours done here in the past as well as ghost hunting classes. I believe the tours are still going on from time to time.

- The Historic Karsten Inn (Kewaunee, Wis.) – Home to several ghosts. Paranormal activity recorded here, including: cold spots and various noises. Room 310 is haunted by the mischievous spirit of “Agatha,” a former maid and, now resident spirit. I’ve never been there, but this place is definitely haunted.

Wisconsin's Hauntings Cont.:

- Lake View Tuberculosis Sanitarium (Madison, Wis.) - I have studied this spot quite extensively. The sanitarium itself is a lovely building and, if one is sensitive, there is a very powerful psychic sense about it. I have heard of no hauntings in the sanitarium or the buildings surrounding it. The cemetery and woods on the property of the sanitarium, however, are purportedly haunted. Here is what I discovered: The cemetery showed definite signs of psychic activity (which others have also felt), especially on the eastern end that borders the woods behind the sanitarium. Photos taken by other researchers in the cemetery reveal possible paranormal activity (mists). The woods behind the sanitarium are haunted by, what I strongly believe to be, a very angry or evil presence. Ghost sightings have occurred in the woods, as well. There are numerous artifacts in the woods of the foundations of at least two outbuildings and the smoke stacks that once stood there. It appears there is satanic activity going on in these woods. Bizarre bits of cow bone were discovered laying on tops of dead leaves (this could possibly have been a joke, but, I’m not sure), strange formations of logs, bizarre spray-painting, etc. all give me the impression that bizarre characters are hanging out there and may be involved in satanic rituals. It also appears to be a place for college kids to hang out while up to no good. Be careful in this area and emotionally ready yourself before an investigation. The land may very well have been the site of an old Indian camp due to the location on a hill overlooking water and the tremendous history of Indians in and around the Madison area. This could explain the “stalking” sensation I experienced while researching in the woods. Whatever was “stalking” me and my fiancé here, also followed us home. So, prepare yourself and take a few friends along if you go there. It’s a nice place to visit during the day, however I would highly recommend not going there at night. There are too many odd characters hanging about.

- Maribel Caves County Park/Maribel Caves Hotel, aka: Motel/Hotel Hell (Maribel, Wis.) – Long and sordid history that includes stories of mass murder, death by fire, bootleggers and mobsters and a portal to hell (which, I have heard, is located in the ruins of what once was a fountain in front of the hotel). These stories have either been discredited or are yet to be documented. But, many people who have been there report several unexplainable phenomenon. This used to be a health spa in the late 1800’s. At some point, it was turned into a hotel. It is reported by many people to be very haunted and the reports go back many, many years. The reports include: several spirits (some very angry ones), apparitions and ghostly children (mainly seen on the roof and in windows of the hotel), footsteps, moving objects, black magick practices, various odd noises and voices, and feelings of being touched by cold hands, followed and/or threatened. The reports occur at both the hotel and the park. There was a fire in 1985 which destroyed the interior of the hotel, though the structure still stands. The fire supposedly caused an influx in spirit activity. This is a very dangerous place, structurally. People who have gone inside the hotel have been injured due to the disintegration of the structure through age and fire. There are security cameras everywhere and the cops watch it like hawks. The owners of the property are very protective of it and, supposedly, prosecute trespassers to the fullest extent. And, almost everyone who has gotten onto the grounds of the Hotel get caught by the police and fined. It’s a dangerous place, both structurally and spiritually. I’ve heard that you can still view the hotel from a safe and legal distance (the road) where it is still a sight to behold and people have witnessed strange phenomenon.

- Orton Park (Madison, Wis.) – This was the site of Madison’s first cemetery. The bodies were exhumed in the late 1800’s and moved to another larger cemetery in Madison. There is a lot of activity here including over-whelming psychic feelings. I and another person with me heard a voice while approaching this park (not sure if the voice was connected to the park or not, but the voice was in reference to the park), there is the spirit of a little boy, psychic images reported and other various paranormal activity. The video we took while there recorded nothing paranormal.

- The Paine Art Center and Gardens (Oshkosh, Wis.) – I have been here (it is open for tours) and this place is definitely haunted. I had strange feelings in certain areas of the house (especially the upper floors). Supposedly, there is the spirit of a man here who is assumed to be the father or grandfather of Nathan Paine, the man who built the mansion. It is reported that a female spirit haunts the abundant gardens outside the house. There are reports of strange footsteps, moving furniture and disembodied voices here. This house is a beautiful Tudor style mansion with stunning gardens and is worth the look even if not searching for spirits.

