Dreaming about a deceased person.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 saimamom

saimamom

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:29 PM

I've never considered myself to be psychic but I trust my gut instinct and listen to my inner voice. I'm consistently right when I do this. I've had dreams that have come true. One telling me about my grandmother passing away. And then after she passed away she appeared in my dream as very tall, strong with full-faced and smiling. She was wearing a long white gown. I knew she was happy and healthy. I was like the size of a child and her hug completely engulfed me in her body. I had an immediate sense of peace. She died bedridden and completely wasted to bones. She couldn't walk or recognize her own children. It was a very long and painful death. I felt the dream was really her speaking to me.

Then a couple days ago I had a dream about a friend who committed suicide over ten years ago. I think about him often and still mourn his death. I'm wondering if souls 'on the other side' still miss their loved ones. I know not all souls find peace after death. Could this dream have been his way of communicating that he still remembers me? Or was it just me?

#2 jamas1129

jamas1129

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:My interests are reading, knitting (which I taught myself how to do), writting poetry, and any kind of writting that I can do. I love to just put twisted stories that I make up on paper. I wrote my first childrens book. (Not published, yet)<br />Most of my time is spent on my children and my husband. They mean more to me than anybody in this world.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:31 PM

I go to a website that analized dreams. Here's what it had said about dreaming of the dead.

To see the dead in your dream, forewarns that you are being influenced by negative people and are hanging around the wrong crowd. You may suffer material loss. This dream may also be a way for you to resolve your feelings with those who have passed on.

If you dream of a person who has died a long time ago, then it suggests that a current situation or relationship in you life resembles the quality of that deceased person. The dream may depict how you need to let this situation or relationship die and end it.

To see and talk with your dead parents in your dreams, represents your fears of losing them or your way of coping with the loss. You may want that last opportunity to say your final good-byes to them.

To see your dead sibling, relative, or friend alive in your dream, indicates that you miss them and are trying to relive your old experiences you had with them. In trying to keep up with the pace of your daily waking life, you dreams may serve as your only outlet in coping and coming to terms with the loss of a loved one.

The site addy is http://www.dreammoods.com/
If you would like to visit it.
There are also things like colors, something someone said, anything that can be broke down to help you figure out the reason behind the dream your having.

I myself had a dream of my grandma, I couldn't decide why I had this dream. I finally realized that she came to me to say Goodbye. I never got a chance to give her a final hug before she passed on. My father thought it would be too hard on me to see her in the hospital. Her and I were very close. She raised me from 12 years old until i was 17 when she passed on.

So not all dreams are meant to be broke down. Some I believe are meant to be just to say hi, or a final Good bye.

Good luck.

#3 saimamom

saimamom

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:43 PM

Jamas, Thank you for the info. That makes sense. I'll have a look at that website.

#4 tifi

tifi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:31 PM

I've never considered myself to be psychic but I trust my gut instinct and listen to my inner voice. I'm consistently right when I do this. I've had dreams that have come true. One telling me about my grandmother passing away. And then after she passed away she appeared in my dream as very tall, strong with full-faced and smiling. She was wearing a long white gown. I knew she was happy and healthy. I was like the size of a child and her hug completely engulfed me in her body. I had an immediate sense of peace. She died bedridden and completely wasted to bones. She couldn't walk or recognize her own children. It was a very long and painful death. I felt the dream was really her speaking to me.

Then a couple days ago I had a dream about a friend who committed suicide over ten years ago. I think about him often and still mourn his death. I'm wondering if souls 'on the other side' still miss their loved ones. I know not all souls find peace after death. Could this dream have been his way of communicating that he still remembers me? Or was it just me?

I do believe that people who have passed over, can come back through dreams... I have had too many occurances from family members over the years. since I was a baby! 1st dream, was of my grandfather.. I was 1 1/2yr old when he died, and I still remember that I was toddling up to him, and he lifts me way up high with a great big smile on his face... I know that what he way of telling me to remember him! That he would have been there for me through life if he could have, and that I was that important for him to visit! My son too, after my mom died when he was 2... he still remember's his dream, and he's now 7!

Always keep an open mind!!
Tifi

Live everyday to the fullest!

#5 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:48 AM

When we begin to go to sleep and as we wake up, we pass through the alpha (altered) state of consciousness, before arriving at the dream level. At the dream level, we produce symbols that are there to help us resolve our emotions from our conscious state.

Our consciousness is operating in waves of being all night long. In the alpha psychic impressions can be received, these are the only windows of time for these impressions.

So even if loved ones do visit us in the dream state, the fact is there is an emotional component that is present. The dream would make more sense at that level.

God bless, J

#6 wrensong

wrensong

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:09 PM

I have had several dreams about deceased relatives and a close friend.

I really believe that they visit us in this way. Sometimes it is just a visit and other times I believe they have something to tell us.

I keep a dream journal and write in it as soon as I wake up. It is amazing how quickly dreams slip away form us.

Wren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users