• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#1 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

Here's the short version of my experience at a 200 acre tract of woods west of Boston which I've hiked for nearly 20 years.

I hike it 2 or 3 times a week and had always gotten a strange feeling along one particular section of trail.
Then one time saw a figure standing by a tree at this section of trail, but when I got up to him he was gone.
This sounds cliche-ish, but he was wearing a long black hooded cloak. I thought it was Goth kid smoking weed or something, and I was going to acknowledge him and keep going. He was there for a maybe 5 seconds, and then when I got up to him, he was gone.
In the following weeks other odd things happened at this tree including being tapped on the hand one time and on the back another.
After those experiences, for a long while I avoided this section of trail ‘cause I was spooked, even though I’m old enough to be very skeptical.

Then 2 months ago I stopped at this tree to examine it more closley. I walked behind it and found someone had placed a clay amulet on the tree. This was a shock. This is just a random tree on a random section of trail. There is nothing obviously unique about it, but someone else must be feeling the same vibes from this tree or this spot.

I have pictures of the amulet, and over the past 2 months I've begun researching the history of this place.
Much more to tell if anyone is interested.
I'll put up the first picture once i figure out how to do it!

#2 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

Maybe someone wants to hear this though no one has replied. I've posted it on a blog:

A ghost story happening right now...
http://menotomymaps.com/amulet.html

#3 Persank

Persank

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Nature, researching, and ghosts. :D

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

I don't live in Massachusets but I would love to hear more about this. I have a rather large infatuation with hauntings in forests/woods. And its always interesting to hear them. And I think a picture would be awesome to see. Maybe some people can give you an insight on what it could mean or what exactly it is. =D

But go ahead and post some more stories. :headbang: I cannot wait to read them.

#4 lostkevin

lostkevin

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

thats an awesome story , id love to know the hiking area where this went on , keep posting your info , this is one of the best posts on this site so far.

#5 wawa

wawa

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:49 AM

thats an awesome story , id love to know the hiking area where this went on , keep posting your info , this is one of the best posts on this site so far.

Did you find out, what the haunted history was of this particular place?

#6 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:24 AM

Did you find out, what the haunted history was of this particular place?

What I've learned is that it is somehow related to Shamanism and the ancient 'powers' of this area.
So much has happened since my initial experiences out there. I hike it almost every day now - I'm really sucked into it. And almost every day I see or feel something, and on some days I get physical proof that I'm tapping into something and am on the right track.

I'll try to write about some of those experiences soon.

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:26 AM

Sure would be interested to hear more. I guess nature has it's own power points and energy centres.
Posted Image

#8 F1_Fan

F1_Fan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1<br />PS3<br />Reading<br />Model Making<br />Home Improvement<br />History<br />Wildlife

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:55 AM

A great story!

If true I would be quite freaked to find upon investigation a clay amulet behind something that had been giving me the heebee jeebies, despite being a fairly skeptical person.

Would love to see a picture of the amulet.

#9 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

WOW now I'm interested would love to hear more and would love to see the amulet the link above no longer works.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#10 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:16 AM

WOW now I'm interested would love to hear more and would love to see the amulet the link above no longer works.

Sorry about the bad link.
I wrote it 10 months ago and have only written one small update.
I could write volumes about what has happend since. I've kept a record of everything, but it's in my own scratch notation and needs to be cleaned up.

But this link has some background and some pictures:

http://menotomymaps....amulet_hld.html

#11 Becky K

Becky K

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

Sorry about the bad link.
I wrote it 10 months ago and have only written one small update.
I could write volumes about what has happend since. I've kept a record of everything, but it's in my own scratch notation and needs to be cleaned up.

But this link has some background and some pictures:

http://menotomymaps....amulet_hld.html

This is indeed a very interesting story. I am originally from Vermont, and the whole northeast is just full full full of ancient NA history, and Spirits.
I live in southeast Alabama right now. I have a hard time finding like minded people here because most folks around here think that "ghosts" or anything paranormal is done by "Satan", "the Devil", "demons"...I don't know what they are but I don't think they have anything to do with anything "religious". I don't think "the afterlife" has anything to do with anything "religious" in the way that most people view it around here. And that makes me a very big square peg in a round hole, if you know what I mean. People here view me as "suspect" because I do not go to any church, and I have scared the door to door preacher/salesmen away maybe a couple of times with my black cats. They kept bugging me and finally I told them that I was a born again Pagan. It took them awhile to understand the meaning of that word, and simultaneously came the understanding and then my three very large black cats came out the door and starting rubbing up against their legs(there were three of them) and you woulda thought that Beelzebub himself had just walked out the door.
Oh my it was quite funny, honestly.
But anyway.
Will be happy to read more about your story.....
Blessed Be
Becky K. :)

#12 Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:39 AM

What I've learned is that it is somehow related to Shamanism and the ancient 'powers' of this area.

Very interesting read. I'd like to hear more, also I'd like to know more about the Shaman that contacted you (you mentioned it at the end of this link: http://menotomymaps....mulet_hld.html) and what they told you.

#13 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

Becky, I'm always surprised that people will believe someone with an agenda standing up in the front of a (insert religious institution) reading from a book which has been edited and re-edited by humans with an agenda. But when it comes to getting info, truths and cues from animals, rocks and trees, people dismiss it.

Good timing Jack, I was planning on writing an update today.

The Shaman has been very helpful. It turns out Shamanism is probably the oldest spiritual practice on the planet, pre-dating today's major religions by many thousands of years.
Last year at this time I didn't even know how to pronounce Shaman - I thought it was 'Shay-man' but actually it is 'Shah-man'.

She has taught me to listen to animals, trees, etc. And really, they are trying to talk to us all the time. (yep, sounds nuts, but so what)

I had an interesting experience a few nights ago.

I 'travelling' in a dream state, (a common shamanistic practice) visiting a place I regularly ‘hang out’ when 'travelling', and I decided to try to contact someone I recently met on-line. This person is a Sachem (chief) from a local Native American tribe who sent me an email regarding an interactive map I built (web-based) which shows the location of certain Native American villages here in Massachusetts from the 1600s. I only received one email from them, but decided to try to contact them in the Spirit World.

So I repeated their name, calling them, trying to connect with them, but nothing happened.

I eventually gave up.

But the next morning I woke up to an email from the Shaman asking: “What were you doing last night? Why were you calling me? Why were you calling me to visit you last night?”

#14 Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

Good timing Jack, I was planning on writing an update today.

Kinda weird, I literally just joined this forum last night. I was skimming through the forum reading threads, and I came across yours and found it to be a very insightful read. It had me hooked :D . So what about the note you left in the plastic baggy? Ever get a response? And what about the amulet is it still in the tree?

So I repeated their name, calling them, trying to connect with them, but nothing happened.

I eventually gave up.

But the next morning I woke up to an email from the Shaman asking: “What were you doing last night? Why were you calling me? Why were you calling me to visit you last night?”

Wow, that had to be something, huh?

Personally I have an open mind, so to me hearing the trees and animals "speak" is not crazy, it's more so a symbolic speak, right? As in being one with the universe?

#15 herenow

herenow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

Yes, more of a symbolic 'speaking'.
No one ever wrote anything on the paper I left at the the tree, though they did leave me this on April 8, 2010:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users