• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#61 Roxie Z

Roxie Z

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:14 AM

I agree - with Opacity - Mr. Motts has some amazing and scary stuff. That's been on my list for quite some time now.
Bestselling Local Author & Proprietor of New England Curiosities Tours & Events. Experience local legends, lore and mystery. New England CuriositiesPosted Image

#62 tayzer

tayzer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:02 PM

HEy i kno ever one has been talking about the undercliff i wanted 2 go there so bad since i live some what near the meridan mall and was supprised not 2 hear about it till 2 days ago. today i talked 2 my freind who went there last friday lets say his names beast this kid i was talking 2 "beast" told me that all the windows were pretty much boreded up and that its just an abanoded institution. so he and his freinds had 2 punch a window 2 get in which they did. they then went in side and contiually saw scratch marks on the wall from people just scratching with their nails and supposedly and accational blood stain. there was also a room with camras all around it and a 10 ft wall that u could climb up he said he was sure that you could but at the time 2 afraid. there is also bared wire and motion sensors. what they could be hidding i dont kno. my freind beast is supposedly going back 2 find out soon so ill let u guys kno. also his freind said he walked into a room that was filled with blood and guts. so as we were talking about this in class we asked our teacher if she heard of this place and she said yes and that it still houses one person. so its not completly abbandonded she swears it was a guy who rapped alot of people and then would beat them with a golf club and that hes 2 dangerous 2 reales. so my freind beast skipped first period yesterday and check out undercliff again and now the window he puched is all bored up. im still skeptical about going with the rappest in there and stuff. nto sure i may if any one knos tell me bout it peace if u liek e-mail me wit any photos of this place the insides and such Tayzer@sbcglobal.net

I think it was used for people with tuberculosis. But I could be wrong.

HEy i kno ever one has been talking about the undercliff i wanted 2 go there so bad since i live some what near the meridan mall and was supprised not 2 hear about it till 2 days ago. today i talked 2 my freind who went there last friday lets say his names beast this kid i was talking 2 "beast" told me that all the windows were pretty much boreded up and that its just an abanoded institution. so he and his freinds had 2 punch a window 2 get in which they did. they then went in side and contiually saw scratch marks on the wall from people just scratching with their nails and supposedly and accational blood stain. there was also a room with camras all around it and a 10 ft wall that u could climb up he said he was sure that you could but at the time 2 afraid. there is also bared wire and motion sensors. what they could be hidding i dont kno. my freind beast is supposedly going back 2 find out soon so ill let u guys kno. also his freind said he walked into a room that was filled with blood and guts. so as we were talking about this in class we asked our teacher if she heard of this place and she said yes and that it still houses one person. so its not completly abbandonded she swears it was a guy who rapped alot of people and then would beat them with a golf club and that hes 2 dangerous 2 reales. so my freind beast skipped first period yesterday and check out undercliff again and now the window he puched is all bored up. im still skeptical about going with the rappest in there and stuff. nto sure i may if any one knos tell me bout it peace if u liek e-mail me wit any photos of this place the insides and such Tayzer@sbcglobal.net

#63 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

I think you should warn your friend about the dangers of trespassing and the illegality of defacing property.

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 10 May 2006 - 05:11 PM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#64 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:20 PM

If there are motion sensors and cameras, do you honestly believe it's closed?

I have found this so far
http://www.us-census...30-T626-273.htm

Institution(s): Undercliff State Tuberculosis Sanatorium

There is also a Mental Health Cntr. on Undercliff Road, however I do not know if it is in the original buildings. If I find anymore I will post. Duke is right, people need to understand the repercussions of their actions and that it is disrespectful to desecrate these building and if you do enter, you will most likely be arrested, if not sustain some sort of bodily harm. These buildings are very old and probably unsafe.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#65 tayzer

tayzer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:31 PM

hey yea i understand the tespassing factor from what i have herd from my teacher there is a rapiest in there and thats what we belive is behind the 10ft wall and has barbed wire around it with motion sensors. he supposedly raped people and then beat them with golf clubs. im still skeptical of going there i think there going some time 2maro idk it dependsd if it rains bad. if any one has any info on them keeping that crzy guy in there let me kno supposedly hes the only one they just keep in there

#66 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:36 AM

if you go up undercliff road it will take you right to one of the old buildings and the rest of the compound but that whole area is all watched so if you do decide to go you should ask for permission or exercise a lot of caution. :Spaz:
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#67 PerfectDrug

PerfectDrug

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:58 PM

quite the imagination on some kiddies.....

tayzer...may i ask your age??

#68 Isis9

Isis9

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:31 PM

Cedar Hill Mental Institution is in Newington CT, and is part of the complex of medical buildings now owned by Hartford Hospital. The building, now boarded up, is an eyesore which is visible from several of the windows of my house. It is about the distance of two city blocks away.

Ever since I moved in, neighborhood children have told me stories about how they have heard noises like crying and screaming when going for "investigations" in the place, and the same kids told me about seeing an apparition there.

I am surprised the place doesn't get more press and media coverage. It is extremely haunted. Even before I found out it was haunted I would get an uneasy feeling looking at the building, in winter, through the twisted branches of the trees it looks especially creepy. I even wrote an email to the Ghost Hunters show to see if they'd be interested in visiting the place, but no word yet.

#69 25thmustang

25thmustang

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:34 PM

I have been to both Undercliff and Cedar Hill...