- Picnic Point (Madison, Wis.) – Several people (myself included) have had various experiences here, including detailed psychic images. It is, supposedly, one of the most active places in Madison.

- The Rave/Eagles Ballroom (Milwaukee, Wis.) – This is the place Buddy Holly played his last gig before dying tragically (alongside Richie Valens and the Big Bopper) in a plane crash en route to Clear Lake, Iowa. Many people here have witnessed paranormal activity. A ghost is felt, disembodied sounds of children playing or crying are heard, cold spots as well as negative energy in many parts of the building. Supposedly, the pool room (which is kept locked at all times) and the Eagles Ballroom are the most haunted areas here, but I have heard reports of people feeling strangely and hearing disembodied noises in several areas of the building.

- Summerwind Mansion (Northeast Wis. on West Bay Lake) – Deemed “Wisconsin’s Most Famous Haunted House.” All that remain are the ruins of a once beautiful mansion. There is a long and bizarre history on this place, including: Indian legend, possible murder/corpse found, apparitions, demons, nervous breakdowns, disembodied voices and bizarre shrinking/expanding rooms. This house was so active, that, supposedly, the original owner once began shooting at the resident spirits before fleeing in terror. Credibility on some of these stories varies, but certainly, strange things have occurred here. EVPs and unexplainable photographs have been taken here. I believe this is on private property and it is extremely difficult to find, so you will need to research and get permission before entering the premises.

- Walnut Grove Cemetery, a.k.a.: Glenbeulah Graveyard/Cemetery (Glenbeulah, Wis.) – This cemetery is very active. There is a lost and very curious female spirit who likes to follow visitors around the cemetery (I and several other researchers have experienced her). Talking to her, if you feel her presence, seems to help her feel more at ease. Strange noises occur and apparitions are reportedly seen and felt. I’ve heard that an EVP of a disembodied voice has been captured here. There is also a rumor (though, no evidence of it exists) that a man hung himself in the cemetery. It is a truly beautiful cemetery and very old for Wisconsin (dating back to the early 1800’s). It is heavily patrolled by police because of vandalism. It is very secluded on a hill in Glenbeulah. The road leading up the hill to the cemetery is blocked off, but people can still walk up there during the hours the cemetery is open. I highly recommend not going to this cemetery alone.

#2 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:52 PM

i wish i could go!!! that was really nice to post this. this is a nice list to start with just for looking up new information, very interesting!

#3 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:54 PM

- The Historic Karsten Inn (Kewaunee, Wis.) – Home to several ghosts. Paranormal activity recorded here, including: cold spots and various noises. Room 310 is haunted by the mischievous spirit of “Agatha,” a former maid and, now resident spirit. I’ve never been there, but this place is definitely haunted.

Very soon I will host a haunted photo contest for the Karsten Inn on my websites at http://www.geocities...hesameones2002/ and http://www.groups.ya...edtheexperience. Here are a few shots taken at the Karsten Inn.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 saralove_23

saralove_23

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:20 PM

I am also from WI. these are great stories, athough i have herd of most of them already, still great story's though.

#5 KatieKintner

KatieKintner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

I was part of a group that investigated JFK Prep over a period of about 3 months last year. You did well in your description. We had written permission but still got questioned by police 2-3 times when we visited.
We also helped the owner drive off trespassers a few times too! There is still surveillance and if you are caught there without permission, a $5000.00 fine and jail time for "breaking and entering". They do NOT charge you with just "trespassing".

The ghost tours have been discontinued for the present. They didn't cover the most interesting areas anyway.

The most interesting part for me was the old dorms, where the air seemed thick with energy at times. But I don't think the place is really bad-hearted or cursed. It just has a lot of history with a lot of different kinds of people occupying the property over time. The buildings there now have nothing to do with the founder who supposedly cursed it--they post-date him by decades. There were stories that are interesting. I heard one second hand story that doesn't make the rounds too much. A young couple was staying in the old convent somewhat recently as guests (it is still in use). They were in the hallway when a priest came up to them and asked them what they were doing there. There haven't been priests assigned to the school since the 1980s and there was no priest visiting. Hmmm...

I recorded some EVPs myself which I have posted (I think in other areas) but I can share a few of them here too. Some of these files have been filtered, so please don't try to analyze them. I have the originals saved here at home if you really want to hear and analyze the original versions. Email me and I will be glad to provide them for you.

