Past lives/reincarnation?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:17 PM

What is everyone's views on past lives/reincarnation? Do you believe this is possible and why?
Posted Image

#2 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:51 PM

Great question Cynthia!!!! I love this topic. I guess I'll be one of the first to respond.

Yes, I do believe in Reincarnation and past lives. I do because I believe that the soul has to experience every type of life/human situation on the Earth Plane before it can move to and stay on the next higher plane. In order to gain wisdom a soul must experience every human condition possible so that it can be of help to humans as Guides later. I believe our spirit guides were once humans who lived many lives on earth. Perhaps as many as 10,000 or more. Angels were never human and are simply God's Messengers that he sends to us to help us and answer our prayers. Sometimes the answer to our prayers is no; and that is an important thing to keep in mind.

Also, I believe that souls come back with the same souls to work out Karma that they didn't in a previous life. For example: my mother went to a woman in the 1960s who told her that in a previous life cycle, I was her mother. Julie Rosenshein, our mentor, told my daughter and I that she was my mother in the last life. I believe that is what soul-mates are too. Most people think of soul-mates as purly romantic, but they can be, but most often are souls that we've known in previous lives. So when you have that feeling that you've known someone before, or you just have a great connection, chances are you lived together in some relationship in a previous life. I'm sure my dad and I have been related in the past as well.

I hope this was a good start to this thread and I can't wait to hear what others have to say.

Thanks for bringing up a great topic!!! :)
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:01 PM

Here are some links to discussions we've had in the past here at the Village. I'm sure you'll find some interesting things to read.

http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=13446
http://www.ghostvill...y...=18914&st=0
http://www.ghostvill...php/t16823.html

Happy Reading!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:12 PM

That is very interesting, Kira! Thanks for your insight on the subject.

Redhead- thanks for posting the links to the previous topics about this subject matter. I enjoyed going over the topics & replies to see what others had to say.

I don't know exactly where I stand on my views of the subject at this point, but I wouldn't dismiss the fact that it may be totally possible. It very well could be possible and may contribute a person's character shaping and why some feel connected to certain places, times, etc...

It's definately something that I will continue to explore. I hope others here will add their thoughts to this topic!
Posted Image

#5 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:07 AM

Yes, I'm a firm believer in re-incarnation. I have seen the past lives of myself as well as a couple of others. I firmly believe in this.
Posted Image

#6 Virgo/Libra Cusp

Virgo/Libra Cusp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:The unknown and mis-understood

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:11 PM

I believe in reincarnation as well. For very similar reasons as Kira. I believe that we get sent back till we get it right. And with how my life has been, I know that I've got a few more lives to go thru. I wonder about this.
How would I go about looking for someone who does past life readings? I've heard this exists, but wouldn't know where to look...
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints in our hearts...and we are never, ever the same. - Author Unknown

#7 moses_the_boxer

moses_the_boxer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:I love to hear about spirts and ghost.<br />crafts, going fishing, and just alot of outside stuff<br />

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

Virgo, I feel that way 100%. I do too believe in past lifes. I feel it in my soul. There are people that i know I know, but not really. I do think that I will be back. Not quit have it all right yet.

God Bless
Yvonne :Wall:

#8 lostinsprits

lostinsprits

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

What is everyone's views on past lives/reincarnation? Do you believe this is possible and why?

It would seem if you beleive in sprits, then you would have to also beleive in reincarnation. I know that sprits do exist, there for they have passed and come back, or never left but returned in a diffrent form. Yes, that leaves the very deffinition of the word reincarnation up to debate, but follow me here.

If a soul/sprit comes from somewhere, and we all know that the sheer act of conception and making a body and a house for the soul doesn't in turn create the soul its self, then when that body dies, the sould goes on, we that know there are sprits know this as well. Im my very humble appinion and Im no expert as I don't beleive unless someone has actually died they can be an expert of the dead.. but...
What if this plane of existance isn't the real one. What if this is like a school that the soul/sprit visits for a short time before returning home again? Each time there is a lesson to be learned, the soul returns to "school" I beleive we all come back, and for diffrent amounts of time. I also beleive we spend more time on a diffrent plain than we do here. This would bring some readers to the topic of heven and hell, in whitch I respond, that good and evil is not always set in stone like we would like. If you like coffee and I hate coffee, then for you it is good and for me it is bad, so... Is there coffee in heaven? Yes that makes it way to simple but... back to reincarnation.

How could mankind jump so quickly into technology, from almost the stone age to Poof!... rocket ships if we didn't somehow retain knowlage of this world? As you can see... My hands up for the YEAY! vote... It must exist.

#9 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:02 PM

I agree completely with lostinspirits that Earth is school for souls. Souls come here to learn life lessons, then go to another plane to reflect on what they've learned and gain more insight. They spend time there, maybe 100s or even 1000s of years and then when the time is right, decide to come back and learn more lessons. Sometimes souls reincarnate immediately, that is according to a book I'm reading right now called "Indigo Adults" by Jaffe and Davidson, but most wait at least a few generations. The time spent on the other plane is not the same way time exists on earth either, so what be 1000 earth years is only a blink of an eye on that plane. It is all fascinating, and I've often wondered too if this is the "real world." I don't think it is for souls, but it is for human bodies.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned this previously, not only does each soul have a lesson or several to learn on earth, but also a lesson or lessons to teach. For example when a baby dies at a very young age, it's purpose is to teach a lesson to the parents about loss. I remember watching a show with Shirley McClaine where she talked about that. I think it was when she was promoting her book, "Out on a Limb," several years ago on the Oprah Show.

