Wisconsin Hauntings

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 SpookedindaShaw

SpookedindaShaw

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

I'll be more specific it might lead to something. Next to Wizard Quest there is a building that I believe was once the base for the Upper Dells Boat tour. It is a bi-level strip mall type building. As of this past Sunday (8-29-2010) it was still abandoned. In the past (going back 21 years) I have had a very uneasy feeling about this place. Yesterday I was fine, until I returned back to Waukesha. While thinking about the place that old uneasy feeling and an image of the building kept showing up in my mind. I am a skeptic/scientist at heart. If there is something paranormal going on...cool! But I believe that most things can be explained via scientific and historical research. Those that cannot be explained are the ones that intrigue me. I have had other personal experiences most recently at the Fox and Hounds a known Haunt in Hubertus. I would like to return there to do more investigating and figure out what I was actually feeling or to duplicate the feeling and maybe get some answers.

What bugs me the most about my most recent experience at the dells is that it is an uneasy feeling that actually scares me to the point where sleep becomes difficult. The feeling and the place are on my mind for almost the entire night. Much like the feeling I got when I had nightmares as a kid. I am wondering if there is any truth to the EMF theory, or if this is a place that is known to be active. If so, my journey will lead me back there. with my very rudimentary equipment and a much more open mind.
"I'm not dead! yes you are you'll be stone dead in a moment." - Monty Python

#32 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:10 PM

The Dells boat trips still dock there but the lower/basement level isn't used any longer. You buy your tickets up by Bailey's, then go down the stairs to board the tour boats. There are shops in the upper level that are still in use and I think there's an ice cream place (or there was one earlier this summer) that is nice to stop at after a boat tour. I've never heard anything about that building being haunted, but I will ask my friends who live in the Dells if they've ever heard anything about it.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#33 SpookedindaShaw

SpookedindaShaw

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

I appreciate that. If anything I will head back up in the fall when it is less busy and spend a few hours on the grounds with my simple tools. Hopefully I will be able to get some answers. IF anything I will fire up my EMF generator and see if a concentrated amount of eletromagnetic energy has the same effect as the field that could be created by a major tourist destination like the dells.

#34 Roisindubh

Roisindubh

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

So this is the first time I've been to this forum, I stumbled upon it while searching for something and I figured someone here might be able to help me out.

My friend who lives in Stevens Point called to share an experience she recently had while visiting an old abandoned house, or more like mansion as she described. She said it's one of the, if not the oldest house in the city. It's located more on the outskirts and is surrounded by cornfields. Apparently the story is that a husband and wife lived there and had a girl who was mentally challenged. Because this was a long time ago when most people didn't know how to handle the situation, they locked her up in a bedroom and never let her leave. Because of this, she didn't grow right and suffered deformities resulting in not being able to walk correctly and was only able to crawl. Eventually they started to run out of money and supposedly resorted to performing abortions and other hushed surgeries, that as you can imagine resulted in deaths. The wife also would try to sell flowers door to door. But their money situation didn't get any better and the husband shot his wife and daughter, then himself. Now the house is rumored to be very haunted and no one has lived there since. I guess the activity is just your typical paranormal happenings. One that I thought was interesting is that the homes close to this will experience a woman knocking at their door trying to sell them flowers and when they turn around to get money, no one will be there when they turn back. According to my friend, the murders are on record and everything.

Now, my friend went here. Apparently the chair that they performed the botched surgeries in is still there and most of the house is in decent condition because it's made of stone. Some of their old belongings are still there as well. As for the experience, she says she was in a room while her two friends were in the hallway, when she heard thumping from the door on the other side of the room. She turned around to see the doorknob turning and when she opened it no one was there. She also said she was in what was supposedly the girls room and was just looking out the window into the field when she felt a hand tug at her shorts.

So my question is, has anyone heard of this place? I've grown up in Wisconsin and as teenagers looking for reckless adventure, we searched and searched for places like these and I've never heard of it. Even now I still look up Wisconsin haunts for fun, and to possibly work my amateur ghost hunting skills, but I've never heard of this. She plans on taking me there the next time I visit her so I'll get back to you about it I guess but I wanted to do some reading about the place first. If anyone has info it would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I belong to a number of paranormal forums so I'll probably stick around here.

#35 SpookedindaShaw

SpookedindaShaw

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:05 PM

WOO HOO! Got that old funky feeling again, this time in a different spot. I was working on S KK avenue just south of the City of Milwaukee border behind a church/school. There is a cemetery behind the buildings. I parked my truck next to a shed and began my work. While I was returning to my truck to put my equipment away, I got that funky feeling in my head again. This thankfully wasn't as creepy as my reoccurring Dells experiences. This was more along the lines of feeling like something or someone was there. Unfortunately I had nothing with me at the time to try and do a quick investigation, but the spot has been marked on my GPS to perhaps take the little lady with me and try and get some evidence. She has a knack for finding possible orbs and shadows. Hopefully!!!!

Also the time is fast approaching so please allow me to be the first to wish everyone a happy Halloween!

BOO!
C

#36 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

I myself have seen dark things on the road in front of Maribel caves hotel, and a little down the road from it.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#37 SpookedindaShaw

SpookedindaShaw

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:51 PM

I myself have seen dark things on the road in front of Maribel caves hotel, and a little down the road from it.

Sweet! The ever popular portal to hell! I'd like to get out there sometime. The place seems totally cool. From what I have read (God Bless my Weird Wisconsin book) the portal is supposedly right in front of the main front entrance. good place to drop a digital voice recorder between ohhh say 3 and 4 a.m.??

