Our beautiful dog Wauconda passed

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:23 PM

Well, after an amazing year long battle (mostly feeling well and in remission) with cancer our beautiful girl Wauconda passed this morning.

She was my brother in law Peters beloved companion dog for ten years. Wauconda was a working dog who took her job as an assistant dog very seriously, when she wore her vest, she was always quick to pick up things from the floor when Peter (who has extremely limited mobility) dropped them, and to open doors for hom, and even push elevator buttons; but when the vest came off that girl was all about the party, I never knew a doggie with a sweeter smile and personality that that lovely golden lab of ours.

Please send a prayer her way.

Wauconda has brightened Doggie Heaven today, but our world is dimmer without her...

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,124 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss - but perhaps she was taken away from agony only which she knew!

:)

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#3 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

I'm sorry, Spooks, to hear of Wauconda's passing. Sounds like she was truly an amazing little creature who brought a lot of joy and compassionate help into the lives of those who loved her, particularly your brother in law. :)

#4 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

Aweeeeee, dang I hate to hear of such sweet friends passing. I know how much she was loved and how much she will be missed. I wonder if she will still do her duties....such loyality, I bet she will be there for your brother still. I know some that stick around for many years, just to make sure we are cared for.

My heart goes out to you and your family Tracy.

Hugs to all,
Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#5 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:13 PM

Spooks, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your family's beloved dog. Dogs are such amazing creatures who are truly loved just as if they are our children and siblings. They are family members in every way. I know she will be missed, but she will visit when the time is right. I will say a prayer for her happiness in her new endeavor on the next plane.

Love,
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#6 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts &amp; crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:23 PM

Sending our prayers and lighting a candle.
Frither, Mystic Hippy and Pugsley
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#7 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

I am so sorry to hear that she has passed. She sounded like an absolute doggie saint. I'm sure you will miss her greatly. She had a wonderful purpose in life and sounded like a lovely soul.

#8 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:07 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a loved pet. I agree with Leslie about our pets sticking around sometimes. She's not suffering anymore, and she just might be looking out for you still. :) My prayers go out to her spirit and to the people who loved her.

#9 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:13 PM

I'm so sorry Spooks... It definately sounds as though Wauconda entered your lives for a very special reason. Animals are such a bright spot in our lives (I know that I would be so lonely without the constant companionship of Harry and Stella over the past 6 years.). You and your brother are in my thoughts during this difficult time while you adjust to the loss of a fur baby...
Love
Lex
Love life.

#10 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

Thank you my darling friends, it means so much to know that people understand and care about such things.

Love to all of you,

Spooks

Edited by spooksareus, 04 August 2007 - 10:14 PM.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#11 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:28 PM

Posted Image

#12 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:10 AM

~Oh Spooksie....my heart breaks for you and your family. Please know that we're sending our prayers your way.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#13 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

I am sorry to hear about you little friend passing away, sending my love and prayers your way... ;)
Flormarina
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#14 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:23 AM

Love and prayers to all of you. :hug: Those assistant dogs are amazing, dedicated and smart.
Wauconda sounds like she had a wonderful live. I picture that vest coming off and her being a party animal.
;) That is too funny.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#15 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:15 PM

Thanks again for the kind words...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users