I have been to both about 5 times, and although havent gone in (Undercliff is near impossible to get in) either, have never once been questioned, or even asked to leave. I have been to both in my car which is extremely loud, and still noone seems to raise an eye brow, It is private property and tresspassing, but I personally have never had an issue.

It would be interesting to go inside either place, but that would be much riskier than driving around and getting out and snapping some pics as I have done.

I have directions to both (exact specific ones if need be) and have been to both if anyone needs any info!
Not a ghost Hunter... but do enjoy going to haunted places and seeing what happens!86, 86, 89, 91, 93, 94, 06 Mustangs!

#70 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:03 PM

Once agian I must stress that we do not condone Trespassing. I would recomend trying to get permission to go anywhere that is closed to the public.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#71 Tim1681

Tim1681

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:27 PM

I talked to the state cop that 'guards' the area the last time i got caught (but i was outside the fence and nowhere close to being inside the building) and he said that in order to get permission I would have to talk to the Commissioner or something to that extent. So good luck getting permission =]

#72 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:46 PM

GOING TO JAIL FOR A PIC OR EVP NOT COOL
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#73 bender

bender

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:08 PM

I am an old old patient at Altobello ( Undercliff ) and it is NOT what everyone talks about what it was. It was a place for troubled kids of all kinds, mostly drug addicts. I myself was addicted to drugs and suicidal, and that is why I was there.
There are a few things that are correct though. I read how the top of the building was burned ( that would be where the kitchen was ). There were not many many many beds in one room. There were many rooms with 2 beds, maybe 3.
There was a room where you were put if you got " out of hand " .
There was also a pool table so we can play pool & a TV room.
We had sessions there where we would talk about problems.
There were 2 sides to the big building on the top of the hill. I was on the left side.
There was a place outside that was fenced with bobwire. That is were we were able to get fresh air, I would guess. You earned points if you behaved. Once you earned enough points you were able to goto the Rainbow House. That house was almost like across the way. You were able to walk there with the staff. It was nothing more than a game house. Nothing but games, books, tv, video games. I ran away after making it to be able to go there. And everyone brace themselves, after running away from that hell hole, I came back because I had nowhere else to go. I made friends in there. We made a song "Welcome to the Hotel Altobello". Lastly, there was the house down the road a little bit. I can not remember the name of that house, but I called it the freedom house. You were able to come and go as you please ( on grounds of course ), you were able to have weekend visits home. I was there for about 8 months, and I have to say, thinking about it all as I am older and I would say wiser, the staff was not bad people. I thought they were when I was there, but they were just doing their jobs. As for it being haunted... I don't know if it is NOW... Like I said, I was there for 8 months and the only thing I ever heard were the screams of the kids being put in the ROOM because they didn't want to be in there, I know I didn't.

Also I read about Elmcrest - I was there too - that was a fricking country club to me. Compared to Altobello, I would take Elmcrest over Altobello anytime.

#74 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:25 PM

Interesting and thank you for the viewpoint from a person who had been there...
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#75 bender

bender

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:40 PM

Hey there everyone, just found this neat place while looking for info on supposedly haunted old asylums, but I've only been able to sadly debunk many things I've heard. For instance, from everything going back to the 1930 US Census, Undercliff seems to be a tuberculosis hospital that eventually became a school until it closed. The real estate information says the "Former Undercliff School" is a 9 acre plot at 72 Undercliff Road, Meriden CT 06451, vacant, but it was never an insane asylum as I'd been told by my sister when I was a kid. I grew up in Meriden, so that one was always my favorite. From satellite photos and maps, I can see Undercliff Road (which I've driven past many times but never entered) has operating buildings only at the very beginning, then curves to the back and ends in a cul-de-sac loop where the big old scary place should be. I figure you can park at Target and try to walk through the woods around back, or park down on Resevoir Street behind it and walk up that way.

Also, unless there is an old one, Cedarcrest on Russel Road in Newington is still fully operational, but all the phone and fax numbers for the hospital start with 666-####. Not that I'm reading into this at all, I just think that's really funny. I didn't think that prefix was ever used for phone numbers, like how only movie and TV numbers start with 555.

Oh, and I've been to Elmcrest, my sister also spent some time there, though they did get shut down for a bit for "restraining" a boy to death (restraining was when they paged Dr. Strong to a location, and all able bodied men would gather there and hold a patient down, often just lying on top of them). When they reopened they had a new name last time I knew, my sister even went back there as an intern... nasty place, but not haunted that I know of. Here's the link to the boy's death, it's the last paragraph all the way at the bottom:

http://www.charlydmi...dcourant14.html

So, I am in New Haven and always interested in gathering for a little investigation and discussion. 25/m, I assume weekends are best for most people, but any day except Wednesdays and Thursdays is good for me.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Altobello was labeled an insane asylum. I was a patient there in the late 80's, so I would know. I wouldn't say I was insane, but I had some serious mental problems in contributing to drug abuse, which was 90% of the patients there in the 80's. Before that and after that, I can not account for.

Interesting and thank you for the viewpoint from a person who had been there...

No problem Dodi.
Like I said - it was creepy, I will not say it wasn't. But lets get real here - anyone put in a house, that you can't leave - is creepy.

I haven't been there since I left, and I never will. I don't like remembering that time of my life.

I am much older, a wife and mother of 4 beautiful children.

Any other questions, I would be more than happy to answer for you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users