The school is located in the village of St. Nazianz, which has a history of major fires. This is also the very first EVP I ever recorded. It is myself and another investigator chatting in the seminary building when this voice comes in.
EVP 1

There is a desanctified Catholic church on the grounds, really quite beautiful but in bad need of repair. A few of us got to sit in it one evening and try to stimulate some activity (no, we got NOTHING by the confessionals, darn!). As we were sitting in the pews, I decided to try singing some hymns. In the file below, I just sang "Ave Maria" when a voice comes in.
EVP 2
Here is the same voice REVERSED.
EVP 3
I was singing "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" when a stringed instrument appears to be plucked. There was only a piano present and no one was near it.
EVP 4

This one was recorded on the 4th floor of the old dorms. I was sitting on the top step, waiting for my husband and a friend to finish their explorations down the hall, so I was alone. It was quite late, very dark and I felt as if I was surrounded by something I couldn't see. Not normally being sensitive in that way, I was extremely nervous and unhappy. Later on I heard the following on my recorder.
EVP 5

We got a lot more stuff and I could go on and on about our experience there. If you want to read more about it, check out the investigation blog we kept at http://wiscghostnet.blogspot.com. You'll find more EVPs from the other investigators, some photos and a lot of commentary. PLease don't ask me to get you into the place. Sadly, we are no longer in contact with the owner.

Edited by KatieKintner, 10 July 2006 - 03:46 PM.

Save a horse, ride an old carousel!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageK a t i e K i n t n e r| Fox Valley Spirit Hunters | Fox Valley Spirit Hunters on Myspace | | Frozen North EVPs | Wisconsin Ghostboard |

#6 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:00 AM

very very nice post would love to see these places i get to wi quite a bit manly green bay and madison area would anyone happen to know the loction of the old ed gein place if so please pm me thanks
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#7 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

very very nice post would love to see these places i get to wi quite a bit manly green bay and madison area would anyone happen to know the loction of the old ed gein place if so please pm me thanks

It is listed in The Unexplained's Wisconsin Road Guide To Haunted Locations, By Chad Lewis & Terry Fisk. The Guide can be purchased through The Unexplained website, http://www.unexplainedresearch.com. The Ed Gein property is located in central Wisconsin, Waushara County, Plainfield Wisconsin. I understand that the property is privately owned. Chad and Terry have a series of Road Guides by state. I believe they are now working on a Michigan Guide.

#8 KatieKintner

KatieKintner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:48 PM

I don't know where it is specifically, but you can still see the old hardware store where he shot his last victim in Plainfield. The homestead property itself is apparently for sale. The owner tried to list it on Ebay using it's notoriety to try to raise interest and Ebay took it off.

Save a horse, ride an old carousel!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageK a t i e K i n t n e r| Fox Valley Spirit Hunters | Fox Valley Spirit Hunters on Myspace | | Frozen North EVPs | Wisconsin Ghostboard |

#9 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:45 PM

thanks for the info
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#10 liz101.1

liz101.1

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:13 AM

Im from Wisconsin and im just asking a question, but did you just go to theshadowlands.net and get that list. I've been on there a few times and your list is what they have on there list. The one thing that I have to disagree with you on is the Rosendale one. There is no Witch Road in or around Rosendale. I was on my home and had to pass through Rosendale, I decided to I was gonna follow directions and go there to check it out. That is just one of the MANY legends around Wisconsin. I'd love to hear from some haunted places around Wisconsin. I checked out Dartmoth cemetary in Green Lake, but nothing was found there. It's in the middle of the city and many photos and feelings were easily de-bunked.

#11 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:07 AM

Im from Wisconsin and im just asking a question, but did you just go to theshadowlands.net and get that list. I've been on there a few times and your list is what they have on there list. The one thing that I have to disagree with you on is the Rosendale one. There is no Witch Road in or around Rosendale. I was on my home and had to pass through Rosendale, I decided to I was gonna follow directions and go there to check it out. That is just one of the MANY legends around Wisconsin. I'd love to hear from some haunted places around Wisconsin. I checked out Dartmoth cemetary in Green Lake, but nothing was found there. It's in the middle of the city and many photos and feelings were easily de-bunked.

You might be interedted in the Karsten Inn in Kewaunee Wisconsin. It is haunted. http://www.karsteninn.com. It might interest you to know as well that there is a haunted photo contest for the Karsten Inn on my website at http://www.groups.ya...edtheexperience. The prize is a stay for two for Halloween, 2006, for their Halloween party.

