• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 natas

natas

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 06:19 PM

Was thinking the other day how you had done a news letter about Satanists and the differance between LaVeyens and Traditionals. Well there is this group that are traditional Satanists who's believes are differant than what Ministery of Satan and Dark Divinity of Satan and other Traditional Satanists. There believes they believe that Satan is an Alien cause Satan isn't from this earth? Go figure :P
The gates of Hell are open, night and day;Smooth the descent, and easy is the way.

#2 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 05:31 AM

Well I for one am not surprised  ;D
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#3 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 02:28 PM

I've heard that angels are really aliens, and that Jesus was decended from aliens; I suppose this is the next logical step.  Using "logical" in a very specialized sense, of course...
What Would Batman Do?

#4 natas

natas

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 05:15 PM

I was in the yahoo chats and came across Joy of satan and they started talking about Satan and all his angels and God him self are Aliens. I do admitt I had a great laugh, not tending to be rude but I am not into believeing in Aliens at all.

Belial
The gates of Hell are open, night and day;Smooth the descent, and easy is the way.

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:57 PM

me! an alien! :o

:-X :-X;)
Posted Image

#6 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 08:20 AM

I would definitely like to do a future article on Devil worship. True LaVey Satanists are actually atheists -- they don't believe in a God above or Devil below.

As far as gods and angels being aliens, that idea has been explored a lot. There is a great book called "Chariots of the Gods" by Erich Von Daniken -- it must be at least several decades old by now. In his book he explores how some descriptions from the Bible sort of match a description of a space craft.

Like a firey shield coming down from Heaven, etc. The theory is that if our species evolved technologically  to the point of being able to travel to and explore distant worlds, and if we found a primitive, intelligent species there -- we would be seen as gods. Because we can fly, we can make fire at will, we can heal the sick, and we have weapons that can take life away just by pointing them at whatever you want to die. The people we find on that distant planet would pray to us, fear us, and probably do whatever we tell them to do.

It's just a theory -- but a great book I'd recommend to anyone who wants to explore that idea.
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#7 natas

natas

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:28 PM

Nahhhh Moon Child ur not an Alien....

The one who has spoken of such group was MWolfLady of Ministery of Satan about the group Joy of Satan. If I remember right she is a member of that group, she said it is a nice learning place but just the fact about Aliens is what messes up the whole ordeal of wanting to learn. To me that part is nothing more than a joke, guess cause I knew every time I saw stuff like that on tv it was all fake and never got into all that Alien stuff :P

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 02:51 PM

Hmmmm...I believe in spirits and ghosts, but I gotta agree, man, I BAD_WORD a skeptical eyebrow at any mention of aliens or abductions
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#9 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 04:10 PM

I would definitely like to do a future article on Devil worship. True LaVey Satanists are actually atheists -- they don't believe in a God above or Devil below.

Why are they called Satanists, then?  Wouldn't not believing in Satan pretty much rule out being a Satanist?
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#10 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 05:42 PM

Why are they called Satanists, then?  Wouldn't not believing in Satan pretty much rule out being a Satanist?

I have always supposed, perhaps unkindly, that they call themselves Satanists to get attention.  But since Jeff Belanger is correct in saying that Satanism is not the same as devil worship, not believing in the devil does not rule out Satanism.
What Would Batman Do?

#11 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:37 AM

But since Jeff Belanger is correct in saying that Satanism is not the same as devil worship, not believing in the devil does not rule out Satanism.

Hmmm... that's interesting.  I would just assume that if you incorporated a proper noun in the title of something, especially a religion (SATANism, CHRISTianity), that you would believe in that person.  Oh, and BTW... Webster's dictionary seems to think that a Satanist worships Satan (or just devils in general).  Perhaps someone would be kind enough to point me in the direction of something which would explain what a non-Satan-worshiping Satanist is?

Personally (until I see further explanation)  I think it's more likely that you were correct, Gregory.  I would assume it is for attention.
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#12 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 12:36 PM

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to point me in the direction of something which would explain what a non-Satan-worshiping Satanist is?

Sure.

http://www.religious...rg/satanism.htm
What Would Batman Do?

#13 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 12:59 PM

Here's the article I wrote on non-Devil worshiping Satanists.

http://www.ghostvill..._05172003.shtml

"Satan," in the Bible is the opposer -- that's where the "Satan" part of it comes from.
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#14 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 01:01 PM

Cool.  Thanks alot, you guys!  :P

#15 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 07:39 PM

[quote] There is a great book called "Chariots of the Gods" by Erich Von Daniken -- it must be at least several decades old by now.

I read that book probably several decades ago ..hehe. It did go into aliens/angels theory. Kinda interesting how it interlock the two.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users