I guess the question then becomes, what is reality?
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#10 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:43 PM

It would seem if you beleive in sprits, then you would have to also beleive in reincarnation. I know that sprits do exist, there for they have passed and come back, or never left but returned in a diffrent form. Yes, that leaves the very deffinition of the word reincarnation up to debate, but follow me here.

If a soul/sprit comes from somewhere, and we all know that the sheer act of conception and making a body and a house for the soul doesn't in turn create the soul its self, then when that body dies, the sould goes on, we that know there are sprits know this as well. Im my very humble appinion and Im no expert as I don't beleive unless someone has actually died they can be an expert of the dead.. but...
What if this plane of existance isn't the real one. What if this is like a school that the soul/sprit visits for a short time before returning home again? Each time there is a lesson to be learned, the soul returns to "school" I beleive we all come back, and for diffrent amounts of time. I also beleive we spend more time on a diffrent plain than we do here. This would bring some readers to the topic of heven and hell, in whitch I respond, that good and evil is not always set in stone like we would like. If you like coffee and I hate coffee, then for you it is good and for me it is bad, so... Is there coffee in heaven? Yes that makes it way to simple but... back to reincarnation.

How could mankind jump so quickly into technology, from almost the stone age to Poof!... rocket ships if we didn't somehow retain knowlage of this world? As you can see... My hands up for the YEAY! vote... It must exist.

I find it totally plausable that a person can believe in the exsistance of spirits (ghosts, etc.) and not exactly believe in reincarnation.

I have experienced the paranormal, therefore I believe. I have no experience with reincarnation. I don't feel as though my soul has lived before. With that being said, just because I don't have any experiences to point me in the direction of believing doesn't mean that it isn't possible, it just simply means I have nothing to tie myself into saying completely that reincarnation is absolute.

For example, say my favorite color is generic primary blue (which it isn't). Just because that is my favorite color, would you assume that I like all shades of blue just because I like primary blue?

However, I do feel connected to certain places, most of which I have never visited. Does that mean my I have an "old soul" so-to-speak? I don't nessecarily think so. With that being said, I do find it an interesting subject and something I will be looking into further. I don't have a ton of knowledge on the subject, so I just can't very well dismiss the fact of reincarnation as gibberish. However, I can't nessecarily say that I 100% believe either.

Hopefully, some of what I said made sense. Sometimes I seem to get lost in thought and it doesn't come out quite as intelligent as I had hoped. lol

Edited by Cynthia_TN, 08 February 2008 - 11:45 PM.

Posted Image

#11 lostinsprits

lostinsprits

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:26 AM

I have to disagree with a child dying being a lesson in loss. We all suffer loss in life and through out our entire life. My cultre teaches that a soul chooses its parents. When my kids would get mad at me I would always say "you choose me" *grins*
I think sometimes that mistakes are made and you get into the wrong body and need to go back, or something happens and you need to return, like waking from a dream. This is with the thought that this life is in essence like a dream state, and the place you really live is somewhere else. I think the one thing we tend to forget, and if you have ever shared your life with sprits you will know this to be true, is that we... sprit or the body impared, are driven by emotions. Its not thought, but feel that drives us. If you work with animals you will learn this very quickly. We are after all the human animal. We thrive on feel. So when we learn, we are not learning to build a sky scraper, we are learning to love, forgive, exccept, or trust. We are learning the hard stuff that books can't teach in one life time. Yes, loss does make us feel, but that can't be the lesson. Exceptance can, and you don't need the death of a child to teach that. I don't think in the "real world" death is seen as a loss. I don't think it is seen at all really as anything but a cycle. That cycle says that the mourning mother will have another baby next season, and it will be the one who choose her. That lesson may also say that becuse of the death of the first child, the second ( who could even be the first in soul) will be treated diffrently somehow, and now the lesson not for the mother, but for the new soul can be learned.

#12 lostinsprits

lostinsprits

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:43 AM

I find it totally plausable that a person can believe in the exsistance of spirits (ghosts, etc.) and not exactly believe in reincarnation.

I have experienced the paranormal, therefore I believe. I have no experience with reincarnation. I don't feel as though my soul has lived before. With that being said, just because I don't have any experiences to point me in the direction of believing doesn't mean that it isn't possible, it just simply means I have nothing to tie myself into saying completely that reincarnation is absolute.

For example, say my favorite color is generic primary blue (which it isn't). Just because that is my favorite color, would you assume that I like all shades of blue just because I like primary blue?