#38 SpookedindaShaw

SpookedindaShaw

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:59 PM

Oh Random thought! Has anyone taken the Haunted Third Ward Tour? Or know of anything at the Third Ward on the south end of Down Town Milwaukee? I work in the area, and have heard of some activity, but was wondering if other people have any information about it. The place in and of itself is really cool, I thought it would be a heckuva lot cooler if the reports of paranormal activity were true.

Boo!

C

#39 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

Interesting stories ill have to check some out.

Sweet! The ever popular portal to hell! I'd like to get out there sometime. The place seems totally cool. From what I have read (God Bless my Weird Wisconsin book) the portal is supposedly right in front of the main front entrance. good place to drop a digital voice recorder between ohhh say 3 and 4 a.m.??

Don't get caught on the property they prosecute to the fullest and the owners live right next to it. The old well was actually like a fountain its filled in with dirt now.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#40 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

Do Not Tresspass on Private Property. Ever. It is against the law. And it also gives serious-minded investigators a very bad rap, making it more and more difficult for us to get permission to be at these locations. All you need to do is contact the owners and ask if you can go there at night. Be honest and be a good citizen and respect the rights of others.

Edited by Redhead, 29 October 2010 - 04:05 PM.

"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#41 barelyseen

barelyseen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Hello all ghost seekers<br /><br />curious seeker of ideas in regards to real hauntings, books, photographs.<br /><br />

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:25 AM

Greetings All

There is a new book on Lake Mills, Wisconsin. Its called "Legendary Ghost Stories of Lake Mills.

Its o.k. although I heard they plan to come out with another book.

#42 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:52 AM

Welcome to GV barelyseen

#43 TanyaMike

TanyaMike

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Hello we are new to this site just stumbled upon it searching for new places to explore. We have been to many of the places that everyone has spoken about and have found very little to no activity. If anyone knows of a great place to go where we will actually see or experience things make it a well worth it a drive. We are located in Appleton, Wi
Below is the list of places we have been too

Callan Rd
Maribel Caves (Hotel Hell)
Dartford Cemetary
Grave of Kate Blood

Also we do Have Chads book and are slowly going thru the places listed in there and we havent had much luck yet.
Any true help would be great.

#44 Murphy

Murphy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Spirits and getting squeezed by life.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

For all in the Wisconsin area and those planning a trip here - strange hauntings of my beloved state. These are all reputably haunted sites in Wisconsin. Though there are hundreds of 

Happy Hunting 

Viv

Wisconsin's Hauntings:

- Aztalan State Park/Rock Lake (Lake Mills, Wis.) – One of Wisconsin’s great archeological sites with a long and interesting history. Aztalan is the site of an ancient Indian camp. Several Indian burial mounds exist here (supposedly in the hundreds) as well as vast, flat-topped mounds. Various and strong psychic feelings felt here. There is a museum at the park which is worth a look. I went here a long time ago and remembered feeling strangely in certain areas. Restoration was in progress when I was here in an attempt to re-create this once thriving Indian community which was abandoned suddenly and mysteriously by its Indian inhabitants. Definitely a hot-spot for paranormal activity. On the bottom of nearby Rock Lake (supposedly linked to Aztalan), conical shaped mounds have been discovered and sensitive people have reported very strange feelings while boating there.

Wisconsin's Hauntings Cont.:

- Lake View Tuberculosis Sanitarium (Madison, Wis.) - I have studied this spot quite extensively. The sanitarium itself is a lovely building and, if one is sensitive, there is a very powerful psychic sense about it. I have heard of no hauntings in the sanitarium or the buildings surrounding it. The cemetery and woods on the property of the sanitarium, however, are purportedly haunted. Here is what I discovered: The cemetery showed definite signs of psychic activity (which others have also felt), especially on the eastern end that borders the woods behind the sanitarium. Photos taken by other researchers in the cemetery reveal possible paranormal activity (mists). The woods behind the sanitarium are haunted by, what I strongly believe to be, a very angry or evil presence. Ghost sightings have occurred in the woods, as well. There are numerous artifacts in the woods of the foundations of at least two outbuildings and the smoke stacks that once stood there. It appears there is satanic activity going on in these woods. Bizarre bits of cow bone were discovered laying on tops of dead leaves (this could possibly have been a joke, but, I’m not sure), strange formations of logs, bizarre spray-painting, etc. all give me the impression that bizarre characters are hanging out there and may be involved in satanic rituals. It also appears to be a place for college kids to hang out while up to no good. Be careful in this area and emotionally ready yourself before an investigation. The land may very well have been the site of an old Indian camp due to the location on a hill overlooking water and the tremendous history of Indians in and around the Madison area. This could explain the “stalking” sensation I experienced while researching in the woods. Whatever was “stalking” me and my fiancé here, also followed us home. So, prepare yourself and take a few friends along if you go there. It’s a nice place to visit during the day, however I would highly recommend not going there at night. There are too many odd characters hanging about.

- Orton Park (Madison, Wis.) – This was the site of Madison’s first cemetery. The bodies were exhumed in the late 1800’s and moved to another larger cemetery in Madison. There is a lot of activity here including over-whelming psychic feelings. I and another person with me heard a voice while approaching this park (not sure if the voice was connected to the park or not, but the voice was in reference to the park), there is the spirit of a little boy, psychic images reported and other various paranormal activity. The video we took while there recorded nothing paranormal.

- Picnic Point (Madison, Wis.) – Several people (myself included) have had various experiences here, including detailed psychic images. It is, supposedly, one of the most active places in Madison.

Thanks, for this info.

#45 Thor2000

Thor2000

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Mythology, Haunted Houses, Movies and Television

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

I've got a nice list of haunted places for Wisconsin - The one that I'd like to visit are the Summerwind ruins near land O Lakes - which are possibly on private property.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users