• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:47 AM

I have been doing my research on EVP's, so I get a better understanding of how to do them and I've learned something rather disturbing (for me anyway)...

I have seen some people say that EVP's are like a Ouiji board in some ways because it can open a gateway...

I'm curious as to some of your opinions on this and how does one protect themself if this is the case???

I look forward to your responses...

Chrisotpher
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,206 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:52 AM

Personally I find that EVP's are merely a way of recording the voice, and I don't think it can open a portal like an Ouija does (if it does). I am sure someone with expertise would help you out.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#3 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:23 AM

I have been doing my research on EVP's, so I get a better understanding of how to do them and I've learned something rather disturbing (for me anyway)...

I have seen some people say that EVP's are like a Ouiji board in some ways because it can open a gateway...

I'm curious as to some of your opinions on this and how does one protect themself if this is the case???

I look forward to your responses...

Chrisotpher

No, no, no, no!! Those people that told you this do not have any idea on what they are talking about. There is no way in hell that Ouiji board is like taking evp. Ouiji board does open a doorway to the other side but recording evp is not even close to comparision. Evp is just like taking a pic. What you see is what you get and what you hear is what you get. Simple explanation! Evp does not open a portal hole at all. When you gather evp at a specific area, all they are doing is trying to communicate with you. Evp is safe and useing the board is not safe!! Evp is my favorite part of investigations and if there was anyway that evp would open a portal hole for anything to come through, my evp fun would be terminated!! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#4 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:00 PM

Evp is my favorite part of investigations and if there was anyway that evp would open a portal hole for anything to come through, my evp fun would be terminated!! Dave

Agreed!!! ;) I believe "where" people go to collect the EVP and how they spiritually protect themselves is the problem..... many people, especially those out there for the first time, go to cemeteries and start recording.... cemeteries are notorious haunts for what are considered human spirits as well as inhuman---most of which are considered angelic or demonic.... it has been said that the demons feed off of the energy produced by the rotting flesh and the negative emotions which gather in the graveyard..... and they are always looking for new hosts, among the living, to haunt...... anyone who goes into a place like this without properly preparing themselves spiritually is only looking for trouble........ :ghost:
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#5 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

I think that there is a little truth in what's being said... but it's not the act of pushing that little button that's at issue here.

I'm going to make an analogy that we can all get (cuz that's the way my brain works anyway).

Ouija is like opening your front door and putting a sign in your front yard that says "anyone who wants a chat, come on in!" It's not evil and dangerous but there is some inherent stupidity and danger that go along with inviting random people into your home and your life.

EVP is more like going out on the street blindfolded and asking randomly if people would like to have a little chat with you. You're still engaging another stranger (so like ouija) but you're not inviting anyone home. There's risk involved but it's fairly minor.

When you go out to known haunted locations, you're running a risk of encountering a crazy... just like when you go out in public every day. There are protections that you have to do before doing so... just like when you go out in public, you're aware of your surroundings and worry if someone seems to be following you. We talk to people we don't know every day... heck, I'm doing it right now! There is some risk in every activity we engage in that we encounter the unknown... normally the risk is so minimal that we don't even consider it... EVP has a very minor risk that some crazy is going to follow you home if you're not careful. Most people wouldn't just randomly invite people inside because that is taking a known and fairly high risk that you'll invite a crazy in who will pee on your furniture. Ouija is the same thing... you're taking a fairly high risk that someone's going to pee on your sofa. There are people who do it everyday for years and have no problem and there are people that have the sofa pee-er their first time out.

So... they've kinda got it right... not really, though.

#6 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:21 PM

This is what I expected... In some way, I believe that you are still inviting someone to communicate with you, but with a Ouiji board, it's in your home or a friends home... Where as an EVP, you're are in an area that may have some activity and inviting someone to communicate with you...

Peepers: It's odd that you mentioned some people go to a graveyard for their first investigation... Oddly enough, that's exactly what I'm doing... However, I have some personal ties to the graveyard and that's why I'm doing this... I am a decendant of the family who started the cemetary, and are buried there... I don't expect to see much activity because the cemetary does this every Halloween and give tours... The tours are small in number at time, but you are allowed to go walk around by yourself... It will be at that time I will visit my decendants and see what I can get...

But this brings me to my next question, protection... How does one protect themselves so they don't bring a "crazy" home with them... I just want to talk, nothing more ;)...

Christopher

PS: I heard this information about the EVP's from a video I saw on YouTube about the day and the life of a Paranormal Investigator... Then read it in a couple other places...
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#7 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:45 PM

What a load of twosh, as most people are saying it is just to record voices,. good luck :)

#8 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

Peepers: It's odd that you mentioned some people go to a graveyard for their first investigation... Oddly enough, that's exactly what I'm doing... However, I have some personal ties to the graveyard and that's why I'm doing this... I am a decendant of the family who started the cemetary, and are buried there... I don't expect to see much activity because the cemetary does this every Halloween and give tours... The tours are small in number at time, but you are allowed to go walk around by yourself... It will be at that time I will visit my decendants and see what I can get...

But this brings me to my next question, protection... How does one protect themselves so they don't bring a "crazy" home with them... I just want to talk, nothing more :ghost:...

Christopher

The standard prayer of protection I choose to use is The Prayer to Saint Michael:

Saint Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
And do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
By the power of God,
Cast into hell
Satan and all evil spirits
Who wander through the world
Seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

.... this is my personal preference and others choose differently... I also use another to the Saint that goes like this:

Saint Michael, go before me,
S M, be behind me,
S M, be to the left of me,
S M, be to the right of me,
S M, be above me,
S M, be below me,
S M, surround me and protect me from all evil and harm that may try to befall me.... Amen.

