• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 07:52 AM

It was March of 1990 or possibly 91, I had a female friend that was having a problem with an estranged husband stalking her so she moved out of her apartment and moved in with me in an old house that was owned by my parents. The house was basically abandoned and nobody had lived there for three or four years but the electricity was still connected to it. The only room in the house that was usable was my dadís old bedroom, (my dad passed away in 1986 in this room.) It was shortly after midnight when she was startled and woke me. She had seen a man at the end of the bed. I figured she was just having a bad dream due to the things happening with her husband. ( By the way just for the record I was divorced at the time) I talked with her for a while and she described the man and she gave me an exact description of my dad, †I didnít really think much of it. (This also kind of described her husband) We went back to sleep and she woke me again about an hour later by constantly poking me in the ribs. I sat up in the bed to see why she was doing this and thatís when I saw my dad sitting on the end of the bed just as I had seen him do many times during life (in fact this was the place he was sitting when he died). †He just sat there for a moment and just disappeared. Needless to say we got up and quickly got dressed and left. We spent the rest of that night drinking coffee at the waffle house.
The house has been torn down now, but I never told any of the other family members about this. †
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#2 J._Victoria

J._Victoria

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 10:40 AM

CajunKnight,

I just had to smile when I read your account; I've had plenty of strange late-night encounters which end up with me spending the hours until dawn at the Waffle House drinking pots and pots of that god-awful coffee!

-J.

#3 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 21 June 2003 - 10:49 AM

Cajun...I consider you very lucky to have seen your dad again...even in ghost form.  I hope that some time in the future when my parents are gone I can be so lucky!  What a great story....I'm very glad that you decided to share it! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:06 PM

I thought it was just me, that coffee is nasty. Thanks krc the strange part is that he did not seem to notice us he was just there, then again I am kind of glad he didnt. God only knows what he would have said about me having a woman in his bed LOL.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users