NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 11:09 AM

Could you ask your husband something?

Here is the question:

Could scientists manipulate a magnetic field in such a way that they could imprint a sound/tone or series of tones on to a magnetic tape used in a recorder?

Silly question I know.  I'm curious what he would say.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#2 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 12:52 PM

howdy akthra !  i sent you an IM regarding this, but after i sent it i did a double take and decided to take a stab at this.

now, me and my hubby are really more in the know when it comes to astronomy, astrophysics, and cosmology, but... from knowing lots and lots of solid state physics people, i do know that a lot can be done with manipulation of fields to produce sound.

theoretically, magnetic field anomolies would show up on any kind of media - sound or otherwise.  i suppose it's possible... do you think this is linked to ghostly evps?

good thinking, a!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#3 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 01:07 PM

Yup! I wonder if since a spirit that has left the body cannot obviously use vocal cords or air to send a sound, they they somehow use an electrical impulse, that is then picked up by the Pre-emphasis chip on most new recorders (if not all). This take s the sound that is well out of human hearing range and boosts it to a hearable range.  The reason why say a recorder can pick up what they say is because of this pre-emphasis chip.  They kind of need electronic assistance in other words.  

This also makes me wonder if an EMF reader would pick up on the jolt or sent push of energy from a spirit.  Just curious if it would always show activity at the time of an EVP cpature (obviously need to have the recorder counter set and everything timed and logged)
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#4 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 01:12 PM

hmm... it's very possible.  and it would jive with other theories that i have about ghostly particulate makeup.

the only thing that i wonder is how sensitive the research equipment has to be in order to pick up electromagnetic energy or frequencies.  it's a sticky wicket, but sometimes i wish that the scientific community would actually jump in here and create hyper sensitive equipment to test theories such as these.

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users