The after-life

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

A post on one of my replies got me to thinking.... The after-life,does it just end,do we come back,if so how many times?... I do believe in life after death and life before birth. This life is precious and we all have a purpose whether we believe in a higher power or not. In no way do hope wish to offend anyone in there belief systems only wish to understand the self. I think once we have accomplished all we are ment to (spiritually,soully) we will return to the ultament source we came from...Something like "A star is born and A star burns out".
Just looking for other views and opinions on this ...Thank you.
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

I have come to believe that reincarnation or multiple lives does happen. I think our souls incarnate to learn lessons and that our souls come back to earth as many times as it takes to learn the lessons. In some cases, they incarnate as an act of mercy to other souls or as an example. I don't know if I am explaining this well.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:55 PM

The life we have here is the real death.
Posted Image

#4 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

I agree with the OP. I think we live many lives until we learn all of the earthly lessons we need so that we can return to the Creator with all of the wisdom we have. gained
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

~I believe that we definately do come back after death...some quickly and some not so quickly. How in the world can we have all these emotions, memories, feelings and then *poof* they're gone when we die?? There's more to what I think, as far as scars and beauty marks haolding hands with our past life, but I have a hard time putting things like that into words without utterly confusing the other person.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#6 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

I believe that when we die, we can do as we wish, wether it be reincarnation or leaping across different planes.

"We are All Born Dead, The End exists before Anything Begins." - Bleach
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#7 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:45 PM

One aspect of multiple earth lives bothers me. When we are born, we forget everything. How are we to learn if we can't remember our past mistakes?

I believe in a single mortal experience and a resurrection into an immortal physical body at some point.

How long does eternity last? Longer than the mortal mind can comprehend.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#8 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:23 AM

One aspect of multiple earth lives bothers me. When we are born, we forget everything. How are we to learn if we can't remember our past mistakes?

I believe in a single mortal experience and a resurrection into an immortal physical body at some point.

I believe the reason we forget is because our squishy human brain can't take in what our soul has seen. This is why some people can remember things from past lives. I think we all have multiple squishy lives, and I feel as though I have an ounce of proof (not physical mind you).

I haven't done a whole lot in my life, but I know what it feels like to be on a plane. I know what it feels like to murder in cold blood. I know the emotions and thoughts going through your head right before you take your own life. I know what it feels like to give birth (I'm a male, always been).

I've never done any of these things in my life, but I believe I've done them in past lives. I know the feelings, the emotions, even the smell of these things. Now I know some would think I have a wicked imagination and I just think I know, but some things I've known the feeling of long before I've done them. this may not be a great example, but I had a bad bike accident once, the first really bad one I've ever had, but I knew long before it how it would feel to break a rib. Although in the feeling I had about it, it was a boot to the chest that broke it, but when I hit the ground from my bike, I knew the feeling right away. It wasn't a bruise, and it wasn't just pain, it was broken.

So all in all, I believe in multiple lives, but I believe you have the choice as to when and if you come back. I don't know what the compulsion would be to come back to the horrors of physical life, but maybe it IS all just a quest for knowledge.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#9 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:40 AM

Totally agree with you aloha!

A one time ride here is good enough for me.

#10 fatman

fatman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

No one knows what happens. You can guess and believe all you want, but in reality there is no proof other than paranormal/ghost encounters (gives us hope, I guess) and people with pass-life memories. It's all guess-work. A lot of the beliefs are pleasant and desirable. Too many beliefs, though, are toooo grounded in the human existance, such as multiple virgins awaiting one in the afterlife (if you didn't respect women in life, why are you looking forward to them in death: you know who you are.), being saved so I can do as I please in life and I'll be forgiven in heaven (as I have been told by relatives; what BS), or doing in the after-life what you couldn't do in life (sounds like wishful thinking). I prefer to hear reasonable....reasoning (possible?). Too much of it sounds like absolute childish fantasy, but that's not necessarily bad. Who am I to say it's not going to happen? I just trying to look at this with absolute reasoning and common sense (no offense).
I guess I should say that your personal beliefs are fine as long as one doesn't try to pass them off as rock-solid. No one knows at all. So just exist with your belief, be good to people, don't kick that puppy for crapping on your lawn (unless no one is looking), and don't be an a-hole about your beliefs and who knows, it may all come true.
Since I'm a non-believer, I hope when it all comes to an end and it turns out that I'm wrong, then I hope that god has a good judge of character and merit and lets me in anyway, never mind that puppy kicking thing. It was my lawn anyway and it wasn't the first time. Stupid puppy.
Can you tell I don't take religion seriously?

#11 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:38 AM

I'm Christian, so I think there's only one Earthly life. Although I think we might exist in spirit/soul form before we are born. Maybe we are created (soul created), take the SAT (life), and deal with the consequences of our scores (afterlife depending on life choices).

Edited by Spookydog, 21 August 2009 - 10:40 AM.

#12 fatman

fatman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

I'm Christian, so I think there's only one Earthly life. Although I think we might exist in spirit/soul form before we are born. Maybe we are created (soul created), take the SAT (life), and deal with the consequences of our scores (afterlife depending on life choices).

But that is still grounded in the human existance: taking a test. Testing is sooo a man-created way of rating, judging, etc. I can understand the reasoning, though. Still, there are so many conflicting and contradicting aspects about the whole thing that I just want to go bang my head on a wall, but not sheetrock; it's fragile.
Actually, that would be a good way for a-holes, creeps and truely dangerous people to get what they deserve that they didn't receive in life, but not likely. Remember, bad things happen to good people and good things happend to bad people. Justice, legal or otherwise, isn't fair in life and it most likely isn't in the afterlife, but that's relative to your point of belief.

#13 SUPAMEOM

SUPAMEOM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:38 AM

Has anyone read the book Many Lifes many Masters? Fascinating topic.
I will learn to let go what I cannot change I will learn to forgive what I cannot change

#14 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

But that is still grounded in the human existance: taking a test. Testing is sooo a man-created way of rating, judging, etc. I can understand the reasoning, though. Still, there are so many conflicting and contradicting aspects about the whole thing that I just want to go bang my head on a wall, but not sheetrock; it's fragile.
Actually, that would be a good way for a-holes, creeps and truely dangerous people to get what they deserve that they didn't receive in life, but not likely. Remember, bad things happen to good people and good things happend to bad people. Justice, legal or otherwise, isn't fair in life and it most likely isn't in the afterlife, but that's relative to your point of belief.

Not that you interpreted me wrong, but I think I forgot or couldn't figure a way to include another piece of that analogy. While I do think that life is a test, I think a lot, if not more, of it is a learning experience. Maybe a better analogy would be birth, school through career, then retirement.

#15 fatman

fatman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:09 AM

Not that you interpreted me wrong, but I think I forgot or couldn't figure a way to include another piece of that analogy. While I do think that life is a test, I think a lot, if not more, of it is a learning experience. Maybe a better analogy would be birth, school through career, then retirement.

Yes, with that I agree. Sometimes too testing. Too bad life isn't scan-tron testing. I would rather bubble in the answers than go through some of what I've gone through.
Retirement?! What's that?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users