However, I do feel connected to certain places, most of which I have never visited. Does that mean my I have an "old soul" so-to-speak? I don't nessecarily think so. With that being said, I do find it an interesting subject and something I will be looking into further. I don't have a ton of knowledge on the subject, so I just can't very well dismiss the fact of reincarnation as gibberish. However, I can't nessecarily say that I 100% believe either.

Hopefully, some of what I said made sense. Sometimes I seem to get lost in thought and it doesn't come out quite as intelligent as I had hoped. lol

That makes absolute sence. Of course we as humans need to feel conected in some way to a theory such as this. With no connection, there is doubt. Like you I don't feel like you have been here before. Im in a unique situation with sprits that Im able to understand things I can't put into words. I have ask investigators to study this and they have found things they have never seen before. To sum it up, I have a long term relationship that is very sound, with sprits in a way that is unique unto its self. Becuse of this I have learned a few things. Some go against everything I have ever been taught or beleived. However it is undenyable.
My point being if I told you what I know, and it goes against the very grain of your teachings then with out my experiance, you would have no reason for faith or belief. This is the human animal... we need to experiance things. We need to feel them for our selves and only in that way can we actually learn. Thus the reason for reincarnation. This experiance that Im "blessed" with is why I say I don't beleive that all reincarnation is in the body. I beleive that we make choices and can come back in what ever form we need to for that time.
Lets say for example that you have a "ghost" that "ghost" can move about, is very aware of everyting you say and do. Can move objects. reacts to your emotional state and you react to its... ( just like a real life person) It can leave the home with you, do everything a person does, but with out the skin. Is this a ghost? or a sprit that came back to learn? Or maybe even teach?
Becuse we have no memory of being a sprit, we can't say. We don't know if we have a choice, or if we do come back at all. What I can say, what I know in my heart is that as long as we learn everyday, not what is in books but what is in the hearts of people, we are growing. When we take the time to realize the person that cut us off in traffic is having a bad day, or that the mother at the bus stop with a cring baby needs a kind word, we have learned. Its not how many times we return, its how many times we learn. Exceptance, unconditional love, the value of others.. I beleive those are our lessons and as long as we put those things first, the rest is just another day in school.

#13 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:47 PM

Virgo/Libra Cusp
How would I go about looking for someone who does past life readings? I've heard this exists, but wouldn't know where to look...

Just google progression therapy and you will be able to narrow some one down from your area.
A good place to start would be The Brian L. Weiss Institute.
His web site can help you find some one that does regression therapy in your area.
He is a doctor and an author of many interesting books on the subject.

This is what I did when I wanted to find someone to regress me.
It worked well I found some one 25 min. away at a good price.
I was pleased with the results.

Edited by bardo, 09 February 2008 - 11:51 PM.

Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#14 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

Past lives and reincarnation? Yep, very much a firm believer! I haven't been able to pin down the name yet, but my most recent past life was a WWII German fighter pilot. I know that he flew tons of missions, mostly against the Allied bombers, and that he survived the war, but little past that. It was strange to the first time it came to me as an adult, for as a child, I would build the a
WWII models from the kits (remeber those days folks?) and would always be drawn to the German aircraft, or the B17. When I was stationed in Germany, we had to take a 1 week language course while inprocessing. I aced the class by day 2, and my instructor was curious where my Southern German accent had come from, even though she was teaching proper High German. I experienced numerous dreams, intense ones most nights, for the four years I was there, of flying and shooting down American bombers and fighters. I find the irony in that in one dream I would swear that the nose art on one of the 17's was that of the one my own grandfather flew on. Way too weird!! The dreams subsided after I left, although once a week I would have a dream about the post I was stationed, which I later discovered housed an underground hanger during the war! Just recently, during a PX run for stuff, a display was showing videos of compiled WWII footage. One was about B17's, but my friends were laughing, because apparently unknown to me, I was involuntarily moving my right hand as if contorl the flight stick of a plane!

All that said, yeppers, count me in on the believers side!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#15 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:31 AM

Past lives and reincarnation? Yep, very much a firm believer! I haven't been able to pin down the name yet, but my most recent past life was a WWII German fighter pilot. I know that he flew tons of missions, mostly against the Allied bombers, and that he survived the war, but little past that. It was strange to the first time it came to me as an adult, for as a child, I would build the a
WWII models from the kits (remeber those days folks?) and would always be drawn to the German aircraft, or the B17. When I was stationed in Germany, we had to take a 1 week language course while inprocessing. I aced the class by day 2, and my instructor was curious where my Southern German accent had come from, even though she was teaching proper High German. I experienced numerous dreams, intense ones most nights, for the four years I was there, of flying and shooting down American bombers and fighters. I find the irony in that in one dream I would swear that the nose art on one of the 17's was that of the one my own grandfather flew on. Way too weird!! The dreams subsided after I left, although once a week I would have a dream about the post I was stationed, which I later discovered housed an underground hanger during the war! Just recently, during a PX run for stuff, a display was showing videos of compiled WWII footage. One was about B17's, but my friends were laughing, because apparently unknown to me, I was involuntarily moving my right hand as if contorl the flight stick of a plane!

All that said, yeppers, count me in on the believers side!

Wow, thats some pretty interesting stuff there! Thanks for sharing that!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users