It works for me!!.......

.... also, when leaving a cemetery or haunt, I say an impromptu prayer asking for all the souls that may have remained on the earthly plain find eternal rest....

.... one more thing.... I believe when we enter a cemetery in the quest to investigate, gather EVPs etc., our intent is different than when going to visit or mourn a passed loved one..... this could possibly open us up to bringing home something we don't care to have visit us......... :)

Edited by peepers, 20 October 2007 - 05:21 PM.

Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#9 Sweetspirit4ever

Sweetspirit4ever

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

Personally I find that EVP's are merely a way of recording the voice, and I don't think it can open a portal like an Ouija does (if it does). I am sure someone with expertise would help you out.

I agree. In my opinion EVP's are just a way of recording the voices that you can't hear. The voices would still be there if you didn't do an EVP, you just wouldn't be able to hear them. It's not like you're summoning spirits. They're already there, and you just want to hear them.
Posted Image

#10 jenillumine

jenillumine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Of loving heart~ Finding my way thru the unity in the multiverse.<br /><br />Constant student of new idea's and thinking outside the box.<br />Medium in potential~ Good listener/Friend and intuitive.<br />

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:13 PM

The standard prayer of protection I choose to use is The Prayer to Saint Michael:

Saint Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
And do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
By the power of God,
Cast into hell
Satan and all evil spirits
Who wander through the world
Seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

.... this is my personal preference and others choose differently... I also use another to the Saint that goes like this:

Saint Michael, go before me,
S M, be behind me,
S M, be to the left of me,
S M, be to the right of me,
S M, be above me,
S M, be below me,
S M, surround me and protect me from all evil and harm that may try to befall me.... Amen.

It works for me!!.......

.... also, when leaving a cemetery or haunt, I say an impromptu prayer asking for all the souls that may have remained on the earthly plain find eternal rest....

.... one more thing.... I believe when we enter a cemetery in the quest to investigate, gather EVPs etc., our intent is different than when going to visit or mourn a passed loved one..... this could possibly open us up to bringing home something we don't care to have visit us......... :)

Well said Peepers!!~
I also like the prayer to St. Michael in ~latin too :

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in praelio. Contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur. Tuque princeps militiae caelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo divina virtute in infernum detrude. Amen.

It's always good to go into battle/investigating with our
spiritual armor. Also remember this warning:

"Watch out that no one deceives you." -Mathew 24:4 NIV

Love and Light~
Jennifer

Edited by jenillumine, 21 October 2007 - 03:14 PM.

Posted Image"Better to ~illuminate~ than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate." -Saint Thomas Aquinas

#11 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:20 PM

When something invisible knows your name and starts talking to you like you're "theirs", the relavence of using the prayers I stated above will be made clear....... especially if the voice is dark and bitonal........

Edited by peepers, 21 October 2007 - 03:21 PM.

#12 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:49 PM

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in praelio. Contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur. Tuque princeps militiae caelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo divina virtute in infernum detrude. Amen.

Love and Light~
Jennifer

Thanks for posting that, Jen.... I love the Latin versions of prayers.....

It would be interesting to see if I get a response in Latin after praying in Latin.... It doesn't matter which cemetery I've gone to, lately..... someone unseen in all has known my name..... and has responded as if they actually know me or what I have been thinking..... ;)

#13 EnJay

EnJay

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

Well, I believe the reason why some people or some groups believe this is due to hollywood. Evps arent just with a recorder, but can be done by any electronical means of recording voices. Such as tvs with dvr or vcr recording. IE "White Noise" If you seen the movie white noise, the tv worked as a gateway. Or if you seen the movie "Pulse", anything that has transmission waves worked as a portal. Simply speculation and a way of the writers to draw you in with the ever so common.."If could really happen" technique.

Conducting EVPS is just a way to collect residual or intelligent sounds or voices at the said haunted location. We collect evps because we feel the place to be haunted, or it is said to be so. So how is this opening a doorway when the subjects are already in the area we are conducting evp work? If it were a way of opening some portal, you could turn on your recorder right now, start asking questions and you could have the possibility of an unwelcomed visitor.

Anytime you are conducting an investigation, you have the likely hood of bringing something home, digital or tape recorders do not work like the trap from ghost busters, its to collect sounds, not spirits.

#14 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

Good responses all of them... I will keep the prayers in mind when I go to do my investigation... I just bought my voice recorder, an Olympus VN-4100PC ;)... Next, I need to figure out how to get the video on my MiniDV camcorder onto my PC, but I think I may have that figured out... I'll know tomorrow...

Thanks again everyone... I appreciate your input...

Christopher

Posted Image

#15 jenillumine

jenillumine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Of loving heart~ Finding my way thru the unity in the multiverse.<br /><br />Constant student of new idea's and thinking outside the box.<br />Medium in potential~ Good listener/Friend and intuitive.<br />

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:18 PM

Love and Light~
Jennifer

Thanks for posting that, Jen.... I love the Latin versions of prayers.....

It would be interesting to see if I get a response in Latin after praying in Latin.... It doesn't matter which cemetery I've gone to, lately..... someone unseen in all has known my name..... and has responded as if they actually know me or what I have been thinking..... :ghost:

Let me know if you get any response
thru speaking prayer in Latin.

I know you fill a space like
a cemetary with light when you visit~
Always giving spirits the opportunity to
cross over if they can. A worker in the light you are.
Love and Light~
Jennifer
Posted Image"Better to ~illuminate~ than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate." -Saint Thomas Aquinas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users