There are a lot of haunted properties in the EauClaire area. To name a few claimed haunted locations are the Sheeley House (Chippeewa Falls), Banbury Place (EauClaire), and The Stones Throw (EauClaire). These are businesses open to the public.

Located in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan is the House Of Ludington hotel, http://www.houseofludington.com. That place is loaded!

#12 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:56 PM

Hi liz101.1,

If you read the beginning of my post, you will see that I recieved my information from sources I consider reputable, including my own personal experiences at many of these places. I did not use any information from Shadowlands in the gathering of the information I have posted here.

I know of many, many reputably haunted places in Wisconsin and, as my post stated, I was trying to choose those which I felt had the most activity based upon my experiences and/or the experiences of others. I never go on one account. If activity in a certain place has been reported by several people who I consider reputable, I consider it paranormally active.

Regarding “Witch Road:” again, if you read my post you will see that the correct name of the road is Callan Road and that “Witch Road” is merely the “pet-name” it has been given. It does, indeed, exist. Highly respected paranormal researchers have investigated the road.

“The Wisconsin Road Guide to Haunted Locations” by Chad Lewis and Terry Fisk is a wonderful, wonderful resource to have when ghost-hunting in Wisconsin (they actually have several "Road Guides" out for many surrounding states, as well). Chad and Terry are very good at what they do. I highly recommend their books even though I've not read them personally, I've heard only good about them and, upon paging through the "Wisconsin Road Guide," I found it looked well-written and thorough.

:Spaz:

Viv

#13 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:53 PM

The Wausau area has a lot of reported hauntings, as well as Stevens Point. I haven't been up there enough to really check this out, but the local investigative group is going to have haunted tours in Wausau this weekend. I'll look up the web address and post it here so anyone who is interested can check the dates/times.

About Summerwind, it burned down in the early '90s and there are no buildings on the property. My reletives up there told me that they haven't heard of any further activities. Of course that doesn't mean things aren't occuring, just that word isn't getting around.

In doing some research, I found that Devil's Lake in Wisconsin Dells has quite a reputation. I know a man who stayed out there a lot in the early '70s. He saw several UFOs during this time, and had several odd experiences as well. It is reported that the sound of elephant trumpeting can be heard in the woods, and various apparitions have been seen near the lake. Before you laugh to hard about phantom elephants in Wisconsin, remember that this area was home to the Ringling family back in the day. Before the second mansion was torn down, it had quite the reputation of being haunted. Noise of a raucaus party could be heard at night, along with screams. The whole area around the Dells, Lake Delton, Baraboo, and Portage has the reputation for strange goings-on.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#14 squirrelgardens

squirrelgardens

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak to spooky destinations.

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:31 AM

The Wausau area has a lot of reported hauntings, as well as Stevens Point. I haven't been up there enough to really check this out, but the local investigative group is going to have haunted tours in Wausau this weekend. I'll look up the web address and post it here so anyone who is interested can check the dates/times.

About Summerwind, it burned down in the early '90s and there are no buildings on the property. My reletives up there told me that they haven't heard of any further activities. Of course that doesn't mean things aren't occuring, just that word isn't getting around.

In doing some research, I found that Devil's Lake in Wisconsin Dells has quite a reputation. I know a man who stayed out there a lot in the early '70s. He saw several UFOs during this time, and had several odd experiences as well. It is reported that the sound of elephant trumpeting can be heard in the woods, and various apparitions have been seen near the lake. Before you laugh to hard about phantom elephants in Wisconsin, remember that this area was home to the Ringling family back in the day. Before the second mansion was torn down, it had quite the reputation of being haunted. Noise of a raucaus party could be heard at night, along with screams. The whole area around the Dells, Lake Delton, Baraboo, and Portage has the reputation for strange goings-on.

I was born and raised in the Baraboo and Sauk County area. Yes, the second Ringling mansion or The Farm as it was called was haunted. The grounds where the ruins are have had the reputation for EVP and sightings. Ironically, The Farm did house some of the circus animals so the reputed elephant trumpeting could have some validation. Am visiting the area at Thanksgiving and will do some poking around. Let you know if I can get any good pics. The ruins of The Farm are hard to find so you will have to ask the locals. The first mansion in the city of Baraboo is now a museum and open to the public. The Circus World Museum is a separate attraction and is open seasonally but is worth the stop. There are some very interesting wagons, photos, and other memorabilia. The most interesting is stories of deceased circus performers and animals, some died in tragic accidents.

Edited by squirrelgardens, 23 October 2006 - 06:36 AM.

Mother of three fur babies. Lover of all wildlife.

#15 Wraith

Wraith

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:57 PM

Hello, i'm new here and I just wanted to say that I live in Racine, Wisconsin. I am living in an apartment that I believe may be haunted. When we first moved here things began to happen when I was here alone. At first it was just the sound of the door opening and closing but when I would look to see who had come in, there was no one there. Since I was here alone, I always checked the whole apartment just to make sure it wasn't an intruder and never found anyone. My husband and I bought 3 brand new futtons and these would creak while I was here alone, creak like they do when someone was sitting on them. I would get the distinct impression of someone standing behind me but when I turned around, no one would be there. A few times while I was alone and watching TV, I would feel like someone was playing with my hair. Then one day about 1 year after living here, I heard the door open and close followed by footsteps that ended at the entrance to the dining room. Of course no one was there when I went to investigate. I told my husband and he thought I was either imagining it or I was just going crazy, lol. I began to believe that too untill a friend of mine came to stay with us for a while and began experiencing the same things.

Soon after my friend left us, my husband had an experience himself. I had gone to the store and he stayed here alone, he was watching TV when he heard the door open, close and then footsteps. He told me that he searched the entire apartment and found no one, serves him right for not believing me.

The bathroom door latch began to jiggle one day while we had a visitor and we both heard it, it stopped as soon as I went to investigate. Autum of 2004, my husband, my youngest son and I were here alone when I saw a man wearing dark clothing coming out of the kitchen. Thinking it was either my son or my husband I paid it no mind until I heard my son ask his dad something and his dad answered back, they were both still in the kitchen! That same christmas, my parents and my grandmother came to spend the holiday with us. My mom saw a man in dark clothing coming out of my bedroom minutes before my husband came out of the bedroom. My grandmother told me that the first night she spent in my daughters' room she saw lights on the celing and thought it was the lights of passing cars, the only problem with that is that there are no windows in that room. A few months later, my daughter (13 at the time) woke up to see that man standing infront of her mirror. My daughter has never been afraid of the dark, that is until this incident. She slept with a nightlight for close to a year after that.

I saw a small light brown shadow which was couched, run very quickly from one end of the living room towards my daughtes' room. My second oldest son was awoken one morning by a voice that told him to get up, he thought it was me but when he opened his eyes, there was no one around. He and his little brother love to play tricks on eachother before going to bed. One night he heard someone coming toward where he slept and put out his hand to scare his brother, but nothing made contact with his hand when he knew for a fact that someone was standing next to him. He called out to his brother to go to bed and heard his brother yell from the other room that he was in bed, well he jumped out of bed and turned on the light to find that no one was anywhere in the room. Our dog has never barked at anything that she sees in this apartment, even though you can see her watching something walk past that only she can see. One night she began growling real low at first and her growl just got louder and louder until she was barking at something in the corner of the room. At this point I have goose bumps cause I don't see anything but she obviously does and whatever it was, she was deffinately keeping her distance from it. She only stopped barking when I said 3 times out loud, "get out of my room" she began wagging her tail and looked at me for approval. The last 2 incidents happend in the last few weeks. About 3 weeks ago I watched my youngest son walk into the kitchen followed by my second oldest and there was a boy following my second oldest into the kitchen. When they both came out alone I asked them who had followed them into the kitchen. They looked at me as if I were insane and said, "no one mom, go see for yourself" so I did and there was no one in the kitchen. The last incident was close to 2 weeks ago, I walked into the kitchen and got a strong wiff of cigar smoke, but no one here smokes cigars and I have no idea where that smell came from. But the smell stayed in the kitchen for about 15 minutes and then it was gone. There are alot more incidents that we have experienced while living here, but as you can see this is long enough, lol.

I have been told by a few people that I am sensitive to spirits and that is why they are here, but I have no idea if this is true. All I know for sure is that we have had too many weird things happen here and I have no other explenation other than the fact that this apartment is haunted.

Edited by Wraith, 09 November 2006 - 11:00 PM.

Beuty is in the eyes of the beholder. Only what's in your heart really matters, not what you look like. Beuty and good looks fade with time but a pure heart is forever. A pure heart, now that's true beuty!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users